Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

CTFtool GUI v5 beta 3

Post and discuss Custom Themes here
ErikPshat

CTFtool GUI v5 beta 3

Post by ErikPshat »

CTFtool GUI v5 beta 3

As you know, this is a unique program from the developer patpat. Because the source code has been irretrievably lost, along with the computer, then stopped further development. To adapt this new firmware version 6.60 and 6.61, I had to put into it all the knowledge and hacking tools.

Changelog:
  • Support converting CTF between 500-503-550-620-635-637-638-639-660-661 from the GUI or the right click context menu.
  • Fixed and make changes all known me offsets for the INI files 500-661 to properly transfer changes between firmwares.
  • Updated CXMB, support 3.71-6.61 and Infinity.
  • Many many many other fixes and additions.
Supported file types: RCO|PRX|CTF|PTF|PMF|MPS|TTF|PGF|VAG|WAV|OMG|GMO|GIM|TGA|BMP|PNG|JPG|GIF|ICO|PSD|BIN|GZ|ZL

Instructions for use:

Extract in the downloaded archive folder "CTFtoolGUI" to any location on your hard drive. Preferably with a short path, but rather the root of drive C:\ or D:\ or E:\ etc.
  1. When you first start the program, or if you change the program folder location, always run the program "CTFtool_GUI.exe" on behalf of the Administrator. That is, you need right-click on the program and choose "Run as Administrator".
    Thus, your Windows buried a desired data in the register and will be aware of the location of the program, in the context menu will an additional item with the extended menu, when you right-click.
  2. "Create" button - only pack CTF Theme with specified firmware version, from which the files are stored in prepared folders. Not to be confused with the conversion! The conversion in this case does not occur. If you have already prepared the firmware files into folders for themes assembly or if you have disassembled the theme, you can easily assemble it. For this:
    1. Click in the program "Create" button
    2. In the field "VSH dir", type the path to the folder "vsh"
    3. In the field "FONT dir", type the path to the folder "font" (not necessary, if you want to use your font)
    4. In the field "PTF file", type the path to the file *.ptf"
      • PTF file creates with "Sony Custom Theme Converter". To create a PTF you need to prepare: 1) Wallpaper 480x272 24 bit - background for XMB; 2) Preview Icon 16x16 8bit index (32 bit with Alpha) - for preview Icon CTF when selecting CTF Theme; 3) Preview Image 300x170 24 bit - for preview Cover CTF when selecting CTF Theme. This is all that is required.
    5. In the field "CTF path", type the path where will be stored the new compiled file *.ctf"
    6. In the drop-down "VERSION", select the firmware version on which lie in folders firmware files for the assembly theme.
      Do not select fake version, than this firmware files, of which you are going to collect the new theme, otherwise you enter misleading others and the theme collected files from another firmware, of course it will not work as it should be!!!
  3. "Extract" button - only extracted all files from CTF Theme.
  4. "Convert" button - convert CTF Theme between different firmwares versions.
    • Here you can convert the theme from the old firmware for your new firmware. For example, a lot of good, it was created for the firmware 5.00 M33. In those days it was a craze. Now, you can easily and simply convert these themes for the latest firmware 6.60 or 6.61. You can try to convert any Themes 5.00 to 6.61, and see what happens.
  5. "Set" button - Program settings.
  6. "?" button - Information about the program and clickable links to related resources.
Download:
===================================================
How to convert icons for XMB
How to convert icons
for XMB Menu in "topmenu_icon.rco".
Sometimes BMP icons obtained large or insert through RCOEditor inserted as damaged.
  1. Prepares the BMP image in Photoshop with an Alpha channel.
  2. Then right-click convert BMP to PNG.
  3. Then right-click convert PNG to "PNG index color" (to reduce the file size).
  4. Then convert "PNG index color" to GIM.
  5. Now you can insert through RCOEditor icon in place.
How to change switching sounds in XMB
For switching sounds responds file: system_plugin.rco
  1. You can "Extract" theme CTF (just click left button on the file Theme CTF, it will automatically unpacked to the folder with the same name).
  2. Right-click on the file "system plugin.rco" and select "CTFtool Menu ⇒ Dump "system_plugin.rco" with Rcomage (English)".
    This file is unpacked in the folder "system plugin".
  3. In the folder "system_plugin\Sounds" - you will see all the audio files with the extension VAG.
  4. Select all the files *.VAG and click on them the right mouse button, and select "CTFtool Menu ⇒ Convert selected files to WAV"
  5. Encode your sounds as you like. Try to do the duration, bitrate and frequency as in the original characteristics of sounds. It is not necessary to select the duration is too accurate. Do as you like. Then replace the sounds with the same names.
  6. Select all the files *.WAV and click on them the right mouse button, and select "CTFtool Menu ⇒ Convert selected files to VAG"
  7. Right-click on the main folder "system plugin" and select "CTFtool Menu ⇒ Pack "system_plugin" to rco with Rcomage".
    You will get back your finished file system_plugin.rco with your favorite sounds.
  8. And finally, right-click on the main folder of your theme "Theme name" and select "CTFtool Menu ⇒ Pack "Theme name" to ctf"
  9. DONE!
Context menu
Context menu
Advertising
Last edited by ErikPshat on Wed May 25, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blake1211

Re: CTFtool GUI v5 beta 3

Post by blake1211 »

Does this version fix the issue CTF Tool has on windows 10?

The issue I'm talking about is that the registry entries cause CTF Tool to start when you run an administrative CMD window by right clicking the start button.

Also thanks for putting out a new version!
Advertising
ErikPshat

Post by ErikPshat »

blake1211 wrote:Does this version fix the issue CTF Tool has on windows 10?

The issue I'm talking about is that the registry entries cause CTF Tool to start when you run an administrative CMD window by right clicking the start button.

Also thanks for putting out a new version!
I have Windows 10 and the program will normally be registered in the Windows registry.
It is enough to make only once.

I do not understand how such issues and why someone has such problems.
That you need to deal with your computer. Maybe stupid antivirus blocking entry to the registry. Maybe you do disable or delete any service. Maybe you just do not have administrative privileges, and you sign in with the usual additional account, ie, not as the owner and administrator of the computer.
blake1211

Post by blake1211 »

I use a non live version of Malwarebytes so it can't be causing the issue, and i do have admin rights as this is the only account on my pc.

I'm not sure if i ran it as admin when i first used it on this pc so maybe that could have caused an issue.

Thanks for replying!
ErikPshat

Post by ErikPshat »

Different anitivirus have different working methods, and they can be operated even when the antivirus turn off, if the box is ticked.
  • Protect registry from the changes.
  • Protect Program Files from the changes.
Then, it may be can be set the high level of "User Account Control". Try to disable it for a while.
  1. Click next the Start button to the magnifying icon (Search)
  2. Enter to search: UAC
  3. Press found "Change User Account Control Settings"
  4. (Or press Win + R and insert the command "UserAccountControlSettings" and click OK)
  5. Lower the slider to the bottom (Disable)
  6. Disable Windows Defender.
Try again "Run as Administrator" with right click on "CTFtool GUI.exe".

Generally I have all inclusive, but it is always the first run the program is activated in the registry (tested on Windows 7/10 32/64 bit on different computers testers).

Now any child is 7 years old can convert Themes from 5.00 to 6.61
It makes me just laugh when I see the Themes, where it is written: "Converted by BlAh_hAlB" :D
blake1211

Post by blake1211 »

I think the issue was that i didn't run it as admin when i first ran it. it isn't running when i run CMD anymore.Nope it started running again (randomly runs with cmd)

MBAM does have a live scanning option but that is for the paid version and the trail only, I hate live scanning AV's so im not using either of them.

Mine has absolutely nothing running in the background, so it is completely off until i run the exe. (even then it has no live scanning of the system you have to tell it to scan for the free version)

I disabled windows defender the second that 10 was finished installing so that's not an issue

UAC was on recommended but that wasn't the issue as it wasn't doing it after i did the first run as admin. I did end up disabling UAC because needing to click yes when i wanted to do pretty much anything was annoying so thanks for that bit of info!
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

I want to replace a theme's sounds with another one, is it possible with this application
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

ali_ihsan21 wrote:I want to replace a theme's sounds with another one, is it possible with this application
Yep just unpack the theme to find its atrc3 or whatever the BG is formatted in and replace it with your own and rebuild the theme.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
ErikPshat

Post by ErikPshat »

ali_ihsan21 wrote:I want to replace a theme's sounds with another one, is it possible with this application
Yes, you can also use this program to extract, replace and back to collect sounds in RCO file. These features are available on the right mouse button.
  • system_plugin.rco - Switching sounds in XMB.
  • opening_plugin.prx - Coldboot sound (when turn on PSP)
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

ErikPshat wrote:
Yes, you can also use this program to extract, replace and back to collect sounds in RCO file. These features are available on the right mouse button.
  • system_plugin.rco - Switching sounds in XMB.
  • opening_plugin.prx - Coldboot sound (when turn on PSP)
Thank you mate without your post I couldnt make it but I must say Im only half way there :) I did the theme I want for 6.60 GO but I couldnt modify the same theme's 6.20 version. system_plugin.rco isnt there and also there is no way bto convert an 6.60 theme to 6.20 right ?
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow

Return to “Themes”