Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Nvidia Shield Hands on tests

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Discuss (Official) Games for your favorite platforms
HackThiefCoder93

Nvidia Shield Hands on tests

Post by HackThiefCoder93 »

I have recently purchased 2 NVIDIA Shields to test out its capabilities and so far it really amazes me it plays 95% of ds games full speed (using the Drastic Emulator)with no graphical glitches and the other 5% full speed but with some graphical
problems but not bad ones, also plays a handful of psp games with no problem using ppsspp regular or gold version.It can play every android games up to date on its 5in touch screen and it has a hand full of games (growing bigger everyday)that can be played with its controller. Its battery lasts 6 and a half hours of intensive gameplay for me, altho its has a fan its almost never on and stays really cool. Its controller futures what I called the best of both worlds the awesome trigger and button layout of the xbox360 and the awesome analogue layout of the ps3. More info and test to come
Here is the link to my video sorry for an unprofessional on its my first link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NHNNuhkj8g
Advertising
Last edited by HackThiefCoder93 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
In My Collection: Ps3 SS, 2xVita 1000,2xVita 2000, PspGo, Neo Geo X, 3ds XL, Wii, Wii U Pro, Xbox360 slim, Nvidia Sheild,Ps4,Xbox One,Asus ROG 980m 24GBram 1TB storage, Alienware Aurora r5 GTX 980 32GB ram 12TB HDDS, team I.D:LeDaAzn
montie1965

Re: Nvidia Shield Hands on tests

Post by montie1965 »

I want one. But I have to wait until they release the Shields overseas...
Advertising
ZeroSkys

Post by ZeroSkys »

Im the type of person who will wait for a much better version to come out then get the older one.
Add Meh
HackThiefCoder93

Video link coming soon
In My Collection: Ps3 SS, 2xVita 1000,2xVita 2000, PspGo, Neo Geo X, 3ds XL, Wii, Wii U Pro, Xbox360 slim, Nvidia Sheild,Ps4,Xbox One,Asus ROG 980m 24GBram 1TB storage, Alienware Aurora r5 GTX 980 32GB ram 12TB HDDS, team I.D:LeDaAzn
HackThiefCoder93

montie1965 wrote:I want one. But I have to wait until they release the Shields overseas...
I wonder wen and I just ordered a custom carbon fiber tag for my shield
Randysteele992

Post by Randysteele992 »

The Nvidia shield is one of the best hand held devices I've ever owned. Much better than the Vita for sure.
Playing DS games,N64, PSP games etc on it is such a grand experience. I cant recommend it enough.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
ZeroSkys

Post by ZeroSkys »

Randysteele992 wrote:The Nvidia shield is one of the best hand held devices I've ever owned. Much better than the Vita for sure.
Playing DS games,N64, PSP games etc on it is such a grand experience. I cant recommend it enough.
well I dont really think of it as a handheld console. I think of it as a mini computer meant only for games.
Add Meh
djfil

Post by djfil »

Can anyone comment on the size of the device? To me it looks too big and bulky to be really portable. What about battery life too?
HackThiefCoder93

djfil wrote:Can anyone comment on the size of the device? To me it looks too big and bulky to be really portable. What about battery life too?
like I said it runs 6 1/2 hours for me and it about the size of an xbox360 controller plus 15% more

-----
Randysteele992 wrote:The Nvidia shield is one of the best hand held devices I've ever owned. Much better than the Vita for sure.
I agree and just received my shield carbon tag today its awesome

-----
update 59 is out for NVidia Shield
link: http://thedroidguy.com/2013/08/nvidia-s ... s-sd-card/
Last edited by jc_gargma on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Triple Post
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

I'll probably get it when I can get it for ultra cheap. I have the money to buy it, but the price negates the amount of interest I have in it.
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019

Return to “Games”