Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Can Modded Xbox 360's run games off the harddrive or no?

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Discuss (Official) Games for your favorite platforms
jayfelice

Can Modded Xbox 360's run games off the harddrive or no?

Post by jayfelice »

I don't know, prob dumb if I go back to 360 after having a modded ps3 that works great. I was thinking about trading my ps3 500gb cfw for a modded 360 but 360's have all types of problems don't they? I've owned two xbox 360's in the past and both died red ring of death. Also, ps3 is getting some good exclusives like Beyond Two. Would it be dumb to trade a cfw ps3 for a modded 360? What do you think? Especially since I bring the risk of getting another Modded 360 that someone knows is going bad and will end up **** me on the trade.

Which Console has better exclusives? Also, what would I do with the blu-ray movies I own if I traded? I mean xbox 360 doesn't have blu-ray support does it or do some modded 360's have the bluray support? I wonder, what is the scene for 360's modded scene? Is it *** compared to ps3's scene? Are Ps3's the better console for hacking now adays?
Advertising
jayfelice

Re: Can Modded Xbox 360's run games off the harddrive or no?

Post by jayfelice »

So, I made my mind up and decided not to trade for a 360. I don't know the 360's are garbage and made very poorly and I doubt Microsoft fixed the problem yet but who knows. I don't trust those overheating Machines. I had two fail on me, even tho I was interested in playing some 360 exclusives but I think I should be looking forward to Beyond Two Souls because that game might *** on every single game released for either Console right now. Plus I own 3 bluray movies, and I don't know what I'd do with them. I mean my computer reads blu-ray movies but I don't really watch my bluray movies on my computer. I usually play em on my ps3. :lol:
Advertising

Post by 950931 »

Mainly the older models get the rrod xenon,Zephyr,Opus,Falcon. Newer models like Jasper,Trinity(Slim), Corona(Slim) dont get red ring. Ive had my Xbox 360 (Falcon motherboard) since 1/17/09 and never had rrod only disc drive issues. To play games off the hdd you need to rgh the xbox 360 or get an xkey.
jayfelice

Post by jayfelice »

950931 wrote:Mainly the older models get the rrod xenon,Zephyr,Opus,Falcon. Newer models like Jasper,Trinity(Slim), Corona(Slim) dont get red ring. Ive had my Xbox 360 (Falcon motherboard) since 1/17/09 and never had rrod only disc drive issues. To play games off the hdd you need to rgh the xbox 360 or get an xkey.
Do you have a CFW ps3 and Modded 360? Which one do you think is better? I'm thinking ps3 because it's a blu-ray player and it is going to have a cool exclusive soon in Beyond Two Souls. Now, I hope Beyond Two Souls is more of an action/adventure type game and not too much like Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain had great Graphics but I personally was not a fan of the controls on it. The Controls reminded me of an entire game that was sort of like Shenmue but I don't like that feeling. Now if Beyond Souls has some of those I won't mind, kind of like how Shenmue had fighting scenes but sometimes in some sequences you have to press buttons to get things to work. Just don't over do it like Heavy Rain did.
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

- moved to /Other Platforms/Games
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

problems from both systems is about the same
both are made very cheaply
old fat 360's are dieing out same as fat ps3's
"pb free solder by law" is killing them
the drives go out about the same in respective units(fat=fat. slim =slim)

360 has an option in the settings by Microsoft that will let you install a game to the hdd to relieve stress on the drive during gaming, you still have to have the game in the drive for it to load and randomly run security checks on the disk

as for a difference in hd-dvd and blueray.....theyre about the same, only dif is bd is capable of greater then 1080p and had more space,while hd-dvd ran smother(menu's ff&rewind) and loaded faster, and also was a separate drive from the systems internal unit reducing drive ware

so to the main topic, yes even an un-modded 360 can run a game off the hdd,system still needs to have the game disk for security checks
modded depends on the mod weather you need the game disk
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........

Return to “Games”