Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

HBL new exploit

Half Byte loader is an open source tool to load homebrews on all models of PSPs
Half Byte Loader can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl
ultimakillz
Retired Mod
Posts: 805
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: HBL new exploit

Post by ultimakillz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:59 am

for the purposes of the hen i really dont see why a vsh exploit is any better than a exploit found in a demo. you say the reason you released this is so tn doesnt have to "waste" a vsh exploit, so you "waste" a demo exploit? that doesnt make much sense to me.

as far as i know, some1 did find this exploit before jeerum. we've been discussing it for a few weeks now, and it sucks for him to put so much work into it just to have it released by someone else who obviously didnt put as much work into it as he did. i think the fact that some1 had already ported it to the hbl is proof that he had the exploit before jeerum :(

thanks some1 for all the work you put into this exploit....
Advertising

wololo
Site Admin
Posts: 3619
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 am
Location: Japan

Re: HBL new exploit

Post by wololo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:25 am

ultimakillz wrote: as far as i know, some1 did find this exploit before jeerum. we've been discussing it for a few weeks now, and it sucks for him to put so much work into it just to have it released by someone else who obviously didnt put as much work into it as he did. i think the fact that some1 had already ported it to the hbl is proof that he had the exploit before jeerum :(

thanks some1 for all the work you put into this exploit....
I agree, and for the record, Darxploit, minomushi, and Flyer also found that exploit before Jeerum, and were porting HBL to it as well, like Jeerum should have done instead of releasing a "sceKernelExitGame".

dang, I hate to be so *** off on weekends :evil:
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

AssasinRam
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:45 am
Location: HFIL

Re: HBL new exploit

Post by AssasinRam » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:49 am

Wololo wrote:
ultimakillz wrote: as far as i know, some1 did find this exploit before jeerum. we've been discussing it for a few weeks now, and it sucks for him to put so much work into it just to have it released by someone else who obviously didnt put as much work into it as he did. i think the fact that some1 had already ported it to the hbl is proof that he had the exploit before jeerum :(

thanks some1 for all the work you put into this exploit....
I agree, and for the record, Darxploit, minomushi, and Flyer also found that exploit before Jeerum, and were porting HBL to it as well, like Jeerum should have done instead of releasing a "sceKernelExitGame".

dang, I hate to be so *** off on weekends :evil:
That's true, we would be better off if it was complete and released after a new firmware :(
I have a -
PSP 3000

And I love-
HBL!
Why are you reading my signature? =)
Blog- http://ultimate-psp-hacks.blogspot.com/

Nitori
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:18 am

Re: HBL new exploit

Post by Nitori » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:22 am

Well, there's not too much we can do now, so let's look at it this way: There's one exploit now that works on all firmwares until a new one is released. So, as long as there's no syscall issues like there was with HSG1, we can pretty much ditch any other exploits.

User avatar
FrEdDy
HBL Collaborator
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:08 pm
Contact:

Re: HBL new exploit

Post by FrEdDy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:39 am

Wololo wrote:
ultimakillz wrote: as far as i know, some1 did find this exploit before jeerum. we've been discussing it for a few weeks now, and it sucks for him to put so much work into it just to have it released by someone else who obviously didnt put as much work into it as he did. i think the fact that some1 had already ported it to the hbl is proof that he had the exploit before jeerum :(

thanks some1 for all the work you put into this exploit....
I agree, and for the record, Darxploit, minomushi, and Flyer also found that exploit before Jeerum, and were porting HBL to it as well, like Jeerum should have done instead of releasing a "sceKernelExitGame".

dang, I hate to be so *** off on weekends :evil:
mamosuke wrote:
jeerum wrote:to be clear, vsh exploit releasing is wasting, i release this because total_noob can use it.
if somebody's have something to say, then where was you earlier?
Hacking must be fun, not some strategy and making money stuff.
Did you contact Total_Noob about it, jeerum?

Did you have any confirmation that he wanted some kind of demo exploit for HEN?

All you did is waisting our hope. Sukkiri exploit is going to be patched at the next firmware with TN HEN.
See jeerum?Maybe I'm not the only one who looks things from this point of view.
https://github.com/freddy-156
<@n00b81> FREDDY CUTTIES

jeerum
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: HBL new exploit

Post by jeerum » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:37 am

some1 find it before me ? lol
i was giving him hints, then he releasized he found one.
i was really upset if i heard that he sharing that info.
i have sorry for Flayer and other, because i was knowing, that thay have it.
Why i was asking from hbl makers - because, why i sould be? What have they give to me? It seems only one way trust, and i was thinking better not share my info anymore in private.
Ps2- PsP - Ps3 - PsVita - Ps4 - Ps4 pro

wololo
Site Admin
Posts: 3619
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 am
Location: Japan

Re: HBL new exploit

Post by wololo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:18 am

jeerum wrote: Why i was asking from hbl makers - because, why i sould be? What have they give to me? It seems only one way trust.
I think talking about "one way trust" when you just ruined the work of 5~10 other hackers by playing the rounin is a bit over the top.

This was your exploit (or at least you thought it was) and it was going to get stolen by lamers (who?), so your released a half-assed POC in a hurry to not get your credits stolen. I understand the feeling but I don't agree with your decision. You're still the bad guy in this story, not anybody else. And it was your choice.

As far as "HBL makers" are concerned, I don't know where this is coming from. Not only is our entire work open source, we are more than happy to help hackers porting their exploit to HBL, and we always give credit where credit is due. So, yeah, we're actually trusting not only you, but the entire world, with our work.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

jeerum
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: HBL new exploit

Post by jeerum » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:32 am

I stop arguing, because stuff going deeper and deeper. maybe i'm bad guy, but not for everyone.
Ps2- PsP - Ps3 - PsVita - Ps4 - Ps4 pro

TiPi
Retired Mod
Posts: 740
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:32 am
Contact:

Re: HBL new exploit

Post by TiPi » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:50 am

dang it guys. It happened, end of the story. There's nothing we can do to stop Sony from patching it. Maybe we should stop arguing, cause it doesn't really benefit the scene.
Only thing left to do is to look after other decent exploits, and maybe change the strategy and people involved the next time. :|
Problems or questions? Feel free to contact me.
-My Blog-

wololo
Site Admin
Posts: 3619
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 am
Location: Japan

Re: HBL new exploit

Post by wololo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:54 am

Fair enough. What's done is done
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

Locked

Return to “Half Byte Loader”