Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Unlock subcategories in XMB for all regions and models PSP

Post and discuss Custom Themes here
ErikPshat

Post by ErikPshat »

This video was filmed on PSP-1004 FAT European region.

[youtube]rVVuodxG9jY[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/rVVuodxG9jY

Here, I'll tell you how you can edit vshmain.prx, to unlock required menu items and icons for use in CTF themes.
Also, you can move the subcategory menu items with icons to other categories.
I have to say that while it is impossible to move the subcategoryes of Music category, such as "Music Unlimited" and "SensMe Cannels", but they can be opened for other PSP regions.

To do this, edit the decrypted file vshmain.prx (6.60/6.61 OFW) . Open the file in a hex editor and position 0x54BC0 see the following picture:

Here I am by editor settings grouped code 4 bytes and 16 bytes per line, to make it easier to see the number of the code. Thus, we see four vertical column code, as it is, and should be considered.
  1. The first column - indicates the serial number of categories, just as we see them in the XMB menu on the PSP.
    00000000 - Settings, 01000000 - Extras, 02000000 - Photo, 03000000 - Music, etc
  2. The second column - indicates subcategories to the number in this category. That is, the number of subcategories kady strictly designated for its function. For example 00000000 - System Update, 01000000 - USB Connection, etc ..
  3. The third column - indicates the rights PSP model. For example FF070000 code - gives all rights to all models, ie, This menu item is displayed on any PSP. A FF030000 code - gives the right to a WiFi network, that is, on PSP-E1000, this menu item will be switched off. But you can also turn on))) For example, if you want to include x-Radar Portable, then change FF03 to FF07 and on your PSP-E1000 is a submenu will appear and the ability to run this application. Keep in mind that the very category you must be present, depending on the region of your PSP.
  4. The fourth column - indicates the PSP on the region's right. For example, to turn on the Digital Comics or the same x-Radar Portable, you need to change the code B0020000 or 08000000 respectively to FFFFFFFF, which gives unlimited rights to all regions, ie FFFFFFFF code includes a menu item on any PSP regions. Keep in mind that the very category you must be present, depending on the region of your PSP.
Now, to understand and easier to navigate, what kind of code, I copied everything in the same order in the table, and painted all the bias. The first column in the table shows the position of the string in hex, and more - all with a description 4 columns each. ... Yes, the file is lock on the Changes of these categories, so you need to remove it at 0x1FF84. There will need to reset the value of 2700 to 0000, and only after this change will work.
Table subcategories

But that is not all. As long as you include only the menu items and they should appear, but without icons. And to turn the icons, you must almost exactly the same right to put icons included. This code is immediately followed. As soon as the table of categories of items in the line at 00054DE0, so the next line of icons table starts 00054DF0. You will see the text in the right part of the hex-editor the sequence of paired letters AJ, AR, AZ. See a screenshot of the end and the beginning of the table of categories icons table:

For convenience, I select the table icon, exactly 1000 bytes, and put in a new document separately. In this case, clearly visible to the structure, it is better to make 20 bytes per line, as here goes 5 columns by 4 byte group. To put it more clearly in the screenshot:

So, the first 3 column - a numeric code of the most letters on the right.
A fourth and fifth columns, and have rights under the models and regions respectively, which should be included.
Find the desired icon, and change the rules in the 4th column in the FF070000 and in the 5th column to FFFFFFFF, which means displaying icons on the PSP any model of any region. Note that in each row 3 are paired letter. This is nothing like the name of the same icons 3-yoh types - primary, shadow and without focus. These names of icons you can peep in topmenu_icon.rco icon file. Look closely at the screenshot:

Table icon

Well, I think you have understood everything. You can enable, disable menu items and move them in any other category, simply by changing the number of the category. Do not change the original vshmain.prx in flash0, otherwise get the BRICK, and use the themes CTF or through plug ZeroVSH Patcher.
Good luck!
Advertising
Last edited by ErikPshat on Tue May 10, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Freakler

Re: Unlock subcategories in XMB for all regions and models

Post by Freakler »

Very nice write-up! :)
Advertising
PSVita 1001 - 3.60
PSVita 1004 - 3.60 IDU
PSVita 1004 - 2.02 TN-V
PSP 2004 - 6.60 ME-1.8 (TA-085v1)
PSP 1004 - 5.00 M33-6 (TA-081)
toBsucht
VIP