Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

memory management: FPL...

This is the development forum of the half-byte loader project. For general Half Byte Loader questions, visit the Half Byte Loader forum.
Forum rules
This forum is for HBL Development discussions ONLY. For User support or HBL general discussions, go to viewforum.php?f=3 . Messages that are not development related will be deleted.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: memory management: FPL...

Post by wololo »

My problem is that syscall estimation doesn't work all the time. I could confirm that my function is now available, but i need to know its syscall accurately. This is why i want to browse the stubs. Without them, this function call works only 30% of the time.
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

OK, I have something that's reasonably fast.
Fast enough actually, that I think going through the current "hardocded list of stubs" is a waste of time and potentially not as precise as this. For now I'll let that as a compile time option, but I'm strongly thinking of getting rid of the list of stubs in the config file.

I am now missing sceIoMkdir (necessary for VHBL to be able to install homebrew), any idea where I could get it from? I haven't looked yet, so if you don't have an idea on top of your head don't bother, I'll dig a bit.
Advertising

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

sceIoMkdir was available from the p5_stubs technique, I just had to get rid of the calls to sceUtilityGetSystemParamInt.
I'm getting the menu to load now in a fairly difficult environment... still getting a crash when running most of my test homebrews, I'll have a deeper look.

The whole system of hooks/ etc... now makes it flexible, but also very hard to get the things correctly from the start... I need to spend more time on gen_exploit_config to get things to work now...

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I submitted my work.
I realized I still don't have access to DeleteFPL sadly, because loading PSP_MODULE_NET_SSL yields an error (I didn't note the error number, I will if I work again on this).

At the very least, this could unblock some people who have been working with games that do not import enough functions.
defining LOAD_MODULES_FOR_SYSCALLS should help increasing access to the right functions. It does require access to sceUtilityLoadModule and sceUtilityUnloadModule, however.

I realized this afternoon that the game I have been working on is not available on the JP store nor the French store, which limits its attractiveness to me. Not that I won't finish the work, but I have much less motivation knowing that I'd have to create yet-another-account just to test the exploit. I don't think it is available in the US either, but I've seen it available on some other stores.

JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

wololo wrote:I realized I still don't have access to DeleteFPL sadly, because loading PSP_MODULE_NET_SSL yields an error (I didn't note the error number, I will if I work again on this).
Just checked and it should be available through the PSP_UTILITY_SAVEDATA_AUTOLOAD dialog: http://moonlight.lan.st/5.00/vsh/module ... logimp.xml

So it should already be usable if p5 stubs are searched :?
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Do the syscalls loaded from P5 stubs stay available after unloading the modules?

EDIT: now that think, it's probably yes since the game syscalls are available even if the game module was unloaded...
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

The answer is yes. This is why we load the modules, fetch the stubs, then unload the modules again. I think the reason is that when the module is unloaded, the system does not know what syscalls aee needed by other loaded modules.

m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

wololo wrote:I think the reason is that when the module is unloaded, the system does not know what syscalls aee needed by other loaded modules.
Poor programming... Could be fixed anyway. You just need a counter for each syscall.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Yup. Of course that's just a guess. Maybe they simply forgot, or maybe it's for performance reasons, or whatever...

m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Or maybe it was not required by Sony's suits... you know how this stuff works in software companies... you only code what's required. Anyway, doesn't matter.

Return to “Half Byte Loader Development”