Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Build a Gaming PC for around $1300

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories
JeoWay

Build a Gaming PC for around $1300

Post by JeoWay »

In this post, I want to talk to you about my personal gaming computer that I just built a few days ago (depending on the time your reading this) and how you can make the same.

My Setup consists of high-end hardware from current generation technology:

-MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Motherboard
-Intel i7 4770k Clocked at stock 3.50 ghz (about 4ghz overclocked)
-Radeon HD (XFX) 7950 Double Dissipation 3GB GDDR5 Clocked at about 121gbps stock (Overclock consists of about 302.6gbps) 900mhz mem. clock (overclock max is about 1.4ghz)
-WD Blue 1TB Desktop HDD (7,200 RPM)
-Thermaltake MS-I Commander Mid-Tower Case (Snow Edition)
-Standard Blu-ray, dvd rw drive
-750 Watt Standard Power Supply (I recommend a Corsair, but I had to go cheap on this one)
-Corsair Vengeance 8GB Memory (RAM)

-OPTIONAL = An 8-pin cable extender (My power supply cord wouldn't reach to the second power connector at the main top left corner of the motherboard.

All this, costed about $1250 - $1350
Extras included a monitor ($120), speakers (dad got them free), Standard keyboard ($3, gaming keyboard hadn't arrived yet, Logitech G105 MW3 Edition Gaming Keyboard ($30)

Are you thinking of getting this setup? Or getting similar hardware? I would also like to know what kind of hardware you are gaming on!
Advertising
Intel Core i7 4770K @4.7Ghz
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair H100i Water Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
1TB WD Blue - 128GB 840 PRO SSD
BenQ XL2420TE Gaming Monitor
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: Build a Gaming PC for around $1300

Post by Xian Nox »

Thoughts off the top of my head:
- Blu-ray drive? Meh. I'll buy you a beer when I use a blu-ray. :lol:
- Going cheap on PSU? Poor life choice. Is it going to be enough for all of your components?
- 1TB HDD feels too small.
Apart from that, I'm not going to bother checking if your video card can run in cross-fire (or whatever Ati calls it now) and assume it does. Would your PSU handle a second graphics card? Also it's worth having free slots to expand the RAM to 16GB.
As for the case, it's ugly. :lol: If I got that, I'd be buying it with a metal saw and paint.
Advertising
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

Xian Nox wrote:Thoughts off the top of my head:
- Blu-ray drive? Meh. I'll buy you a beer when I use a blu-ray. :lol:
- Going cheap on PSU? Poor life choice. Is it going to be enough for all of your components?
- 1TB HDD feels too small.
Apart from that, I'm not going to bother checking if your video card can run in cross-fire (or whatever Ati calls it now) and assume it does. Would your PSU handle a second graphics card? Also it's worth having free slots to expand the RAM to 16GB.
As for the case, it's ugly. :lol: If I got that, I'd be buying it with a metal saw and paint.
I like the case, other than the size. For me, 1TB is enough for now. Support for 32gb ram. I can crossfire 3 cards. PSU works fine. I plan on getting a corsair cm750 later on.

As for the bluray drive, just for bluray movies my dad has and some projects.

I think its perfect for a first build. I plan on going to 24gb ram here in a few months. I probably will be getting a full size case. I can add like 4 hdds and some ssds
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

No SSD?
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

I doubt the PSU will be sufficient if you're going to add on so much stuff.
StaticCodex

Post by StaticCodex »

Xian Nox wrote:I doubt the PSU will be sufficient if you're going to add on so much stuff.
Yep. Dont underestimate the PSU thats literally the backbone for everything especially with the specs now youll definitely need room for upgrades later. You should get a modular PSU, look it up.
Instagram
2.02 TN-V / 1.67 ARK PS Vita | XBMC 150GB XBOX1 | FreeMCBoot PS2 | 6.60 PSPGO 32GB | R4 16gb NDSL
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

I plan on getting this PSU in the future: http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply- ... upply.html

The reason I went cheaper on the PSU is because I didnt want to spend the extra money on something I wouldnt need more power for until I start adding more hard drives or ssd drives, etc.

Right now the power supply I have now will support everything such as 3 radeon crossfire cards, more hard drives, every spec overclocked. It works, which is about all i care for. But still, i may get the corsair here in few months.,
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
Killerfeeshy

Post by Killerfeeshy »

JeoWay wrote:I plan on getting this PSU in the future: http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply- ... upply.html

The reason I went cheaper on the PSU is because I didnt want to spend the extra money on something I wouldnt need more power for until I start adding more hard drives or ssd drives, etc.

Right now the power supply I have now will support everything such as 3 radeon crossfire cards, more hard drives, every spec overclocked. It works, which is about all i care for. But still, i may get the corsair here in few months.,
With a build like that I definitely wouldn't skimp out on the PSU. That thing goes wrong and you could be left with a very expensive paper weight. when PSU's go wrong they can fry all your components in a split second. That Cx750 is a real good PSU id get that ASAP.
70 M3 M7 P5P 15 L1K3 4 DRUG 1F I75 /\/07 I/\/ M7 P0CK37 1M G0/\//\/4 P4/\/1C
My Homebrews
Crazy Eyes
ProKill
Top Down Racing
And others currently unreleased
Got any questions? http://www.ask.fm/Killerfeeshy
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

Killerfeeshy wrote:
JeoWay wrote:I plan on getting this PSU in the future: http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply- ... upply.html

With a build like that I definitely wouldn't skimp out on the PSU. That thing goes wrong and you could be left with a very expensive paper weight. when PSU's go wrong they can fry all your components in a split second. That Cx750 is a real good PSU id get that ASAP.
Iv'e been going months with this Standard KenTek PSU. And it works great! Its 80+ bronze certified too.

It works, so it doesnt have to be specific.

I am however, upgrading to a corsair modular psu soon.
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
Timber

Post by Timber »

Sounds pretty sweet, could do with more ram and maybe get a black WD when you add another HDD, the blues don't last half as long, regardless of being better than 99% of others out there. :D

Return to “General”