Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
User avatar
zorrodood
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Post by zorrodood » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 am

bsanehi wrote: emm make sure you doable click on usbhostfs_pc once only or you can just right click on usbhostfs_pc and click Open.
that's exactly what i did^^. it tried and failed to install a PSP Type B driver at first. then i manuelly downloaded and installed it and now my PSP freezes after i select an iso.
seems like i'm incompatible with this xD though it sounds very useful.
Advertising

User avatar
bsanehi
VIP
Posts: 389
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:07 am
Contact:

Re: How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Post by bsanehi » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:58 am

zorrodood wrote:
bsanehi wrote: emm make sure you doable click on usbhostfs_pc once only or you can just right click on usbhostfs_pc and click Open.
that's exactly what i did^^. it tried and failed to install a PSP Type B driver at first. then i manuelly downloaded and installed it and now my PSP freezes after i select an iso.
seems like i'm incompatible with this xD though it sounds very useful.

Install PSPdisp and it will install all the needed drivers....

Download

I put it in the readme:

PSPdisp is very good at installing PSP drivers.
Advertising

User avatar
Casavult
Moderator
Posts: 2333
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:22 pm
Location: UK and Middle East

Re: How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Post by Casavult » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:01 am

I guess you're right, bsanehi. It loaded up all 4 of my game rips from 2007, 2008 and 2009. Shame it doesn't load newer games...
• PS4 1K 2TB OFW • PS3 3K 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim (2103-B) 500GB 4.82 Rebug • PS3 Slim (2003-B) 250GB 4.81 Habib •
• PSV 1K 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2K (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • 1x PSP 2K (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •

User avatar
bsanehi
VIP
Posts: 389
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:07 am
Contact:

Re: How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Post by bsanehi » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:05 am

Casavult wrote:I guess you're right, bsanehi. It loaded up all 4 of my game rips from 2007, 2008 and 2009. Shame it doesn't load newer games...
Yeah ^^

Someone needs to code a new USB_ISO_Loader that supports newer games :)

User avatar
Casavult
Moderator
Posts: 2333
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:22 pm
Location: UK and Middle East

Re: How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Post by Casavult » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:22 am

bsanehi wrote:
Casavult wrote:I guess you're right, bsanehi. It loaded up all 4 of my game rips from 2007, 2008 and 2009. Shame it doesn't load newer games...
Yeah ^^

Someone needs to code a new USB_ISO_Loader that supports newer games :)
That would be great! It'll be good for playing AdHoc against my brother or friends if one of us doesn't have the game, so one could use the UMD and other could use USB ISO Loader with a dump of the game. :)
• PS4 1K 2TB OFW • PS3 3K 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim (2103-B) 500GB 4.82 Rebug • PS3 Slim (2003-B) 250GB 4.81 Habib •
• PSV 1K 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2K (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • 1x PSP 2K (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •

User avatar
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod
Posts: 3787
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:44 am
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Contact:

Re: How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Post by Disturbed0ne » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Casavult wrote:
bsanehi wrote:
Casavult wrote:I guess you're right, bsanehi. It loaded up all 4 of my game rips from 2007, 2008 and 2009. Shame it doesn't load newer games...
Yeah ^^

Someone needs to code a new USB_ISO_Loader that supports newer games :)
That would be great! It'll be good for playing AdHoc against my brother or friends if one of us doesn't have the game, so one could use the UMD and other could use USB ISO Loader with a dump of the game. :)
You could also try the "Game Sharing" option at the top of the Game menu in the XMB, I've used that with a few UMD's that I own. (The one that I really remember using "Game Sharing" with was Namco Museum Battle Collection to play Dig Dug against my niece while sitting in the waiting room of doctor's offices. :lol: )
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!

User avatar
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7594
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [fate6@Canterlot ~]$

Re: How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Post by fate6 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Disturbed0ne wrote: You could also try the "Game Sharing" option at the top of the Game menu in the XMB, I've used that with a few UMD's that I own. (The one that I really remember using "Game Sharing" with was Namco Museum Battle Collection to play Dig Dug against my niece while sitting in the waiting room of doctor's offices. :lol: )

I'll just leave this ===> Here
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

User avatar
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod
Posts: 3787
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:44 am
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Contact:

Re: How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Post by Disturbed0ne » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:12 pm

fate6 wrote:
Disturbed0ne wrote: You could also try the "Game Sharing" option at the top of the Game menu in the XMB, I've used that with a few UMD's that I own. (The one that I really remember using "Game Sharing" with was Namco Museum Battle Collection to play Dig Dug against my niece while sitting in the waiting room of doctor's offices. :lol: )

I'll just leave this ===> Here
That's a decent sized list of games that use the "Game Sharing" feature of the PSP. I never said every game used it. ;)

Edit : I own most of those games on that list. :lol: (The US versions)
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!

User avatar
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7594
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [fate6@Canterlot ~]$

Re: How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Post by fate6 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:17 pm

I know I was just posting it as a reference in case someone wanted to use gameshare :3
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

User avatar
StepS
Moderator
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:32 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: How To Run PSP Games Stored On Your PC Via USB Cable

Post by StepS » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:53 pm

I'd like to mention that Prometheus Iso Loader also has the feature of loading by USB, built-in. ;)
Image

Post Reply

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”