Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

CXMB universal: 3.71 - 6.61 Classic & 6.61 Infinity

Plugins for PSPs running on 6.XX
ErikPshat

Post by ErikPshat »

Changelog: small fix
  • Added support for firmware Classic and Infinity together.
  • Added compatibility Themes 6.35, 6.37, 6.38, 6.39, since they are based on a single core.
    That is, Theme 6.35 should work on 6.39 and vice versa, or any other compatible firmware.
    (see file syspatch.c - addressing getFindDriverAddr and getSysconfOffset)
  • Removed association mistake compatibility Themes 6.38-6.39 and 6.60-6.61, as they are not physically compatible by addressing.
  • Added compatibility Themes 6.60 and 6.61 as based on a single core.
    That is, it is not necessary to convert Themes 6.60 to 6.61, and so they have to work at 6.61 Classic or Infinity.
    (see file syspatch.c - addressing sceIOFileManager and getSysconfOffset).
  • In syspatch.c missing addressing getFindDriverAddr for fw 5.50. Found and added.
CXMB tested on: 3.71 М33-4 | 5.00 М33-6 | 5.50 GEN-D3 | 6.60 PROMOD & LME | 6.61 PROMOD & LME | 6.61 INFINITY PROMOD & LME

Keep in mind that:
  • CXMB plugin - works on all custom firmwares 3.71 - 6.61 + Infinity.
  • CTF Themes - works only on the firmware, which the files it contains inside, with a few caveats:
    • Themes 5.00, 5.02, 5.03 - compatible with each other, since based on a single core.
    • Themes 6.35, 6.37, 6.38, 6.39 - compatible with each other, since based on a single core.
    • Themes 6.60, 6.61 - compatible with each other, since based on a single core.
===============================================================================

Installation:
  1. Copy folder "cxmb" to your "seplugins" folder, and add this line to your vsh.txt file ( make it the first line )

Code: Select all

ms0:/seplugins/cxmb/cxmb.prx 1
    or internal memory PSP go

Code: Select all

ef0:/seplugins/cxmb/cxmb.prx 1
  2. Copy CTF theme, making for your firmware to ms0:/PSP/THEME
  3. Press SELECT and choose "Restart VSH" to activate plugin.
  4. Then go to the "Settings => Theme Settings => Theme" and activate the theme.
  5. Rejoice
Note! You will need to Convert your current themes to 6.61?
Note! If theme CTF is displayed in the theme settings as corrupted data
In testing, I came across a Theme is, under the name Original_Sony_Theme_660.ctf. But for some reason, on firmware 6.60 and 6.61, the theme appear in the theme settings as corrupted data. Then, I looked at the version of the theme, but there was a 6.39 version!

Apparently, someone took the files from the 6.60 firmware and to change the files in the folder CTFtoolGUI_v5_Beta_2\base\639, and then Convert a Theme under 6.39 :mrgreen:. Therefore, if you are the Theme for 6.60/6.61 appear in the theme settings as corrupted data, check and correct version of the theme, if you are sure that the theme has been converted for your compatible firmware. Use the hex editor, such as free HxD - Freeware Hex Editor
Credits and special thanks to:
poison, patpat, neur0n, frostegater, leecherman , Yoti
Advertising
Attachments
cxmb_mod_371-661_classic-&-infinity.zip
(43.98 KiB) Downloaded 62917 times
Last edited by ErikPshat on Mon May 16, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 8 times in total.
naki-the-curious

Re: CXMB universal: 3.71 - 6.61 Classic & 6.61 Infinity

Post by naki-the-curious »

This was the only reason I didn't update to infinity, because I couldn't be bothered updating my themes from 6.60. I guess I have no excuse now, Thanks man! :D
Advertising
my stuff
  • PSP 3000 White (03g) - Dual Boot (6.60 Pro-C2 and LME 1.8)
  • PSP 2000 Simpsons Ed. - 6.60 ME 1.8
  • PS Vita Cosmic Red - FW3.01
  • Sony Vaio E-Series Laptop White
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 International (Rooted)
krecik002

Post by krecik002 »

Hi, someone can make tutorial about " How convert themes to 6.61" ?
I can't found anyone.
ErikPshat

Post by ErikPshat »

krecik002 wrote:Hi, someone can make tutorial about " How convert themes to 6.61" ?
I can't found anyone.
Read carefully the first post. If done correctly, it will normally converted CTF themes. You must first extract the CTF theme by simply clicking on it or right-click, select "CTFtool Menu" or through GUI CTFtool on "Extract" button. Then you pick a theme for "Create" button, select the firmware 6.61.
ErikPshat wrote: Note:
You will need to Convert your current themes to 6.61. Wait a bit...
Soon a new version "CTFtool GUI v5 Beta 3" for 660/661 will be released.
Last edited by ErikPshat on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odanaids

Post by odanaids »

Ive been trying different 6.61 cxmb for over a hr ( still not working) im currently using lme 2.3 installed with infinity.. the only plugin i can see is popsloader . ive been following the steps to the tee so make no sense cxmb folder in seplugins vhs.txt is pointing to correct directory still nothing?
odanaids

Post by odanaids »

Spent over a hr Trying different cxmb, and still no results i am currently on lme infinity.
i place the files in the correct location with the VHS pointing in the right directory but nothing. only plugins installed are popsloader ????
ErikPshat

Post by ErikPshat »

odanaids wrote:vhs.txt
vhs.txt or vsh.txt?

Read carefully the installation instructions in the first post of the topic.
CXMB plugin must be registered in the first place.
Compress the folder seplugins and upload somewhere. I'll see...
Skimbo

Post by Skimbo »

There has to be some sort of fix. I can't load any CTF at all unless I also manually change the name of /PSP/GAME from Default to the CTF I wish to use. I installed this new CXMB but it doesn't work either. I was wondering if I should try using the CTF Tool on a few of the 6.61 themes and see what happens.
Concerned that if the themes don't work on infinity than what else may not.
I'm no programmer and don't pretend to be but could some sort of a "Batch" file be made so that every time you selected a new theme it would change the /PSP/GAME/default.ctf" file to the name of the new CTF and save it?

Just a thought as I would find it hard to place all of the names of the themes in another location because I've noticed that not all of the themes pictured show their names. You would sort of have to count them to try and figure it out, wouldn't you? Is there any way to turn all of the theme names into "ansi" or "ascii" or whatever and copy them over to the "conf.ctf" file and then just put the /PSP/GAME/*.ctf in front of all of them? I did try and put a few different themes like this /PSP/GAME/Android.ctf and then underneath I put /PSP/GAME/Allure.ctf. It was weird as it created a hybrid of the two themes. The hybrid theme still worked perfect though.

Just some pretend programmer rambling here folks. lol I hope someone comes up with a fix for this.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

PSP/GAME? why are you putting them there? they go in PSP/THEME/
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
ErikPshat

Post by ErikPshat »

:roll:

Return to “Plugins”