Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The iphone 5

Everything related to smartphones and tablets that doesn't fit in the other forums
sirauron14

The iphone 5

Post by sirauron14 »

Anyone seen it, it looks pretty nice right even thought it doesn't have much upgrades to it but now it looks better with the new dock connector and LTE and other features are cool. Would it be possible to have a giveaway here?
Advertising
Dallox

Re: The iphone 5

Post by Dallox »

Im pretty sure nobody would giveaway an iPhone 5 at this place. (Not because this forum is greedy) If you want an iPhone 5 so bad buy it or click some adds that give them away :lol:
Advertising
E-Yup.
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

Not much upgrades LOLOLOLOL
Have you seen it? Its a complete overhaul, the specs are a huge upgrade as well as the device itself.
sirauron14

Post by sirauron14 »

yeah I've seen it but I never had an iPhone and this one is a lot better, the 4 inch screen is the sweet spot for a phone, and the new dock connector is better more durable, LTE, new camera lense.
DJ_NiveK

Post by DJ_NiveK »

You know what makes no sense to me about the iPhone? (this is completely unbiased because I've been with apple since the original and had every model up until the 4 and i've jailbroken all of them so I gotten my use out of them more then the average user)

They know how to get you... the original iPhone shipped with EDGE only... why? even crappy phones had 3G.

Things like that made me switch to android...

I have EVERYTHING the iPhone 5 has since 5 months... a 4inch Screen, 8 Megapixle camera, Panorama Pics, Take pics while recording full HD, Decline a call with a Text...

They are wayyyyyyy behind. They started the Smart phone genre and did it awesomely! but they're losing to their own game now.

C'mon, JUST NOW you got 4g? (at&t technically had it with the 4s but im talking for all carriers)

I was hoping for them to do something outrageous so I can switch back since I heard T-Mobile added 1900 MHZ radios to there towers, I would've even paid full price for an unlocked one, but they disappointed me (c'mon why not jump to 12 megapixle? why make the phone THINNER? the 4S is perfectly thin they could've crammed a bigger battery too and have a better camera)

I was really gonna jump back to Apple but, they're just now adding features that have been out since months.
jlo138

Post by jlo138 »

Panarama pics, there's an app for that.
8mp camera, even the Evo 4g had that when it released over two years ago. But then again the iPod touch 4th has a .7mp and it's better than many 2mp phones out there.
4inch screen, lots of other phones had that and more.
4g, same as above.
Take pics during video, there was a commercial for Samsung advertising that for two months already.
Better battery, you have to because you now have a larger screen. But it's only 1hr better on wifi, 2 hours on 3G, 2hrs better talk time, and 25hrs on standby in comparison to the 4s.
The front facing camera is now going to record in 720hd and 1.2mp. That's the biggest update on the phone besides a longer screen. It's actually the same width though.
It will have the A6 chip which is UP TO two times the speed of the 4s with the A5 chip.
I have only owned the iPhone 4s so I'm not upgrading. If you have the 4 or below and want to stick with apple, I recommend the upgrade. And now the 4s will be cheaper if you don't like the 5th's design.
I got the stats from apple website.

But I recommend the 32gb or higher IF you record lots of videos. Example: one of my videos on the iPhone 4s which records in 1080hd was 6m and 8seconds. The file size was 921mb. Yeah you can transfer to your pc but who wants to do that all the time?

Anyways, that's my take. I have had Android before and I have iOS now. Both haven pros and cons but I'll leave that for another day. =)
DJ_NiveK

Post by DJ_NiveK »

oh yeah, they wont let you choose the resolution you want to use either. i prefer using 720p recording unless im in perfectly lit situations... which is mostly never
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

True and Verizion is kicking people who got grandfathered into Unlimited data out who buy the iphone 5 :twisted:
ienmity

Post by ienmity »

Hmm... I don't think i would let go of my unlimited data plan for any new phone. Well, that is until something revolutionary comes out (3D projection phone.)
azrayl

Post by azrayl »

I have an Iphone 4s jb and no I wouldn't even consider upgrading to Iphone 5. It's not worth the 900€. And really there's nothing new to the functionality.

+ The only plus point it gets from me is for the LTE.
- Though it also gets a minus point for the **** nano sim.

Return to “General”