Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

I need help fixing my desktop-pc

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories
pspgabe550

I need help fixing my desktop-pc

Post by pspgabe550 »

I have a HP Compaq dx7200, it has Intel Pentium 4 ht and is running windows 7.
and it just restarts itself, its very frustrating. Any help would be nice
Advertising
[spoiler]My PSP Slim
Piano Black
Pro B9 6.60[/spoiler]
y2skee

Re: I need help fixing my desktop-pc

Post by y2skee »

pspgabe550 wrote:I have a HP Compaq dx7200, it has Intel Pentium 4 ht and is running windows 7.
and it just restarts itself, its very frustrating. Any help would be nice

check the power settings to see if its in right setting
check the event viewer
and Boot into safe mode and see if the random restarts continue while on net, maybe netdriver?
Advertising
LennyVita

Re: I need help fixing my desktop-pc

Post by LennyVita »

there is different reasons why it may restart.

does it randomly restart? or after using it for a long time, it could be your power supply bad, or memory. does it blue screen? sometimes it is also heat, if it is getting hot it could freeze or reboot, but my first test would be run a diagnostics on it, i would test the memory first, you can get a free program called memtest86 it will test your memory and see if you got a faulty stick of ram. if you do just replace the memory. I dont mean to sound bad but i would guess being a older pc, ram may be costly for it, unless you can find 2nd hand memory.

is your power supply or fan on the computer spinning and is it clear of dirt and lots of dust? some people smoke around their computers and clog it up. they do get full of dust and dirt and stop the fan from cooling the computer as it should i would get a can of compressed air and dust out the case, especally the power supply ( thats where the power chord plugs in, dont take the power supply out or apart there is high capacitors in there, just blow it out from the outside of the power supply and the fan on the cpu, both could be the problem.

also like the last poser mentioned try in safe mode and see if it still happens, if it does well its more than likley a hardware failure. i would try both things i mentioned to see. it also could be a bad graphics card or something on the motherboard, worst case.

Also dont spend hundreds of dollars to take it to a shop to get fixed, try to diagnose it yourself and see. computers are disposable now a days. you can get a new pc for $300 or so.

Return to “General”