Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

In what programming languages?

Programming on your favorite platform, for your favorite platform? Post here
m1k33

Re: In what programming languages?

Post by m1k33 »

Howto wrote:thank you for your answered.
can someone experienced please tell me in what parts a game code must be divided? [Sorry but i can't say it properly in English :roll: ]

for example as Kees90 said: -gun shoot[must be coded properly for the] : -speed of the bullets, -for the reload speed. and more
jump[must be coded properly for the]: -height of jump, -distance and more

If you understand what i am saying please help me understand how call of duty modern warfare 3[for example..] works.
The game engine takes care of those.
Advertising
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Kees90

Post by Kees90 »

m1k33 wrote:
Howto wrote:thank you for your answered.
can someone experienced please tell me in what parts a game code must be divided? [Sorry but i can't say it properly in English :roll: ]

for example as Kees90 said: -gun shoot[must be coded properly for the] : -speed of the bullets, -for the reload speed. and more
jump[must be coded properly for the]: -height of jump, -distance and more

If you understand what i am saying please help me understand how call of duty modern warfare 3[for example..] works.
The game engine takes care of those.
Thats true unity 3D is the almost the same you need to make the script in it but the popular games like Gta 4 and Call of Duty black ops 2 are not made it in game engines they are made of scratch (Nothing) but if you wanna make a game then i think... you gonne use a game engine because it makes it easier to make a game im working at my own game and the game engine i like is unity 3D

Greetings kees90
Advertising
PS vita:Cfw 1.81 Urbanix Exploit by Coldbird
Psp 3003: 6,60 LME-1,4
Psp 2000: 6,60 LME-1,4
Trying to make my game called "Zombie" Dead
Howto
Banned

Post by Howto »

hmm thanks for all the information guys! :)
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Kees90 wrote:but the popular games like Gta 4 and Call of Duty black ops 2 are not made it in game engines they are made of scratch (Nothing)
No.
Call of Duty --> IW engine
GTA4 --> RAGE, Euphoria, Bullet
Star Citizen --> CryEngine
PSVita Guy

Post by PSVita Guy »

and in what programming languages are PSP,PSVita,PS3,XBox 360 games?
svenn

Post by svenn »

PSVita Guy wrote:and in what programming languages are PSP,PSVita,PS3,XBox 360 games?
I'm guessing here, but C++/C# are most likely. Simply cause its high-end, tons of game-engines available. But there is no reason all games should use the same language, or be limited to even one.

I took an optional course in a game-designer/developer education and it was C++ they used. Working from an existing in-house game-engine.

About Unity, I think it aims for web/portable gaming not so much for triple-A game looking. But it din't support 'nix at first, so boehoe ! 8-)
Frozair

Post by Frozair »

As many people has said, C++ is pretty much the standarize language to develop the game engine. Then on top of that engine u can use a scripting language to create the logic of ur game. Or u could use C++ for that also!
noname120
Developer

Post by noname120 »

Huge success 3D games never use C#: they often use C++.
Their store can sometimes use C# but that is very unlikely.
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

You can write a game in any programming language that has graphics libraries, which is almost all of them. It highly depends on what you want to do (2D/3D, mixed? shaders?, dynamic lightning?...) and what level of performance you're expecting. Low-level languages are usually faster, e.g. assembly, C, C++ but using these requires more programming experience to code a game with. Higher-level languages are easier to program with but usually slower. So for high performance games you will need to learn C++, which I think is THE language for top 3D games. You will also need to learn either OpenGL (all platforms) or DirectX (only Windows), because this libraries do all the tedious and slow 3D calculations for you.

For the physics part (bullets, collisions, shockwaves, movement, gravity...) you need to know, as it name implies, physics. You have to modelize physics formulae so the computer can calculate trajectories, collisions, etc... There are also libraries for this, like Unity (as mentioned above). I strongly suggest you check these tutorials because I think with your level, this is what you are looking for ;) :mrgreen:

Good luck with it!

PS: oh and consoles are no different from PCs, they are all computers; have fun!
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
svenn

Post by svenn »

m0skit0 said it all, you can write a game in every programming language. (text games are games after all)

Someone could argue some programming languages are better then other, but then again, Notch made minecraft in Java and that turned out pretty succesfull :D

Return to “Programming”