Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Google Glass: Public opinion

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Discuss (Official) Games for your favorite platforms

What do you think about Google Glass?

It is nice and I am looking forward to it
65%
It should be banned
35%

Total votes: 40

Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: Google Glass: Public opinion

Post by Xian Nox »

Acid_Snake wrote:What I don't like about drunk driving laws is the maximum amount of alcohol you can have in your blood. Not everyone is affected by alcohol in the same degree, so it's dumb to make a general rule for everyone.
Advertising
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

jc_gargma wrote:
SsJVasto wrote:Maybe there should be some laws about usage in a car, too... You shouldn't be reading the screen while driving...
There already are in many places, where its illegal to drive while using a cellphone, and even a hands-free cellphone in some areas.
Making phonecalls and texting while driving are now shown to kill more people a year in car accidents than even drunk drivers.
But with cars which integrate with the PAs on smartphones (Siri, Google Now) the texting and driving issue should start solving itself.
Advertising
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

hgoel0974 wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:
SsJVasto wrote:Maybe there should be some laws about usage in a car, too... You shouldn't be reading the screen while driving...
There already are in many places, where its illegal to drive while using a cellphone, and even a hands-free cellphone in some areas.
Making phonecalls and texting while driving are now shown to kill more people a year in car accidents than even drunk drivers.
But with cars which integrate with the PAs on smartphones (Siri, Google Now) the texting and driving issue should start solving itself.
Nope. Studies have shown a handsfree phone is no safer than holding one in your hand.
And the anti-cellphone laws are future proofed, stating that using any computer device while driving is illegal.
SsJVasto

Post by SsJVasto »

hgoel0974 wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:
Indeed, that's what they're meant to do, but the problem is Focus. People can't be trusted with a screen right in front of their faces... Think of Wall-E. Those people were so used to having a screen in front of their faces that they forgot there was something beyond the screen...

Then again, the problem might solve itself if people are too stupid to watch the road and drive off a cliff...
PSVita Model PCH-1001 (OFW 2.61);
PS3 Model CECH-2101B (OFW 4.46);
PSP Go (OFW 6.60)
PSP Model PSP-2001 (God of War Edition)(CFW 6.60 PRO-B10);
PSP Model PSP-1001b (CFW 4.01-m33 + Kernel Plugin);
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

jc_gargma wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote: But with cars which integrate with the PAs on smartphones (Siri, Google Now) the texting and driving issue should start solving itself.
Nope. Studies have shown a handsfree phone is no safer than holding one in your hand.
And the anti-cellphone laws are future proofed, stating that using any computer device while driving is illegal.
Lolz, either way, I don't understand exactly why a lot of people can't ever stop texting.
SsJVasto

Post by SsJVasto »

hgoel0974 wrote:[...] I don't understand exactly why a lot of people can't ever stop texting.
I think that society in general got used to chatting online, and Texting is just the extension of that... Chatting from anywhere using your phone. (Thinking back at the origins of Cellphones, not our 3G networks and broswers/apps)
PSVita Model PCH-1001 (OFW 2.61);
PS3 Model CECH-2101B (OFW 4.46);
PSP Go (OFW 6.60)
PSP Model PSP-2001 (God of War Edition)(CFW 6.60 PRO-B10);
PSP Model PSP-1001b (CFW 4.01-m33 + Kernel Plugin);
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

SsJVasto wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:[...] I don't understand exactly why a lot of people can't ever stop texting.
I think that society in general got used to chatting online, and Texting is just the extension of that... Chatting from anywhere using your phone. (Thinking back at the origins of Cellphones, not our 3G networks and broswers/apps)
It produces Dopamine. Its the same reason people keep checking their emails, facebooks, and the unread posts button.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

SsJVasto wrote:
True.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

google glass is cancer.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3