Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

We need programmers for ongoing unique Android game

Programming for your favorite smartphone or tablet? Post here
E-Kami

Re: We need programmers for ongoing unique Android game

Post by E-Kami »

Very interesting m0skit0!
I would love to help you but I can't actually, I'm in school exams periods unfortunately :(.
But just to let you know:
Solid experience with Java and OOP --- I have 4 years of Java programming knowledge and 1 - 2 years of android programming knowledge (I'm doing some android apps too, but as I'm alone this is progressing very slowly :( )
Experience with Android SDK and Eclipse IDE -- same here as above
Experience with OpenGL SE (preferably 2.0) -- Sorry for that but I have no experiences in 3D actually
Optional: experience with network programming in Java/Android -- I made many android networking app by the past
If there is still a place for me in mid-June I would love to help you.
Advertising
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Hi E-Kami, nice you posted :D
E-Kami wrote:Solid experience with Java and OOP --- I have 4 years of Java programming knowledge and 1 - 2 years of android programming knowledge (I'm doing some android apps too, but as I'm alone this is progressing very slowly :( )
Well, mostly like me :) Although I know people with more experience than us with Java and their code sucks when it comes to OO paradigm and design...
E-Kami wrote:Experience with OpenGL SE (preferably 2.0) -- Sorry for that but I have no experiences in 3D actually
Well, that's unfortunate, but it doesn't matter since I'm handling this part for now. I had to learn OpenGL ES from zero, but well, I managed to understand the basics. I hope I can get over it :lol: Btw I have switched to OpenGL ES 1.1, since it's easier, although it doesn't offer as much power and control, which I don't need (and can't use) right now anyway.
E-Kami wrote:Optional: experience with network programming in Java/Android -- I made many android networking app by the past
Yessss, this is great, although the multiplayer part will be added later, and probably will not be part of alpha releases. Anyway, we need such experience (both server and client sides).
E-Kami wrote:If there is still a place for me in mid-June I would love to help you.
Most likely yes, since I'm the only programmer right now, and I'm overloaded.

I hope to hear from you soon ;)
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
E-Kami

Post by E-Kami »

Thank you m0skit0, don't worry I'll keep you in touch once I'll have more free time, which is impossible for the moment :(.
By mid-June I'll have as free time as I want until mid-september (Exams ending, country switching).
And don't worry about the way I code, I hate dirty code and I always try to take care of my variables names, comments, code structure, design paterns ect...
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

E-Kami wrote:And don't worry about the way I code, I hate dirty code and I always try to take care of my variables names, comments, code structure, design paterns ect...
This is the most important ;) We hope you can join soon! Until then, good luck with the exams! ;)
E-Kami

Post by E-Kami »

m0skit0 wrote:
E-Kami wrote:And don't worry about the way I code, I hate dirty code and I always try to take care of my variables names, comments, code structure, design paterns ect...
This is the most important ;) We hope you can join soon! Until then, good luck with the exams! ;)
Thank you very much m0skit0, see you soon :)
Nickolas

Post by Nickolas »

Hey :) Sorry for taking so long to answer, but I was a bit busy last week. Anyway, I can make the model but I'm afraid I will need more images. Does the little creature resemble Jigglypuff? :lol: I'll need one more sketch from the side to determine the dimensions. Now about the texturing, you should probably get an experienced guy. I can give it a shot but I am not sure how it'll look like. Oh, one more thing. Could you give me some details about the personality of the creature? I could try to reflect it through a cartoonish model. (For example, if it is a bit naive I could make it look naive)
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Sorry but that model is not valid anymore. I left the project but since all the code was done by me, I'll retain it, but not the art. I'll probably put soon the code as GPL and set up an open Google project for it. If you want to join, let me know when the project is set up, and we can look into the art ;)
Nickolas

Post by Nickolas »

I can help, but I don't want the responsibilities of a main modeler/programmer as I can't work daily. :) Tell me when you upload it, it'll sure be interesting to see the way you program :D
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

I've been following this for a while, but since I don't have any Android device whatsoever (and amaze everyone by saying I don't want one either :mrgreen:), I can't be of much use. Still, I'm curious what the concept is.
Nickolas

Post by Nickolas »

Hmm, I seem to forget about this :P I have no Android device, as well. But I think there's an emulator available, right?

Return to “Programming”