Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Gamecube Homebrew (and other stuff)

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Programming discussions for your favorite Device
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: Gamecube Homebrew (and other stuff)

Post by Acid_Snake »

I'm never doing that to my beloved Gamecube :shock:
Advertising
Kagaelus
Location: Legal Washington? Surrounded by a hazy cloud of smoke;)

Post by Kagaelus »

@ Snake they cut down GC motherboards and use wiikey, have specialized molded cases very costly but cool ;)
(EDIT) i see you've found that out, judging by the above comment. I wanna try! I picked up 4 functional GC's for $5 a piece.
Advertising
Asscreed white wifi 32gb card uno TN-C 8gb card with ARK
PSPgo 32gb PRO-C
Kratos 32gb psp 2000 PRO-C
Please support GCW Zero on kicktstarter. Really research and think about it if you're a retro fan people. Long Live Open source Platforms
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Acid_Snake wrote: GameCube related PC utilities:
Wiped GCM Fixer (fstfix) - Fix GameCube ISOs to prevent DREs - http://rapidshare.com/files/54372986/gm ... atoshi.rar
GCM ISO Tools - Set of tools (mostly a GUI for fstfix) - http://www.telefonica.net/web2/toz/GCM- ... -1.2b4.EXE
Wiped GCM Fixer GUI - A GUI for fstfix - http://www.elotrolado.net/download/file.php?id=34327
These links are dead.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

thanks for the heads up, I've updated them with new links
jlo138

Post by jlo138 »

You didn't mention that a POT tweak is in most cases necessary to get the GC to read burned media properly. Also the GC can run ISO backups using SD Media Launcher. It maxes out at a 4gb card though.I got into the GC earlier this year and did this. I know the topic is old but the GC is older. :)
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

jlo138 wrote:You didn't mention that a POT tweak is in most cases necessary to get the GC to read burned media properly. Also the GC can run ISO backups using SD Media Launcher. It maxes out at a 4gb card though.I got into the GC earlier this year and did this. I know the topic is old but the GC is older. :)
the POT teak is not necessary for Xeno GC, which is the only modchip available today, and I did include SD media launchers in the download section, so it's implicit that you can play games from SD
jlo138

Post by jlo138 »

I just received a comment on my yt video that you can use sdhc cards for loading. This method uses sd media launcher and a easy trick. Normally the media launcher only accepts 4gb cards and below.

"After your gamecube has booted in Swiss menu, don't select sd gecko yet, just pull out your SD Card and put in a 4,8,16,32 GB (whatever you want) sdhc card with games on it. Then Choose SD Gecko in swiss and it should load your games from your SDHC card :p"

Comments are confirming this works. This is new to me so sorry if you've already known.
So now your not limited to just a handful of games on the card even if they are shrunken.
Here's my yt video if you care to see. It's doesn't show the trick as I didn't know at the time. But it shows the sd media launcher method I use.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFvSMet5PJg
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

I do not have an SD gecko and it seems to be impossible to find it at a reasonable price these days. Xeno GC + mini DVDs were a lot cheaper for me so I went that route. Although it is nice that you can just launch stuff from SD card as it's way better for emulators and homebrews.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

I'm sticking this now, cause I can
PCMGR

Post by PCMGR »

In order to use homebrew and such on GC I will need a gecko adapter,correct?
What do I have:
[spoiler]Nothing to lose.[/spoiler]

Return to “Programming and Security”