As you know, this is a unique program from the developer patpat. Because the source code has been irretrievably lost, along with the computer, then stopped further development. To adapt this new firmware version 6.60 and 6.61, I had to put into it all the knowledge and hacking tools.
- Support converting CTF between 500-503-550-620-635-637-638-639-660-661 from the GUI or the right click context menu.
- Fixed and make changes all known me offsets for the INI files 500-661 to properly transfer changes between firmwares.
- Updated CXMB, support 3.71-6.61 and Infinity.
- Many many many other fixes and additions.
Instructions for use:
Extract in the downloaded archive folder "CTFtoolGUI" to any location on your hard drive. Preferably with a short path, but rather the root of drive C:\ or D:\ or E:\ etc.
- When you first start the program, or if you change the program folder location, always run the program "CTFtool_GUI.exe" on behalf of the Administrator. That is, you need right-click on the program and choose "Run as Administrator".
Thus, your Windows buried a desired data in the register and will be aware of the location of the program, in the context menu will an additional item with the extended menu, when you right-click.
- "Create" button - only pack CTF Theme with specified firmware version, from which the files are stored in prepared folders. Not to be confused with the conversion! The conversion in this case does not occur. If you have already prepared the firmware files into folders for themes assembly or if you have disassembled the theme, you can easily assemble it. For this:
- Click in the program "Create" button
- In the field "VSH dir", type the path to the folder "vsh"
- In the field "FONT dir", type the path to the folder "font" (not necessary, if you want to use your font)
- In the field "PTF file", type the path to the file *.ptf"
- PTF file creates with "Sony Custom Theme Converter". To create a PTF you need to prepare: 1) Wallpaper 480x272 24 bit - background for XMB; 2) Preview Icon 16x16 8bit index (32 bit with Alpha) - for preview Icon CTF when selecting CTF Theme; 3) Preview Image 300x170 24 bit - for preview Cover CTF when selecting CTF Theme. This is all that is required.
- In the field "CTF path", type the path where will be stored the new compiled file *.ctf"
- In the drop-down "VERSION", select the firmware version on which lie in folders firmware files for the assembly theme.
Do not select fake version, than this firmware files, of which you are going to collect the new theme, otherwise you enter misleading others and the theme collected files from another firmware, of course it will not work as it should be!!!
- "Extract" button - only extracted all files from CTF Theme.
- "Convert" button - convert CTF Theme between different firmwares versions.
- Here you can convert the theme from the old firmware for your new firmware. For example, a lot of good, it was created for the firmware 5.00 M33. In those days it was a craze. Now, you can easily and simply convert these themes for the latest firmware 6.60 or 6.61. You can try to convert any Themes 5.00 to 6.61, and see what happens.
- "Set" button - Program settings.
- "?" button - Information about the program and clickable links to related resources.
- CTRL+ CTFtool_GUI_v5_beta_3.zip (44.59 MB)
- CTRL+ CTFtool_GUI_v5_beta_3.7z (11.13 MB) - unpack only with free 7-Zip archiver with a high compression ratio
- How to convert icons for XMB
- How to change switching sounds in XMB
- Context menu