Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] TimeCube the Game! 2.0

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
Razzlegames

[RELEASE] TimeCube the Game! 2.0

Post by Razzlegames »

]TimeCube is a quirky fun and fast paced new puzzle game, in which you must rotate blocks to match four or more colors. Don't let the concept fool you the multiplayer can get competitive and intense!

(I am trying to get more good screenshots, I only have 2x PSP 1000s so no Video output, the good ones are from a buggy emulator, I will try to get more. I'll upload a video also!)

From Version 1.0, included since I cannot get a good photo from emulator of game play

From Version 1.0, included since I cannot get a good photo from emulator of game play

Why? Cause every old man needs freaking laser eyes
This is my first full game. I have designed all the graphics, composed all the music (LMMS), written the image parsing, etc, while using just the GU and building my own engine from the ground up. Due to this, I may not have as many crazy features as if I used a pre-built engine

I had released TimeCube just previous to learning about the competition, so I used this as an excuse to add quite a few features:

Additions in this version
  • Adhoc Multi-player
  • Particle Engine (yes blocks spark and create fun effects!)
  • A new Font engine
  • Old man effects
  • Ominous Voice samples
  • New menu Graphics
  • New paused Graphics
  • New Backgrounds
  • New Goofy Gene Ray quotes :lol:
The single player is fun... but the MultiPlayer is where it's at!

The Multiplayer addition was obviously the most challenging addition... I think you will also find it is the most fun! If you like Bust-A-Move, you will love TimeCube! :mrgreen:

Multiplayer rules:
  • Get 4 or more matches as fast as possible (with chaining falling blocks if you can)!
  • Get matches faster than the other player, and blocks will fly on their screen, filling it up and securing your dominance!
  • The last survivor is the winner!!

Get the goods here, and be sure to get a friend in on it to really enjoy the puzzle competition!
http://code.google.com/p/time-cube-the- ... loads/list

Please post any bugs you may find on the Google Code page so I can track them.
Advertising
Last edited by Razzlegames on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rainof89

Re: [RELEASE] TimeCube the Game! 2.0

Post by rainof89 »

Nice game especially for adhoc play. Hopefully Pro C would allow us to connect from servers. More fun!!! :mrgreen:
Advertising
Razzlegames

Post by Razzlegames »

Thanks! Yeah that would be really cool to have online play. I was thinking through a way to have this. So far I was guessing that developing a PC server-ish program, to act as a middle man, was the best way. Maybe this is what Pro C does?
Beegee7730

Post by Beegee7730 »

Why not use Remotejoy lite for the screenshots, or a PSP screenshot plugin?
啊啊
啊啊
啊啊
啊啊!!!
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

also working with ofw http://www.mediafire.com/?y32yrgwb5hl9y34 ;) Good luck!
HomeBrews working with Psp 6.xx fw viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
ofw (shrunk) HomeBrews viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

All Psp homebrews at mfi.re/toBsucht
http://pspinstaller.co.uk
Razzlegames

Post by Razzlegames »

Beegee7730 wrote:Why not use Remotejoy lite for the screenshots, or a PSP screenshot plugin?
Ah, wasn't aware of that nice tool. I was actually thinking of writing one just for this purpose LOL. Thanks!
Flameaim
Banned

Post by Flameaim »

Razzlegames wrote:
Beegee7730 wrote:Why not use Remotejoy lite for the screenshots, or a PSP screenshot plugin?
Ah, wasn't aware of that nice tool. I was actually thinking of writing one just for this purpose LOL. Thanks!
aw its Razzle Ur Game Surely evoled was wondring if u where going to take partand u did and u Figured How To get Ad-Hoc in there :P btw am Fragon From Psp-HAcks ;)
Razzlegames

Post by Razzlegames »

Hey Fragon, Nice to see you. Yeah the adhoc stuff was pretty fun to code up. I had to commandeer my wife's PSP while I tested it LOL.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Nice game, welcome to the competition :)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
Razzlegames

Post by Razzlegames »

Added video of single player. Multiplayer video soon to come.

(took a bit or wrestling to get remotejoy to work. I am on Linux. For those that want to know, you need to ldstart the remotejoy.prx from pspsh, even if you have it enabled in your GAME.txt)

Return to “Submissions”