Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Programming With AutoItv3 (AU3)

Programming on your favorite platform, for your favorite platform? Post here
ReaperX

Programming With AutoItv3 (AU3)

Post by ReaperX »

Anyone Heard of this before? (Website Below)
AutoIt Website wrote: AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages. AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box.
Forum: Link

This is a very easy and fun Scripting language to learn. It only took me a few days to learn the basics and im still learning more about it now. Below are some Applications i Created. Let Me know if One of them doesnt work.
Process Manager.rar
(2.37 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
Text Editor.rar
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
You Need to Install AutoItv3 to Your PC to use the Text editor. The compiled script wont work in a different directory. Its in my coding probably. Sorry.

If Find it Best to Use the SciTE Editor For Au3.
Create a Basic GUI Window

Code: Select all

#NoTrayIcon ;Optional - Takes a Away Tray Icon while GUI is Running

GUI() ;Declare Function Name First

Func GUI() ;Call Function (Start it)
	GUICreate("Basic GUI", 200, 200) ;Create GUI Window - Not Shown YET

;GUI Controls Can be Put Here to Create Objects. (Buttons, Edits, Inputs, ListViews, Images, Ect.)

GUISetState() ;Show Window. Others Options may be used Like: GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) To Hide the GUI Window (@SW_SHOW to Show it)

While 1 ;Loop to Keep the GUI Running
		$iMsg = GUIGetMsg() ;Checks for Actions in the GUI Like Button Clicks, Exiting the GUI, Menu Actions, Ect. ($iMsg is the Variable used to Access the Actions.
							; A Different Var Name can be Used if you Like.
		Switch $iMsg ;Use the $iMsg Var to Get the Actions and Determine what to Do on a Specific Action.
			Case -3 ;'Case' is Used to Ask if A Certain event occurs and If So, Acts on it According to What you put Below it. Like Exit
					;'-3' Can be used to Ask if the Red X in the Top Right of the Window is Clicked.
				Exit ;Closes the GUI Window
		EndSwitch ;Closes the Switch loop (Doesnt Exit Window)
	WEnd ;Closes While Loop
EndFunc ;Ends Function and Starts While Loop Again (Provided there are No Arguments)
Advertising
PSP Information
PSP Model: Sold
PSP Motherboard:
PSP Firmware Version:
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
m0skit0
Guru

Re: Programming With AutoItv3 (AU3)

Post by m0skit0 »

I already knew about this tool, but I prefer Perl, it's more flexible and way more powerful. But thanks for sharing anyway :)

PS: Windows people trying to script. They need GUI. :lol:
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
AsDraS

Post by AsDraS »

This programming language is perfect to control other windows and make simple programs but as soon as you make bigger programs its too slow.. i used it to make a two player pong game, tetris and snake a long time ago and it was already laggy on an older computer when i used a background^^ But i still use it nearly every day at work because working gets so much easier and faster when a program helps you :lol:
My Pc: i7 3930K @4.5GHz, 16gb ram, 2x gtx 580 (2x3gb version), 1x 256GB SSD, 1x 128GB SSD, 25TB HDD :D
PSP: CFW 6.60
PsVita 3.18:
-PSM+ rejuvenate exploit
-Patapon2 TN-V 10
-SportsSuperbikes2 PSOne exploit
4ich

Post by 4ich »

yes i know it too
i love it cause its so simple and it has an help database with all funktions how to use
so i programmed a few "bots" for browser games with "mouseklick" so that i only have to start it and it collects all resources
also i made an prog that closes all windows and shuts down windows after an amoung of time so that i can go sleep without that i need to do it myself

i like it but i only know the basics
Check out www.Consoleheaven.de... we build it up =)
AsDraS

Post by AsDraS »

Right its very nice for bots :D
When i played farmville i made a script which planted and earned on its own xD i did this with a function which searches for matching images but i dont know anymore what it was called.. Coolest part was when i reached a higher level in a few days than a friend who played it for months xD
My Pc: i7 3930K @4.5GHz, 16gb ram, 2x gtx 580 (2x3gb version), 1x 256GB SSD, 1x 128GB SSD, 25TB HDD :D
PsVita 3.18:
-PSM+ rejuvenate exploit
-Patapon2 TN-V 10
svenn

Post by svenn »

"Auto-it" as in bots ;-)

Its an old tool ;) Unless you need a easy click/sendbutton language I din't feel it to be so usefull.

But its a nice and handly language for some purposes. thx for sharing :)
noname120
Developer

Post by noname120 »

I've made quite a few tools using this language and what I can say is that is has a wide feature range, allowing to do nearly everything others languages can do but in half of the time (with AutoIt, you only need to create a .au3 and start programming whereas in C, you need to mess with makefiles and in java have a project file (except if you use the command line to compile, of course).
The major drawback is the fact it's not portable at all!
You can only use it on Windows (be it desktop (WinXP, Vista. Seven, 8) or server (2003, 2008, 2013...)).

Most of its features work on WINE but there is no native support since it heavily relies on the Win32 API.

This is a must-have language for many simple tasks such as automation tool (internet browser automation or Windows Explorer automation), but don't except to create games or applications where the speed is crucial...

Also: the source code of your project can't be hidden natively but there is a tool called AutoIt3Cano that will encrypt your file in a way only a skilled reverse engineer will be able to get the source; however programs encrypted using this tool are subject to a false-positive to many antivirus because they see a try to hide data (by encrypting it).
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Please make a game with AutoIt. Please make a homebrew for PSP with AutoIt. Please make an operating system with AutoIt. Do not ever again compare this **** with C, you must have lost your mind dude :lol:

KTHXBYE

PS: oh and btw, that supposed encryption that only super RE can crack, it's ***. AutoIt needs to decrypt it to execute it, so nothing as simple as executing it and peeking on RAM to see the whole thing. Just FYI.
AsDraS

Post by AsDraS »

m0skit0 wrote:Please make a game with AutoIt. Please make a homebrew for PSP with AutoIt. Please make an operating system with AutoIt. Do not ever again compare this **** with C, you must have lost your mind dude :lol:

KTHXBYE

PS: oh and btw, that supposed encryption that only super RE can crack, it's ***. AutoIt needs to decrypt it to execute it, so nothing as simple as executing it and peeking on RAM to see the whole thing. Just FYI.
Nobody said that C isn't better than autoit. Also why would someone want to make a homebrew for psp?? xD
It may be slow but it isn't ****... its good to start programming (yeah i know its a scripting language) with and then move on to a more complex language. I started with autoit and I am learning C++ (and VHDL but to communicate to hardware) at the moment but I still use autoit to make some simple scripts which do not need to be fast. But it helped me to understand how programs are working to start with other languages like C.
PsVita 3.18:
-PSM+ rejuvenate exploit
-Patapon2 TN-V 10
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

AsDraS wrote:its good to start programming (yeah i know its a scripting language) with and then move on to a more complex language
BASIC-like? Then no, it's no good to start with. I started with BASIC and I regretted that a thousand times.
AsDraS wrote:and VHDL but to communicate to hardware
Sorry, VHDL is not to communicate with hardware but to design and simulate hardware (hence its name: Hardware Design Language). C (also C++ of course) is precisely a very good language to communicate with hardware.
AsDraS wrote:it helped me to understand how programs are working to start with other languages like C
Sorry, but BASIC won't make you understand how C works. They're pretty far away. In fact BASIC will make you misunderstand how C really works. Learning BASIC nowadays is a huge waste of time.

Return to “Programming”