Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Pokemon? :P

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Discuss (Official) Games for your favorite platforms
Nymphaea
Retired Mod
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:40 pm
Contact:

Pokemon? :P

Post by Nymphaea » Thu May 12, 2011 1:28 am

Anyone else here addicted to the Pokemon games at all? :lol:

I love the original series, that has been continuing forever. I have both Black and White, and Platinum, right now.(just got my DS a little over a month ago)

The games are a lot more complex than most people seem to think, and it's fun to come up with powerful strategies for battles. The new ones even have online functions, so you don't need to have nearby friends to battle/trade, just a wireless internet connection. They even added the "Dreamworld", which is a browser based game you can send a Pokemon from your DS to in order to catch Pokemon and get items that you can't normally in the game(such as berries, you can only grow them in the Dreamworld for Black and White)
Advertising
There are 10 types of people in the world:
jocks,
nerds,
preps,
emos,
punks,
crazies,
losers,
ghosts,
individuals
and people who don't give a dang about the stupid binary joke.

waratte
Posts: 1320
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:03 am

Re: Pokemon? :P

Post by waratte » Thu May 12, 2011 1:35 am

Nymphaea wrote:Anyone else here addicted to the Pokemon games at all? :lol:

I love the original series, that has been continuing forever. I have both Black and White, and Platinum, right now.(just got my DS a little over a month ago)

The games are a lot more complex than most people seem to think, and it's fun to come up with powerful strategies for battles. The new ones even have online functions, so you don't need to have nearby friends to battle/trade, just a wireless internet connection. They even added the "Dreamworld", which is a browser based game you can send a Pokemon from your DS to in order to catch Pokemon and get items that you can't normally in the game(such as berries, you can only grow them in the Dreamworld for Black and White)
I am. I have almost every pokemon game. Just missing Pokemon red version.
Advertising

User avatar
ruyor
Retired Mod
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:29 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Pokemon? :P

Post by ruyor » Thu May 12, 2011 2:27 am

I love Pokemon games, I have Red (CIB), Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, FireRed, Emerald (CIB), Diamond (CIB), Platinum (CIB), SoulSilver (CIB), and Black (CIB) :P I haven't really been playing them too much lately, I still haven't gotten my 8th badge in Black and I bought it on launch day :/
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
VTE-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
My PSPs
01g:TA-079v1
01g:TA-086
02g:TA-085v1
02g:TA-085v2
04g:TA-093
09g:TA-095
05g:TA-091

AssasinRam
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:45 am
Location: HFIL

Re: Pokemon? :P

Post by AssasinRam » Thu May 12, 2011 2:45 am

Pokemon brings back so many memories! ;)
I'll consider getting a 3DS for playing Pokemon since I don't have a DS. :D
I have a -
PSP 3000

And I love-
HBL!
Why are you reading my signature? =)
Blog- http://ultimate-psp-hacks.blogspot.com/

User avatar
ViP3R
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:55 am
Location: Flash0:/Philippines
Contact:

Re: Pokemon? :P

Post by ViP3R » Thu May 12, 2011 3:16 am

You know what they say...
Image
Goodbye, Captain John "Soap" Mactavish
And Goodbye, Joe Frazier - thanks for encouraging me to have my own PSP

waratte
Posts: 1320
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:03 am

Re: Pokemon? :P

Post by waratte » Thu May 12, 2011 3:27 am

ViP3R wrote:You know what they say...
Image
Theoretically, you can't catch them all. Male, female, shiny male, shiny female, evolved male, evolved femal, shiny evolved male, shiny evolved female, double evolved male, double evolved female, shiny double evolved male, and shiny double evolved female. That's thousands of pokemon and, you will run out of box space.

User avatar
ruyor
Retired Mod
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:29 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Pokemon? :P

Post by ruyor » Thu May 12, 2011 3:51 am

waratte wrote:That's thousands of pokemon and, you will run out of box space.
That's why you need Stadium2/Box/Ranch to store them in xD I only count one of each species/evolution since that's what it takes to complete the Pokedex (which I still haven't done...).
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
VTE-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
My PSPs
01g:TA-079v1
01g:TA-086
02g:TA-085v1
02g:TA-085v2
04g:TA-093
09g:TA-095
05g:TA-091

User avatar
ViP3R
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:55 am
Location: Flash0:/Philippines
Contact:

Re: Pokemon? :P

Post by ViP3R » Thu May 12, 2011 8:52 am

waratte wrote:
ViP3R wrote:You know what they say...
Image
Theoretically, you can't catch them all. Male, female, shiny male, shiny female, evolved male, evolved femal, shiny evolved male, shiny evolved female, double evolved male, double evolved female, shiny double evolved male, and shiny double evolved female. That's thousands of pokemon and, you will run out of box space.
Maybe it's their marketing strategy :lol:
Goodbye, Captain John "Soap" Mactavish
And Goodbye, Joe Frazier - thanks for encouraging me to have my own PSP

ultimakillz
Retired Mod
Posts: 805
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: Pokemon? :P

Post by ultimakillz » Thu May 12, 2011 1:09 pm

i have always enjoyed pokemon games. ive always loved rpgs, and pokemon is one of the best examples of rpg gameplay imo. stats, elemental weanesses, leveling up & evolving, all classic rpg elements. i catch a lot of grief for enjoying pokemon games. lots of people just dismiss them as being "childish", and i admit they are to some extent. but tbh it takes an expert to build a good team that can walk right over the elite 4 (especially with all the double typed pokemon of the last few generations).

like ruyor ive been playing the games since the very beginning and collecting them. currently i have blue (my first pokemon game) red, silver, crystal, ruby, emerald, fire red, diamond, soulsilver, and white.
ruyor wrote:I only count one of each species/evolution since that's what it takes to complete the Pokedex (which I still haven't done...).
me neither :\ although i did get very close in red/blue. now its basically impossible with these event only pokemon. the only way to complete it is to trade with someone who always wants another event only pokemon thats at level 100 :lol:

User avatar
Zecoxao
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Re: Pokemon? :P

Post by Zecoxao » Thu May 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Mew Glitch, yay :P
I was the first one to introduce it back when i was in school, so only by that you'd know what kind of fan i was back then. Unfortunately, i started to get tired of the sequels , then i gave up when Diamond appeared...
My sig is original :D

Post Reply

Return to “Games”