Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

I want to learn programming

Programming on your favorite platform, for your favorite platform? Post here
nazar_ops

I want to learn programming

Post by nazar_ops » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Hello everyone. Lately I've been thinking about learning on how to program software and stuff. At the moment I just want to know how to program a simple software game or tool or basically mess with software and editing it (like they do with the PSP exploits). I assume C# is the direction for me then. But is there any head start for all this? Can you guys recommend me on how to start programming in C#?

Thanks
Advertising
PS VITA 1000-PCH WIFI Model
PS VITA 2000-PCH Lime Green & White WIFI Model

Check out my YT channel. I do PS VITA commentaries, unboxings and more =)

Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCippbNLSEHdlIGuxVAY8L2w

nightnero253

Re: I want to learn programming

Post by nightnero253 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Get a book about the coding you want to do and read it.
Advertising

hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:35 pm

nazar_ops wrote:Hello everyone. Lately I've been thinking about learning on how to program software and stuff. At the moment I just want to know how to program a simple software game or tool or basically mess with software and editing it (like they do with the PSP exploits). I assume C# is the direction for me then. But is there any head start for all this? Can you guys recommend me on how to start programming in C#?

Thanks
C# doesn't work on PSP (unfortunately). However, if you're interested in learning C# for (almost) every other platform, there's nothing better than the official MSDN docs:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.71).aspx

If you want to program for the PSP, you have the options of Lua, Python (both are interpreted), C/C++, MIPS (for PSP exploits).
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"

noname120
Developer

Post by noname120 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:40 pm

@hgoel0974: He did not say that he was willing to do programming on the PSP.
@nazar_ops: Any tutorial will do the trick. For instance, this onewill teach you most of the things that you need to learn.
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead

Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Personally, I'd say you're better off learning programming independently of the language. Once you know all the concepts then learning a language itself is easy as they all follow the same concepts (and for the most part the same syntax) with minor changes.

bruno10

Post by bruno10 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:03 pm

No matter the route you take, it doesn’t really matter as long as you practice a **** ton. Look through the popular languages and decide which one you want to start with. I’d go with one of the following: Java, Swift, Python, C, C++, smalltalk, PHP. It doesn’t matter that much, and before you get a job doing it you’ll probably want to have bounced around a little bit.

Instead of giving step by step instructions, I’m going to give you a few pointers. Please pay attention to these, don’t just be like “yeah whatever.” Following these tips will make you grow way faster, and if you actually follow these tips completely, you’ll probably be the fastest learning programmer in history. Nobody follows these rules until way later than they should have, and everyone regrets it a bit. It’s not a huge deal because everyone does it, but you can seriously make a huge difference. You could be job-ready in 3 months easy if you practice every day and do this stuff. If you don’t, I’d say you’re probably looking at about 1–3 years of practice at least before anyone hires you.

Return to “Programming”