Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Help]Dragon Warrior (Quest) VII on PSPGo

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
AkiTsugi

[Help]Dragon Warrior (Quest) VII on PSPGo

Post by AkiTsugi »

Hello all, so I recently bought a PSPGo because my PSP1k is hitting the end of its line after buying it the first day it came out on the US.

After a lot of hassle I got Dragon Warrior VII to work with text on windows (AND SOUND) on my PSP1k, I used popsloader v4f and while my PSP is on Permanent ME1.8 I run PRO-C LCFW and then run popsloader and select POPS 3.71/2. This method does not work on ME1.8 natively, I do not know why.

However on my PSPGo (LME 1.8 AND PRO-C), only version of pops I can load to work with text is 3.52 as 3.71/2 doesn't work. 3.52 has no sound but has text. Versions 6.20+ have sound but no text.
I'm pretty sure that might be fixed by running 3.71/2 or some other one. (Edit: through 4.01)

What I've tried:
[*]Changing between LME and PRO LCFW. No difference was made for most versions of popsloader.
[*]Making my own EBOOTS, tons of them there was no difference what so ever about windows or sounds, only difference is with no compression game wouldn't run properly on any POPS ver. It had to be a certain conpression. I tried many diff ISO images, to make my own EBOOTs, noticed theres 2 IDs (looking at gamefaqs) Had my hand on both but same problem.
[*]Using v4b - v4g to run 3.71/2POPS, F and G run 3.52 fine but with no sound. Also works, with 6.2+
[*]Using the original V3 of popsloader on LME or PRO-C10 to load 3.71/2 and 3.52. (On LME it just loads original from Flash without popsbridge, with popsbridge I get no sound on 3.52 - 3.71/2 doesn't work) 6.2+ works fine with audio but no texts.
[*]So far on my PSPGO 05g never gotten 3.71/3.72 to run at all, it fake runs it on ME, but pretty sure its original from Flash.

Anyone got a story about how they got theirs to work? 3.52 DOES have sound with a headset if you plugin after the game has launched, please don't respond with just play it on the PSP1000 because its basically dead, to make it live its more of a bother than anything else I've been doing to get this to work on my PSPGo. I'm really trying to get this to work, before I give up and just go play on a headset.
Advertising
Last edited by AkiTsugi on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
AkiTsugi

Re: [Help]Dragon Warrior (Quest) VII on PSPGo

Post by AkiTsugi »

I probably would've given up if I hadn't gotten it to work on my 1000 with 3.71/2 instead of 3.52. If in fact 3.71 - did not work at all it wouldnt be a problem. I know the sound issue is with the Go, so I can easily play the PSP1k on 3.52.

As such on PSP1k, 6.60 crashes the game. 6.20 loads the game with no text - just like on the GO. Of course my PSP1k can load 3.71, 4.01, and 5.03 (didn't test others but should all work fine - at 5.00 the text stops showing up) So if I were to assume, 3.71 - 4.01 if it would work on PSPGo would have sound.

I've obviously tried copying the exact files from my PSP1000 to my Go, same popsloader and same modules, but no cigar. I get many different errors through trial and error, by mismatching files between diff popsloader versions. Mostly DADADADA error.

I'd like to point out I did most of my tests in PRO-C because thats what works on my PSP, so some things I tried on PRO-C I might not have tried on LME.
Advertising
stevealexanderames

Post by stevealexanderames »

sadly, i think you can only play the game with earset because those pops (from 3.71 to 6.00) ain't working at all on Go, read here (i think that the "faked" pops thing is actually a bug of the popsloader and not ME)
PSP 3004 3G 6.20 LME / PRO(MOD)-C
mrmcshagbag

Post by mrmcshagbag »

Im having the same problem with that game except im on a psp 3001 3g using v3 official popsloader and the only pops i can get the game to run on is 6.20-6.60 all of the one before that exit me out of game saying it cant be started with this error code (80020001) so idk what im doing wrong ive tried the pops you say work like 3.52 and 3.71-2 but they wont work for me any help on getting those to work for me like they do for you?
PSP - 1001 6.60 ME 1.5----TA-082v3 01g====Fave for my fully hackable :D
PSP - 3001 6.20 PRO B10 fix (Perm) ----TA-090v2 03g====Perfect :P
mrmcshagbag

Post by mrmcshagbag »

I figured it out i got the latest popsloader installed v4g and used pops 4.01 and text works and sound everything is perfect! :D i hope it'll work for you.
PSP - 1001 6.60 ME 1.5----TA-082v3 01g====Fave for my fully hackable :D
PSP - 3001 6.20 PRO B10 fix (Perm) ----TA-090v2 03g====Perfect :P
hawkeyes123

Post by hawkeyes123 »

has anyone figured out how to make the game stop locking up while using certain attacks(gabo's howl/bite seems to do this randomly,vacuslash as well)

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”