Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Directional pad problems

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
Doo24

Directional pad problems

Post by Doo24 »

Hi there, I've got a PSP 1000 phat with 6.60 PRO-C custom firmware and when I run any homebrew or ISO's the controls mess up on the directional pad, for example when I try and play Tekken 6, when I try to choose a character the cursor will often move around on it's own or if I push one direction it will think I've pushed it several more times. It's like it has a mind of it's own! But when I'm using the normal PSP menu it has no issues navagating correctly. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Directional pad problems

Post by fate6 »

Sounds like the analog nub is messing up
If you don't need to use the nuby in a game than just disable it with macrofire
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Doo24

Post by Doo24 »

It isn't just the analgue stick/nub though, it's the actual d-pad also. When i push right it seems to think I've pressed right down right up! I have no such issues though when on the XMB. Is Macrofire a homebrew app or part of the custom firmware?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

its a plugin
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7559

If disabling the nuby does not solve it than maybe the contacts on the pad are dirty
you could try opening the PSP and giving it a good cleaning but just make sure the nu\by is centered before closing it back up
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Doo24

Post by Doo24 »

Thanks for the advice matey, it randomly seems to be behaving itself now
>forces<

Post by >forces< »

maybe is dirt or dust un the contacs somedays it behave and and somedays dont i had that trouble too i change the the analog nub case (psp 3000,go,E1000) because only in the 1000-2000 you can open the case of the nub an clean it
Spintires Mod Maker find thread at oovee forums
read
metro 2033 ✓
2034 ✓
2035 soon

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”