Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

popsloader error code 80010002

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

popsloader error code 80010002

Post by jc_gargma »

On my PSPgo running 6.20 Pro-B10f, I have been unable to get popsloader to function.
I've attempted using both v3 and v4f, but after selecting a pops module (tried using every one from 3.02-6.39 on both v3 and v4f,) it always returns to the XMB with the message "The game could not be started (80010002)"
If anyone can provide some advice or a workaround on this, I'd appreciate it.
Advertising
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Re: popsloader error code 80010002

Post by Disturbed0ne »

On the PSP error code list it says "80010002 - Putting the POPS EBOOT in the wrong folder | Also may be a corrupt ISO".

Do you get this error for a specific game or for every game you try?

PS. I'm using 6.20PRO-B10f and I haven't had a problem running any PS1 game I have, I've only really been playing my personal converted FF games since I upgraded though. (FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX and FFT)
Advertising
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

All of my PSX games "work" if I simply let them run and do not hold R to choose a pops (though many to do not allow me to play, like, they hang, freeze, or crash.)
But every game, even ones that fully work kick me back to XMB when using popsloader, even when choosing pops 6.20 or load from flash, the same one that I am be using when not choosing a pops version.
Is there a proper formatting for the PSX title folder (such as XXXX-##### or XXXX##### ?)

SideNote: Can you provide a link to this error code list?
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

:shock: That is very strange. The only thing that I can think would be the cause is a corrupted file somewhere in your LCFW, have you tried uninstalling it and the re-installing it fresh?

If you like I can upload the files from my PSP (fully working PRO-B10f with POPS) so you can test if it's just a bad download.

I've also attached the PSP error code list that I have on my HDD (I forget where I actually got it from but it's legit)
PSP Error code list.rar
Assorted PSP/PSP POPS error codes
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
(I had to .rar it because apparently you can't upload .txt documents as attachments on this site o_O )
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

Disturbed0ne wrote: :shock: That is very strange. The only thing that I can think would be the cause is a corrupted file somewhere in your LCFW, have you tried uninstalling it and the re-installing it fresh?
For Pro, yes, as I jumped from Pro-B9, Pro-B10f, TN-E-2, and TN-Xtended back and forth a number of times since I initially ran popsloader. There was never any change in its functionality. This error is reproducible 100% of the time.
For popsloader, I spent an entire afternoon with every needed OFW updater file, my PSPgo-USB cable, and psar dumper, which is something I'd not care to ever do again. The psardumper I had was unable to decrypt 6.60. (Finding a proper psardumper version proved very difficult, as there are no version numbers to distinguish different releases of psardumper.)
Disturbed0ne wrote:If you like I can upload the files from my PSP (fully working PRO-B10f with POPS) so you can test if it's just a bad download.
If it sounds like my OFW updaters files or psardumper weren't good, sure, why not? May as well try.
Disturbed0ne wrote:I've also attached the PSP error code list that I have on my HDD (I forget where I actually got it from but it's legit)
Thankies.
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

This version of PSARDumper should be the one for 6.60. (It's the latest one that I have)

Hope it helps you.
newpsardump-660.zip
PSARDump 6.60
(130.38 KiB) Downloaded 625 times

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”