Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Unbricking through the HBL

Half Byte loader is an open source tool to load homebrews on all models of PSPs
Half Byte Loader can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl
Dimikey

Unbricking through the HBL

Post by Dimikey »

Hello everyone :)

I have almost the same problem as that guy viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4898 . But there are some differences. I stupidly replaced my topmenu_plugin.rco in the flash0 with another one, that can't be run on my PSP 3008. So, i can't access the XMB menu, but can load UMDs(that have firmware 5.03 and below). But the main difference is that i've got an Everybody's Gold UMD and HBL runs fine on it. My psp has 5.03 OFW installed.I tried to solve my problem by inserting an UMD with higher firmware (GTA: CW), but it doesn't work for me (psp just loads the XMB and crashes as if there's no UMD inserted).
If you need more details about the problem, ask me.

So, is there a way to bring my psp to life?

Hoping to get help from you, guys. :)
Advertising
toBsucht
VIP

Re: Unbricking through the HBL

Post by toBsucht »

pspfiler + hacker mode (look into test list not all ver. are working with all model; check 4 or 6 maybe 5 to ) ?!
or maybe a game with an upper fw on it not sure if the example (gta) just required upper fw.

Good luck!
Advertising
Dimikey

Post by Dimikey »

I already tried to replace the file via PSPFiler 4 and 5 (6 does'nt work). As i know, pspfiler requires kernel access to do something in flash0.

As for GTA, i'm sure it requires 6.00 ofw. But i don't know why my psp doesn't update to that ofw.

Anyway, thanks for helping :)
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

try loading the signed version of the chickhen exploit through hbl.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

If one of the topmenu rcos is missing, the XMB cant be loaded correctly so it will freeze.
Even when you can boot chickhen, or pspfiler, you dont have kernel access via psp filer via HBL and the chickhen will load the XMB -> freeze.
You just can unbrick the PSP, if you are able to load PSPFiler in kernel mode or if you can launch an updater/downgrader.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

can't you load a UMD that contains an update file so you can update? another user managed to do it that way.
The only other way is for you to use the kxploit to code an app that will copy an original rco file from ms0 to flash0
Dimikey

Post by Dimikey »

Thank you all for helping me.
can't you load a UMD that contains an update file so you can update? another user managed to do it that way.
Doesn't work for me :(

I realized that there are two ways to solve my problem: 1. writing a program that replaces the wrong file and 2. somehow launching a fw update (these both ways are difficult and unknown for me).

So, what can i do further?
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

As i know, pspfiler requires kernel access to do something in flash0.
that the hack mode
The Z wrote:If one of the topmenu rcos is missing, the XMB cant be loaded correctly so it will freeze. (but vsh works homebrews use vsh btw what does it mean vsh)
Even when you can boot chickhen, or pspfiler, you dont have kernel access via psp filer via HBL and the chickhen will load the XMB -> freeze. doesn´t it go back to hbl ):
:arrow:
You just can unbrick the PSP, if you are able to load PSPFiler in kernel mode or if you can launch an updater/downgrader.
what exploit you´re using everybody golf is a 6.31. You got one of the old demo umds ^^

Return to “Half Byte Loader”