Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Can't dump Vice City Stories to an ISO (CFW 620 PRO-B10)

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
Maxaxle

Can't dump Vice City Stories to an ISO (CFW 620 PRO-B10)

Post by Maxaxle »

Although I have been able to dump every single other PSP game I own, Vice City Stories always comes up with an error when I try to dump it. I've tried the method where you set the USB device to the UMD drive, and I've also tried the TempAR UMD Dumper. It's probably worth noting that VCS is the only game I have with a *clear* plastic case as opposed to a white plastic case, and may be an older/newer version of the UMD than the version that is copy-able.

In this case, I'd think that trading in my current UMD for an older white-cased version would be the best solution, but is there a way to bypass the copy protection? It's not like I can pop a UMD into my DVD/CD drive!
Advertising
Silver PSP-2001 (TA-085 v2) PRO-B10 CFW 6.20
If you're going to stick with an OFW, stick with 6.20.

P.S. My avatar is a picture of my dog, scaled down.
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Re: Can't dump Vice City Stories to an ISO (CFW 620 PRO-B10)

Post by Disturbed0ne »

Have you tried Neur0n's UMD dumper? That one's always worked for me and I have some pretty old UMD's.

[Also, this belongs in the ISO/PSX sub forum]
Advertising
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

Disturbed0ne wrote:Have you tried Neur0n's UMD dumper? That one's always worked for me and I have some pretty old UMD's.

[Also, this belongs in the ISO/PSX sub forum]
This is exactly what happened earlier. Copy protection, I think.

Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

I've only ever run into something like that with my PSN DD copy of Need for Speed Underground Rivals... I can't remember exactly what I used to eventually dump it though. :?

Try this dumper, it's Neur0n's modified version of Takka's UMD Dumper - UMD Dump Kai v2 (Link taken from bsanehi's PSP® Plugins For Modified System Software [6.XX] thread)

Hope it works for you, otherwise I'm out of ideas. :|
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
tellko

Post by tellko »

Maxaxle wrote:Although I have been able to dump every single other PSP game I own, Vice City Stories always comes up with an error when I try to dump it. I've tried the method where you set the USB device to the UMD drive, and I've also tried the TempAR UMD Dumper. It's probably worth noting that VCS is the only game I have with a *clear* plastic case as opposed to a white plastic case, and may be an older/newer version of the UMD than the version that is copy-able.

In this case, I'd think that trading in my current UMD for an older white-cased version would be the best solution, but is there a way to bypass the copy protection? It's not like I can pop a UMD into my DVD/CD drive!
i dumped my VCS umd like a year ago and i used psp-filer 6.6 (works great to this day)
maybe you should return it and get the one with "white" plastic case
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

tellko wrote: maybe you should return it and get the one with "white" plastic case
Yeah, that seems like the most likely option...

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”