Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Custom Home 1.3.7 MOD (pspstates fix+CPU speed control+Go)

Plugins for PSPs running on 6.XX
suloku

Custom Home 1.3.7 MOD (pspstates fix+CPU speed control+Go)

Post by suloku »

Based on Custom Home 1.3.4 by Abcang: http://abcang.net/psp

Hi, I've made a couple modifications to custom home, making it more useful. Tested on my psp 02g with 6.60ME 2.2. I just wanted to add a "change CPU speed" feature, but then I noticed some freeze problems when the program tried to supend the game's thread (mainly for pspstates) so I fixed it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p1hlf ... E1.3.7.zip

[·] 1.3.7 (update 2014/08/17 by suloku):
* Reverted memory stick access check to the direct hardware register function for memory stick only (seems better). For PSPGo's internal memory the other method is used.
* Patches pspstates so the shortcuts (L+UP, R+DOWN...) won't work. This had problems with the PSPGo when using the DualShock3 via bluetooth. Patch based on pspstates menu pict source code.

PSPGo users read this:
[spoiler]You must install custom home to ef0:/seplugins, that means the internal storage and NOT the memory stick.

Then you have to add ef0:/seplugins/cushome/cushome.prx to the GAME.TXT in the internal storage.

About PSPstates: with above's configuration, all states will be saved in the internal storage, even for games run from a memory stick.

About how plugins work in the PSPGo:

If a GAME.TXT is present in the memory stick (ms0:/seplugins/game.txt), it has priority over the one stored in the internal storage for games and aplications run from the memory stick and the GAME.TXT in the internal storage (ef0:/seplugins/game.txt) is ignored. The same applies to POPS.TXT, but custom home shouldn't be used with POPS.

My advice: keep the plugins in the internal storage.[/spoiler]

[·] 1.3.6 (update 2014/07/29 by suloku):
* Changed memory stick access check to support PSP Go's internal storage. Thanks to Omega2058 at wololo.net forums.
* Fixed: sometimes it hanged when Stopgame option was on.
* Built in Abcang's PSP Go's battery fix (only offers a battery percentage estimate, life time can't be known).
* Added PSPGo's usb ID. Flush memory stick and internal storage (PSPGo) when desconnecting usb.
* Corrected some typos.
* Bundled Abcang's background templates

Note: custom home pauses the game when using features such as pspstates menu or Stopgame option is on. Even with the memory access check, it is advised to not use it while a video is playing or there's heavy memory stick/internal memory access as the psp my hang. In general, the common rules applied to pspstates apply here. If for some reason the game hangs when opening custom home with StopGame option ON, before a full power of try suspending the PSP and powering on again, since this may unfreeze the system.

Note2: the paths seplugins/cushome, seplugins/lib and seplugins/SAVESTATE can't be changed for Custom Home to work.

[·] 1.3.5 (update 2014/07/23 by suloku):
* Changed threadcontrol to check for memory stick access before pausing the game's thread. Before this custom home hanged when entering several menus (pspstates...) or when "Stop Game" opton was enabled. Thanks to hiroi01's pspstates menu pict source code.
* L and R in main menu now change CPU/BUS speed.
* Moved pspstates to ms|ef0:/seplugins/cushome/pspstates_cushome.prx
* Moved pspstates savegame folder to ms|ef0:/seplugins/cushome/SAVESTATE/. Custom Home will create this folder if it doesn't exist (in the previous version if the folder didn't exist pspstates would fail to save when apparently all went right).

pspstates_kai_mod_umdid.prx by leecherman bundled for convenience. Exctracted from "pspstates menu pict mod v5 (update)".
Latest version of prx-common-libraries also included for convenience.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::
PSPSTATES WARNING
::::::::::::::::::::::::::
- If you change CUstomHome configuration and load a pspstates savestate, customhome will have the configuration it had when the save state was made.
- If you have different plugin configuration between savestates unexpected behavior can occur.
- Those two above are the main reason why I have moved pspstates for custom home to a different folder than the normal pspstates.prx.
- I recommend not to try loading savestates made with other versions of pspstates.

Old versions:
[spoiler]1.3.6: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vp7vi ... E1.3.6.zip
1.3.5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n2qc6 ... E1.3.5.zip[/spoiler]
Advertising
Last edited by suloku on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
naki-the-curious

Re: Custom Home 1.3.5 (pspstates fix + CPU speed control)

Post by naki-the-curious »

Good to see PSP plugins stil getting modifications/updates, however you should probably mention the original creator of the plugin. IIRC it was ABCanG, but you should probably check just in case.
Advertising
my stuff
  • PSP 3000 White (03g) - Dual Boot (6.60 Pro-C2 and LME 1.8)
  • PSP 2000 Simpsons Ed. - 6.60 ME 1.8
  • PS Vita Cosmic Red - FW3.01
  • Sony Vaio E-Series Laptop White
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 International (Rooted)
suloku

Re: Custom Home 1.3.6 (pspstates fix + CPU speed control)

Post by suloku »

Updated to support PSP Go. It should work better too in other models (for the StopGame function).

Also added link to Abcang's original 1.3.4 ;)
suloku

Re: Custom Home 1.3.7 MOD (pspstates fix + CPU speed control

Post by suloku »

Updated again, under PSPGo there were problems with pspstates and the dualshock controller via bluetooth.
ali_ihsan21

Re: Custom Home 1.3.7 MOD (pspstates fix + CPU speed control

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

suloku wrote:Updated again, under PSPGo there were problems with pspstates and the dualshock controller via bluetooth.
I put the plugin in internal storage pspstates was working properly with gamestates but it stopped after I installed this, it doesnt save or show former save slots I did with savestates. There are just empty slots.
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
suloku

Re: Custom Home 1.3.7 MOD (pspstates fix+CPU speed control+G

Post by suloku »

As the readme explains, custom home savestates are saved at /seplugins/cushome/saveatates. This is done not because of incompatibility, but because when you load a pspstates savestate the plugins that were running at that time will also be loaded. Basically if you load one of your old savestates you'll loose customhome (or any other plugin that has been changed ever since).

Pspstates and changing plugin configuration is a bad idea. My advise is to use the other pspstates you were uaing until you can save your game normally, then switch to customhome if you want to use it as your pspstates.
KennyWongYL

Post by KennyWongYL »

Couldn't find any youtube about this mod. Can make one of this mod in youtube and show its features?
[spoiler]PS3 SLIM 1TB Rebug 4.80.1
PS2 FAT 400GB HDD
PSP 2K TA-085¹ 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP 3K TA-092 6.20 LME-2.3∞
PSP Go TA-091 6.20 LME-2.3∞
PSTV 3.60 Enso & Adrenaline 6.0-FIX
PSV 1K 3.60 Enso & Adrenaline 6.0-FIX
XBOX 360 E
Nintendo Wii
O3DS XL
O3DS[/spoiler]
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

suloku wrote:As the readme explains, custom home savestates are saved at /seplugins/cushome/saveatates. This is done not because of incompatibility, but because when you load a pspstates savestate the plugins that were running at that time will also be loaded. Basically if you load one of your old savestates you'll loose customhome (or any other plugin that has been changed ever since).

Pspstates and changing plugin configuration is a bad idea. My advise is to use the other pspstates you were uaing until you can save your game normally, then switch to customhome if you want to use it as your pspstates.
thanks a lot now pspstates working properly under customhome. Now I wonder if I can delete pspstates files under seplugins does customhome need these files or not ? I dont want to keep them if they're useless there are already a lot of plugins in time I'll confuse what belongs to where :?

edit I delete all pspstates files and savefolder everything working with custom home
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
suloku

Post by suloku »

All custom home related files, including pspstates and savestates are at "device:/seplugins/cushome/". This path can't be changed. Also, cushome needs the libraries at "device:/seplugins/lib/". This path also can't be changed.
KennyWongYL wrote:Couldn't find any youtube about this mod. Can make one of this mod in youtube and show its features?
I don't think a video is needed:
ImageImage

As you can see it adds many features to the home menu:
- Exit game (hold L trigger while exiting in PSPGo to use the Go's "Pause" feature)
- Reset game (just like exiting to xmb and launching it again)
- Shutdown PSP
- Standby PSP
- Pause game. Can also be paused with START button or set to always automatically pause when opening the home menu.
- Back (just like pressing HOME or CIRCLE)
- Connect USB (won't work with bluetooth enabled, Sony's fault)
- PSPstates menu: save, load, delete. Per game savestates and global savestates, and each savestate has a screenshot.

You can also change the CPU/BUS speed with L and R triggers.
Custom randomized backgrounds (you can have multiple images, one will load each time).

And as you have seen in the image there are many on screen information: Brightnesss level, volume level, current CPU/BUS speed, Game title and ID, full date, battery percentage and remaining time (remaining time won't work in the PSPGo since there's no hardware for it).

And all is customizable: menu options to show, bar positions, information to show, colors... Hold Select for the configuration menu.

ps: don't disable all options in the menu, I've just noticed that doing so will make customhome (and the PSP) hang. There's really no reason to use customhome if you disable all it's options though, so I'm not bother to change the code to prevent this situation.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

suloku wrote:battery percentage and remaining time (remaining time won't work in the PSPGo since there's no hardware for it)
Using the BatteryPatch.prx can fix this problem at the PSP Go.

It wont fix the problem at the PSP E1000, though.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞

Return to “Plugins”