Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Computer lagged ?

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories
m0skit0
Guru

Re: Computer lagged ?

Post by m0skit0 »

Windows defenders to the rescue of Gates! Just joking :lol:

Easiest and fastest way is format and reinstall. Hunting viruses and malware can take some time, and not even be successful. If you're formatting, don't forget to backup your data! (this is why I use a separate partition for Windows system and my own data).
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

m0skit0 wrote: Easiest and fastest way is format and reinstall. Hunting viruses and malware can take some time, and not even be successful. If you're formatting, don't forget to backup your data! (this is why I use a separate partition for Windows system and my own data).
No offense, but this is the answer of a noob. Lots of viruses on windows come just after a clean install if the proper updates are not installed immediately (SP1, etc...)
This is why it is essential to understand where the problem is coming from before doing a massive reinstall that might lead to the exact same result.

I'm actually surprised that for once, I'm the one preaching that the guy should understand where his problem is coming from, and you're not ;)
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Experience showed me not try to understand Windows... :lol: I've never had that problem you mention. Windows works just fine and fast after reinstall. And sincerely I don't want to waste my time trying to find why, or hunting viruses, since I only use Windows for gaming, so just format + reinstall is fine enough ;) but yes, your answer is way better than mine (this is not the first time anyway :mrgreen:)
varun
Banned

Post by varun »

m0skit0 wrote:since I only use Windows for gaming
off topic but doesent that show popularity and portability of windows even amongs u devlopers :lol: :D :lol:
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

No, in my point of view that only shows Windows' monopoly. I would rather play on Linux, to be honest, but games are not ported to Linux (probably because of Microsoft's pressure -not getting Windows logo on your box- and using Windows-only technology like DirectX). And about "portability", I don't know what you mean by "portability", but Windows is least compatible OS ever. So portability is definitely not a pro for Windows, ever.
Darkrainbow

Post by Darkrainbow »

Okey, thanks for your comment everybody.

I took a while to check inside of that laptop, and I found out that the main fan of the graphics card is out of its place,
since I have 3 year quarenteen, I won't be fixing it myself. Othervise I can say bye bye to rest of the quarenteen.

Tomorrow I will send it to HP for a fix.
Welcome
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Opening it cancels the guarantee in most regions.
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

It's "warranty". And yes, if you already opened it, your warranty is void.
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

Like JJS said, first check your Task Manager to see what's causing your high CPU usage and then you can fix the problem from there.

I also recommend downloading some kind of registry cleaner (CCleaner by Piriform works very well and there's a free version. I use it everyday)

On average (while not running a game and having multiple windows and tabs of Google Chrome opened (usually around 2 windows and 6 to 8 tabs) my HP G71 laptop runs between 125 degrees and 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything higher and you should check whats causing the high CPU usage. When I'm running a game (like Minecraft) the temperature hovers around 150 degrees Fahrenheit (I usually have at least one window and 2 tabs open along with Skype while gaming)
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

lots of good answers, opinions and solutions here, but did it ever occur to anyone else but me, that maby this is the answer: 40 ºC = 104 ºF ... :lol:

(alltho its probably just a virus, program crash or other windows problem creating the lag)
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.

Return to “General”