Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

idea to gain kernal acces

This is the development forum of the half-byte loader project. For general Half Byte Loader questions, visit the Half Byte Loader forum.
Forum rules
This forum is for HBL Development discussions ONLY. For User support or HBL general discussions, go to viewforum.php?f=3 . Messages that are not development related will be deleted.
goldensuns

idea to gain kernal acces

Post by goldensuns »

idea is that to edit 6.35 ofw in some type of frimware editer or hex editer and just change its version number to 6.38 so it can be updated on 6.37 ofw just change the frimware name to 6.35 to 6.38 and after that we have kernal expliot due to it was orginally 6.35 and just a name of 6.38 to expliot.and then install that frimware in psp and u know how to make it sign And then we apply old expliots and gain acces to kernel
iam not a psp programer iam yahoo expliot programer so i buy psp from my friend with ofw 6.37 so after studing about for two or three days i come to that piont i wish i can do but i cant i have no experience in it
Advertising
JJS
Big Beholder

Re: idea to gain kernal acces

Post by JJS »

This will not work. Obviously you cannot just edit the version number, in fact you cannot edit any encrypted firmware file without causing it to not run anymore. Also this is probably the most obvious idea ever and therefore would have been used and patched five years ago (if it would have been at all possible that is).

Wrong forum section btw.
Advertising

Return to “Half Byte Loader Development”