Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

6.20 TN-D - The PSX Compatibility List

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
vmr

Re: 6.20 TN-D - The PSX Compatibility List

Post by vmr » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:36 am

papakias wrote:
vmr wrote:Can someone please explain how you are getting Bushido Blade 2 to work? I'm using 6.20 tn-d on a PSP3000, and I get a black screen after the first Sony logo... I also couldn't get LSD Dream Emulator to work, but chalked that up to not being on a PSP Go... Please, any help would be appreciated. I tried downloading from 3 different places and none of them work.
Thank you
I have ripped my own bushido blade 2 [NTSH-J] disc using magic iso for the image and popstation v 1.4 and works fine with my psp go.
Remember the image to be .bin i think its is better for popstation than .iso
Also i can tell 2 more games work for me , Crash Bandicoot 2 [NTSC-U} and Samurai Spirits Kenkyaku Shinan Pack [NTSC-J]
This may be a stupid question, but how do I get PSX2PSP 1.4.2 to work? I keep getting an error at the end of the conversion process saying "cannot find STARTDAT in NOT A VALID PSX EBOOT.PBP". I still get an eboot.pbp file but it is corrupt. I looked around on the internet but there's no real information i can find. It might have something to do with having a keys.bin file in the files folder of PSX2PSP (similarly to how you have to have a base.pbp file in there in order to extract isos from what i read), but I'm not sure. I tried putting a keys.bin file from one of my games in there and still got the same result. Any ideas? All help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Advertising

papakias

Post by papakias » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:25 am

vmr wrote:
papakias wrote:
vmr wrote:Can someone please explain how you are getting Bushido Blade 2 to work? I'm using 6.20 tn-d on a PSP3000, and I get a black screen after the first Sony logo... I also couldn't get LSD Dream Emulator to work, but chalked that up to not being on a PSP Go... Please, any help would be appreciated. I tried downloading from 3 different places and none of them work.
Thank you
I have ripped my own bushido blade 2 [NTSH-J] disc using magic iso for the image and popstation v 1.4 and works fine with my psp go.
Remember the image to be .bin i think its is better for popstation than .iso
Also i can tell 2 more games work for me , Crash Bandicoot 2 [NTSC-U} and Samurai Spirits Kenkyaku Shinan Pack [NTSC-J]
This may be a stupid question, but how do I get PSX2PSP 1.4.2 to work? I keep getting an error at the end of the conversion process saying "cannot find STARTDAT in NOT A VALID PSX EBOOT.PBP". I still get an eboot.pbp file but it is corrupt. I looked around on the internet but there's no real information i can find. It might have something to do with having a keys.bin file in the files folder of PSX2PSP (similarly to how you have to have a base.pbp file in there in order to extract isos from what i read), but I'm not sure. I tried putting a keys.bin file from one of my games in there and still got the same result. Any ideas? All help will be appreciated. Thanks.
First, try to rip your own games.Use a tool like magic iso and convert the disc to an image file.At the end of the process you will have a file (.iso . .bin/.cue,.udf.img) choose to convert the game to .bin/.cue.
Then open psx2psp latest version,load .bin file in the input folder and the game id and save id fields will appear automatically then choose the output folder for your .pbp file and done
I suggest dont try to customize the .pbp file with your own pics cause the programm may crash.
Advertising
psp 1004 6.35 PRO B-4
psp N1004 6.20 TN_E

vmr

Post by vmr » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Unfortunately I'm abroad right now and my copy is back home so I can't actually rip it from the CD itself. However I did convert a bunch of PSX images from several different sources (both NTSC-U and NTSC-J) and I still get a black screen. Is there a way to change the driver or something when loading the eboot? Like how you could change the POPS in earlier versions, or how you can choose the m33 driver when loading PSP games?

Edit: Also, I realized that I have a PSP 3001, not a 3000. Do games that work on 3000 also work on 3001? I had the impression they were the same, but now I'm starting to wonder.

ChorizoConWebo

Post by ChorizoConWebo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 pm

K I need help, which tool/program do I use to rip my PSX games?
* PSP 3001(03G) w/ an 8GB Memory Stick & 6.20 PRO-C2 Permanent
* Laptop - Acer Aspire 5742z w/ Windows7/8 & Ubuntu
* PS4 (Think I got enough to buy one when it comes out X_X)

NickNitroTNT

Post by NickNitroTNT » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:41 pm

I got Gex Enter The Gecko working.

Image ripped with: ImgBurn

Converted with: PSX2PSP

I've played the first few levels and it plays fine so far.

ChorizoConWebo

Post by ChorizoConWebo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:56 pm

I got another question, how can I convert an EBOOt.PBP back to a BIN file so I can convert it with another program to see if it works.

Like this psx2psp -» EBOOT.PBP -> BIN File -> Popstation GUI 3.00 -> EBOOT.PBP, thank's for your help.
* PSP 3001(03G) w/ an 8GB Memory Stick & 6.20 PRO-C2 Permanent
* Laptop - Acer Aspire 5742z w/ Windows7/8 & Ubuntu
* PS4 (Think I got enough to buy one when it comes out X_X)

papakias

Post by papakias » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:44 pm

vmr wrote:Unfortunately I'm abroad right now and my copy is back home so I can't actually rip it from the CD itself. However I did convert a bunch of PSX images from several different sources (both NTSC-U and NTSC-J) and I still get a black screen. Is there a way to change the driver or something when loading the eboot? Like how you could change the POPS in earlier versions, or how you can choose the m33 driver when loading PSP games?

Edit: Also, I realized that I have a PSP 3001, not a 3000. Do games that work on 3000 also work on 3001? I had the impression they were the same, but now I'm starting to wonder.
How you know that the isos from the sources you mention are legit?The reason i have told you to use your own games is that you can create the image by your self.
When you download you actually use anothers image so you must test it before trying to convert it to .pbp
Use a psx emulator for that or you can use your own psone to test it (if it is modded).(Remember to use isos only for your original copies.)
Also try after the conversion to put the psx game in fast disc speed like resident evil 3,i think there are also plugins for better compatibility but i am not so sure.
3000 and 3001 is the same model.
psp 1004 6.35 PRO B-4
psp N1004 6.20 TN_E

Dunnow

Post by Dunnow » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:17 am

ChorizoConWebo wrote:I got another question, how can I convert an EBOOt.PBP back to a BIN file so I can convert it with another program to see if it works.

Like this psx2psp -» EBOOT.PBP -> BIN File -> Popstation GUI 3.00 -> EBOOT.PBP, thank's for your help.
don't you think that if psx2psp made a bad eboot, that eboot transformet to an iso/bin again won't be bad too? ... get the bin/iso again and make sure it's not modified by some *** to put his name inside, just get a clean rip and transform it to eboot with different programs until it works or not
PSP 3004 pb | 6.20 OFW | TN-E | aLoader v1.25 | Game Catergories 1.2b

NickNitroTNT

Post by NickNitroTNT » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:00 am

ChorizoConWebo wrote:K I need help, which tool/program do I use to rip my PSX games?
NickNitroTNT wrote:I got Gex Enter The Gecko working.

Image ripped with: ImgBurn

Converted with: PSX2PSP

I've played the first few levels and it plays fine so far.
Oh, actually I was saying that so that the person whose maintaining the compatibility list could add Gex Enter The Gecko, but if it was helpful...then... You're welcome :D

Also, I tested it on my psp 1001.

vmr

Post by vmr » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:34 pm

You can add Thousand Arms PSP3001; PSX2PSP 1.4.2 to the working list (you have to rip it yourself - I couldn't get any of the eboots i found online to work). Thanks to papakias for the help in figuring out what i was doing wrong.

On a side note, how do you make multidisc eboots that work? I'm running into the problem where the Save ID is different from the Game ID when you have more than one disc.

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”