Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Nvidia GTX 970/980 PC, or stick with PS4(?)

Discuss Windows, Mac, or Linux Gaming (or other types of applications) here
LiquidShadow

Re: Nvidia GTX 970/980 PC, or stick with PS4(?)

Post by LiquidShadow »

dexter62226 wrote:ps4, its cheaper to buy a ps4 the ps4 will have more coverage when it comes to games,it will be supported by titles for years to come. i have both a gaming rig and a ps4 and id def say i enjoy the ps4 more, its more convient
Sooooo yes a ps4 is cheaper to buy BUT:

1. PS4 Games are more expensive, Online prices rarely drop
2. PS4 needs PS+...so 50€ a year for online services... Yes you get free stuff but its mostly stuff you didnt really want so thats no real plus. Especially since it forces you to stick with ps+ to keep your expanded library.
3. PS4 has no mods. I love mods. Mods change everything and give you the possibility to experience a game from a completely new perspective
4. PS4 only has medium Settings with 30fps compared to pc games. You can get higher frames for the price of a PS4. To be honest the 60fps talk is ***. You can enjoy any game as long as you dont notice any stutter. Depending on the game even sub 30fps are fine. But what matters here is that the current gen hardware can barely sustain 60fps @1080. My custom pc that cost me 600€ 5 years ago can still manage modern games on med to low settigns. I am enjoying The Witcher 3 with steady frames without hicups with a more than datet pc. It is beautiful even on the lowest possibe settings. So was Far Cry 3 and most games are. When it comes to performance dont forget dx 12 + steam os. Both sony and microsoft wont get any of it.
5. PC has a Backlog that goes back several generations. PS4.....nah.
6. PS4 has a few exclusives. PC has houndreds. Most PS4 games are released for Xbone and PC because porting the games is easy. Even several JRPG´s are ported to the pc. There barely is any reason to get a current gen console and i hate it.
7. PS4 can only play games and netflix and stuff. PC´s could actually be used productively and can do anything that matters a console can.
8. PS4 cant get upgraded. This is actually a negative point seeing how the main computing load seems to shift to gpu´s more and more. So I actually would be fine with a new GPU. I already invested in a good Power Suply etc and CPU´s arend that important anymore. A New GPU and I could keep this rig running for at least 3 more years.

@CPUzX Stick with the ps4 and save money to get a good pc. That is my opinion.
Advertising

Return to “Games/Applications”