Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help with Gamecube emulation on Wii

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Programming discussions for your favorite Device
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
GooderDS

Help with Gamecube emulation on Wii

Post by GooderDS »

Hi there, I'm having problems hacking my Wii, I have so far installed the usb loader and homebrew channel, I aslo installed Dios Mios to play gamecube games, but there is this one problem.

The external hard drive I have can only be read by either my PC or my Wii, never both. I can play Wii games if I format it into a WBFS hardrive, but I can put any other files in it because my PC wont read it, yet it can play Wii games on my Wii.
Now, I tried formatting it into Fat32 32bit but I found another 2 problems. I can't put Wii games that are bigger than 4GB on it nor my Wii would read it, I tried putting some GC games in it and rran Dios Mios, but they couldn't find anything.

Any of you guys have a fool proof tutorial on Gamecube emulation? also, a guide to restoring the data in my wii would be appreciated, I'm afraid i have installed to much unnecesary stuff while trying to play gamecube games.

thanks for your help.
Advertising
spawned21

Re: Help with Gamecube emulation on Wii

Post by spawned21 »

Not sure if this is the right place you posted in but oh well

Dios Mios is very outdated. You should use Nintendont it is still being updated and it has more compatible games, audio streaming like Devolution but no antipiracy so it can play games like Eternal Darkness and XIII with no disk.

It was made for the wiiu vwii mode but it works on regular wiis as well

If your HDD is already FAT32 with 32kb clusters use the wii backup manager after letting it detect your wii games and your HDD it will transfer your game to the HDD and split it into sections so you can fit it on there it also has neat features like providing covers and basic game info

if you have installed dios mios WADs you may have to reinstall the miosv10 WADS to restore the ability to play GC games from disk just go back in the WAD manager and uninstall anything you don't need if its a specific channel just delete it from the appsfolder

sadly if there is a big tutorial i haven't found it
Advertising
Daniel_Davies85

Post by Daniel_Davies85 »

Surely it'd be easier to just pick up a wii which allows gamecube play naturally from gamecube discs as wii's are dirt cheap on eBay these days?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Wha? You did understand OP's post right? He already does have a GC compatible Wii but wants to run "backups".
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

What do you mean you can't copy games to wbfs? There's this thing called a backup manager, I have wiithon on my Linux PC and can copy any iso to the wbfs hard drive.
Daniel_Davies85

Post by Daniel_Davies85 »

fate6 wrote:Wha? You did understand OP's post right? He already does have a GC compatible Wii but wants to run "backups".
Sorry, that's not how I read OP post.

Ill just shut up and leave you guys to it.
GooderDS

Post by GooderDS »

Thanks for your replies guys
spawned21 wrote: If your HDD is already FAT32 with 32kb clusters use the wii backup manager after letting it detect your wii games and your HDD it will transfer your game to the HDD and split it into sections so you can fit it on there it also has neat features like providing covers and basic game info
After formatting my HDD, to FAT32 32kb, My wii seems to be unable to recognize it
When I format it to WBFS, the Wii detects it and shows me how much free space it has in the USB Loader, this doesn't happen with a FAT32 partition. Am I doing something wrong?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

You don't need to format anything for use with Nintendon't, Just make a "games" folder at root then plase NGC iso'in their own folders in there with the iso named "game.iso".

Works for me via FAT32 SD but no idea about HDD.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
GooderDS

Post by GooderDS »

fate6 wrote:You don't need to format anything for use with Nintendon't, Just make a "games" folder at root then plase NGC iso'in their own folders in there with the iso named "game.iso".

Works for me via FAT32 SD but no idea about HDD.
The thing is I can't use my HDD on my Wii, It won't read it unless I format it to .wbfs

Return to “Programming and Security”