Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

DS3REMAPPER v1.2 (use right analog of DS3 for PSP games)

Plugins for PSPs running on 6.XX
reprep

DS3REMAPPER v1.2 (use right analog of DS3 for PSP games)

Post by reprep »

Latest version (1.2)
for 6.20 http://s6.dosya.tc/server8/gr47ud/DS3Re ... _.zip.html
for 6.60 https://www.datafilehost.com/d/d8b7cba6
Changelog:
version 1.2
Fixed the issue where pressing L3 or R3 changed the remapping instead of pressing both L3 + R3 at the same time.
Auto-detection of Dualshock 3 is finally added. Plugin will auto-detect if a DS3 is connected and won't be activated otherwise. No more manually disabling the plugin when DS3 isn't connected.

Hi there,
DS3remapper is a plugin to remap the buttons of Dualshock 3 paired to a PSP GO. It is especially useful to map the right analog stick so you can have fun playing your psp games via two analog sticks. You can map face buttons, d-pad or shoulder buttons to right analog. When you boot the game, the right analog stick will be mapped to face buttons, if you press R3 + L3 it will cycle between face buttons, d-pad and left-right triggers. Have fun and report back please.

Thanks to @qwikrazor87's fix, now the DS3REMAPPER has much better compatibility than before that is why i am making a new thread about it. This version is different from suloku's DS3REMAPPER viewtopic.php?f=28&t=39588, it doesn't read the .ini file, remaps are pre-made. The plus side is this version should be more compatible with japanese games.

Base code belongs to Total_Noob, fix for japanese games has been suggested by me, actual fix code was written by qwikrazor87. Used definitions from suloku's code. Other stuff (DS3 detection, button remappings, rotation between remappings etc.) is coded by me.

This is mainly posted for testing purposes, please test different games and report back here. Source code will be released if anyone is interested. Have fun.
Advertising
Last edited by reprep on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ali_ihsan21

Re: DS3REMAPPER v1.00 (use right analog of DS3 for PSP games

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

I tested latest version (and former three prx too) on LME 2.3 it's working perfectly thank you reprep.
Advertising
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
tmd02

Post by tmd02 »

I finally got the old version working special thanks to Ali above, now a new one has released? How does this work without the .ini file?

Also a command in the old 3.0 version about mirroring the analogue sticks to be the same doesn't seem to work, is there any chance to get both analogue sticks to act like one analogue stick at the same time?

Like have the left analogue stick active, and right analogue stick to copy left analogue? I'm trying to make the perfect GTA Vice City Stories control scheme with free aim.
suloku

Post by suloku »

I'm glad there's a more compatible option out.
I intended to improve the plugin by looking at how other remapper plugin (not ds3 compatible) were doing the remap, but I started lacking the time and interest, even though a tab to the thread has been open in my browser as remainder for 3 years!
I didn't even get to use my own plugin outside of testing, which is probably the major reason I kept posponing any research for improving it.
reprep

Post by reprep »

suloku wrote:I'm glad there's a more compatible option out.
I intended to improve the plugin by looking at how other remapper plugin (not ds3 compatible) were doing the remap, but I started lacking the time and interest, even though a tab to the thread has been open in my browser as remainder for 3 years!
I didn't even get to use my own plugin outside of testing, which is probably the major reason I kept posponing any research for improving it.
just PM'ed you the messy source code, hope you can improve it to your taste.
tmd02 wrote:I finally got the old version working special thanks to Ali above, now a new one has released? How does this work without the .ini file?

Also a command in the old 3.0 version about mirroring the analogue sticks to be the same doesn't seem to work, is there any chance to get both analogue sticks to act like one analogue stick at the same time?

Like have the left analogue stick active, and right analogue stick to copy left analogue? I'm trying to make the perfect GTA Vice City Stories control scheme with free aim.
This is mainly for testing with game compatibility for now, please report any non-working games, remap options can be extended. To try get the latest version the one in the bottom part of the first post, enable it as a GAME plugin, shuffle through the remapping options in game via pressing R3 L3 at the same time. First option remaps the right analog to face buttons, second option to d-pad, third option to L-R trigger buttons. I am pretty sure Ali can help you if you are stuck. I plan to add mirror left analog option too.
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

So back again.

Will test that plugin.
The internet is a bottomless barrel of sh*t, we try to fill it, everyday. But we fail, because its bottomless.
reprep

Post by reprep »

I need testing with this version. https://www.datafilehost.com/d/4c8688d1

What it does is, it only enables the plugin when dualshock 3 is active. So, if ds3 is connected, ds3 will gain the control with remappings enabled (you can change remappings via pressing R3 and L3 at the same time), if ds3 isn't connected, psp pad will work as normal.

Please report back the results. Testing version is only for 6.60.
pureunmei

Re: DS3REMAPPER v1.2 (use right analog of DS3 for PSP games)

Post by pureunmei »

Medal of Honor Heros - not working, as of now
will update if more games don't work.
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

pureunmei wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:36 am Medal of Honor Heros - not working, as of now
will update if more games don't work.

After reading your post I checked this plugin with Medal of Honor Heroes, its working perfectly fine with right analog.
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
ragnarr

Post by ragnarr »

Hello, I'm pretty new to the psp modding scene and I'm a little confused about how to make this work. I put it in a folder called "DS3Remapper" in the seplugins and nothing is happening. Is there something else I need to do?

Return to “Plugins”