Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
#73567 by thecobra
Sun May 29, 2011 11:55 pm
Warning: Guys i recommend that every to stop using the old version of USBSERVER. I will release the new version when it done so wait for it. the old one had some bugs that i couldn't find so i stop supporting the old version. From now one i will only support the 2.x version and up so just wait for a new release.

Project Name: UsbServer
Version: 1.5
Developer: Thecobra
Credit:
*lukas for release his pspnet source code online( it gave me a clue to what function i will need to patch later on and hows to improve some of my code)
*Thanks to those in my thread for posting and telling me that i found this project interested. I will keep on working on this project so don't worry about it.
Description: Use the PSP as a UsbWifi Adapter for the PC
Info:
*psp side is done
*PC side needs some bug fix before it complety ready
*need to add the PC to PSP feature

Hi all, It me Thecobra.

Here i am releasing the UsbServer that i have been developing for the PSP comp.
This program is meant to make your psp work as a PC Wifi adapter but due to some problem and lack of time. i wasn't able to complete the PC proxy program but i did release a simple Java program with it that shows how to use the PSP as a PC wifi adapter. The example retrieves a Google.com web page.
I included the java code so anyone that knows how to code in java could easly make a java proxy server using it.

Instruction:
First connect your psp to your pc.
Then run the PSP usbServer program. Press X to connect to the internet.
Then run the usbhostfs on the pc.
Finnaly run startExample.

I gonna keep on working on this project but i wanted to release atleast this much for the contest.

Download it here: http://netgameorb.blogspot.com/2011/08/usbserver-for-psp.html <- The latest version will be posted on that blog site
Advertising
Last edited by thecobra on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
#73569 by rainof89
Mon May 30, 2011 12:04 am
yea!!! You made a lot of people happy today :mrgreen:
Advertising
#73572 by thecobra
Mon May 30, 2011 12:07 am
rainof89 wrote:yea!!! You made a lot of people happy today :mrgreen:

I hope so, i still got alot of work to do on it and even when this contest is over, i will still work on it so i hope you guys look forward to the Complete bug Free version of it.
#73573 by waratte
Mon May 30, 2011 12:09 am
rainof89 wrote:yea!!! You made a lot of people happy today :mrgreen:

And proved lots of people wrong. Great job!
#73575 by Mexicouger
Mon May 30, 2011 12:12 am
Does this run as fast as the Xbox wireless adapter? Or does the PSP wireless limit the speed that the PC can go?
#73576 by thecobra
Mon May 30, 2011 12:17 am
Mexicouger wrote:Does this run as fast as the Xbox wireless adapter? Or does the PSP wireless limit the speed that the PC can go?

i haven't try to test the speed of the wifi but if i have to guess, it should be as fast as the PSP wireless limit it to be. After all it the uses the PSP wireless internet for the PC. plus it may a bit slower than that since all the data also has to transfer thru the USB aswell
#73638 by asakau
Mon May 30, 2011 3:37 am
This one will make my PSP as a PC wifi right?

I followed all your instruction above but I cant make it work