Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Profit from homebrew?

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Discuss (Official) Games for your favorite platforms
Loofy‍‍‍

Profit from homebrew?

Post by Loofy‍‍‍ »

I'm curious in knowing if a dev has actually managed to turn a homebrew project into a profitable business.
Advertising
adover1965

Re: Profit from homebrew?

Post by adover1965 »

No Its The Love Of "HOMEBREW" There Is No Way Possible To Profit. Its SONY'S DOMAIN..... If You Want To Make Games And You Know How To Code Try UNITY 5 Its Awesome.. You Have To Buy A License . You Have To Be On The Latest Firmware. Then You Could Profit.... :lol:
Advertising
ACE
cualquiercosa327

Post by cualquiercosa327 »

Yes.I know almost three case of nds homebrew than finaly end as a comercial product : "Colors!", "jEnesisDs" which was bought by Sega to release Sonic on nds and Dsx86 which has been used to port some olders game to Android .

Also some people which began with gba homebrew finish creating gba and nds comercial titles (An example is Hugo Smiths creador of Dsiware games as flipper ..)
Plaisence

Post by Plaisence »

Even if devs of the homebrew projects cannot turn that very same projects into something profitable, I'm sure they learn a ton of stuff in the process and can turn that knowledge into something profitable.
I believe these weight loss pills are superb and they helped me a lot.
lolapaluuza

Post by lolapaluuza »

There are a lot of such stories, but any beginning startup needs a minimum capital.

Return to “Games”