*** Refer to the Xplora website from PSP or to the blog for updates ***
I proud to be here to release Xplora 2, it's a long time since Xplora 1.8 was released
just because I've thought to leave the project, not because I don't like it but because
I've not enough time to work on it anyway here we are.
Xplora 2 is not just an updated version of Xplora 1.8 but a completely new application.
This shell is conceived not to be "another" shell but something that has to be innovative.
Xplora 2 is writed entirely in C to make the app as dinamical and fast as possible.
Every part of code is writted by my own, I've not copied any code for other applications
(exeption made by some examples for ME Mp3 playing etc...)
The project is very big and the work I've done on it is simply awesome, it's almost 2 years I'm working on it,
not continuously but something similar.
I'll also release an sdk to build application for Xplora 2 using all the internal libraries.
Every application would be very simple to write with the Xplora Sdk as well as integrate the Xplora
FileManager, as soon as I can I'll upload a complete tutorial and the SDK to give devs a good reference!!!
I'm really looking foward to this contest, it's not just the biggest ever but it was just awesome!!!
Thanks to every person that helped to do this compo!!
Sorry for my bad english guys... Xplora 2 - COMPATIBILITY LIST -
with any PSP with CFW 4.01 onwards
on PSP's with CFW 6.XX !!
- NOT Compatible with the internal storage of PSP-GO ( I'm working on it but I need time )Xplora 2 - Features -
- To enable Xplora autoboot just add to the vsh.txt (seplugins) the file name XfwModule.prx
under Xplora/module directory.
- Hold START when booting up the PSP to start the XMB
- Press NOTE to change the display brightness with 6 levels.
- The firmware Module also replace (in memory, the flash0 isn't touched) the XMB Gameboot Video
with the one under Xplora/themes/FwGameboot.pmf
- Pressing START+HOME in the XMB will startup Xplora
- You can easily add an item to desktop 1, 2 or 3 simply
pressing O on a item in the file manager and choosing Create Link To...!
- Any internal application can be added selecting "New link" from the menu (Press O to open)
- ISO\CSO files and PBP files icons are displayed as the file icon
- Image Viewer
-> (JPG, BMP and PNG files are supported)
- Supports only images that are not bigger than 512x512 due to hw limitation,
I'm working to find a workaround (It's a mine one graphic lib, that's why!!
- Music Player
-> (MP3 and OGG format supported)
- Press HOME to play backroung
- ID3 v1-2-3 informations
- Low processor and so battery usage.
- Text Editor
- Edit your favourite text files while listening to music or dumping an UMD Disk!!
- Press HOME to go to Xplora while the Text Editor is restricted to the System Tray,
just click on it to restart working on your documents.
- Arc Manager
-> (ZIP and 7z files are supported)
- I'm having some problems with my toolchain for RAR support,
I'll add it as soon as possible.
- PMF Player
-> (Every PMF file is supported)
- Shell Integrated support, no need to use ext. apps or restart.
- Homebrew Sorter
- Let's short every application as you want!!
- Directories configuration can be changed editing XhbSettings.db (rename as XhbSettings.txt to edit)
adding\removing any directory ( for example CAT_Games if you have the Homebrew Categoriser Plugin )
- Games & Applications
- Start any application just as the XMB obviously returning to Xplora when exiting a game
- Directories config. are the same as the Homebrew Sorter
- UMD Dumper
- Dump your UMD directly to Memory Stick in ISO or CSO format,
also the file name changes automatically depending on game title
- Background Dump supported --> Press SELECT
- Nand Dumper
- Dump your PSP Nand memory to Memory Stick if .bin format compatible
with the most of the flasher applications.
- Background Dump supported --> Press SELECT
- Plugins Manager
- Manager CFW plugins directly from Xplora with a simple but effective user interface.
- Internet & Xplora Home
- Surf the internet with full memory usage (PSP 2000+ only) and keep updated on the
Xplora offical webpage.
What else, let's see any application writed for Xplora with the Offical SDK.Xplora 2 - Some screenshots -Xplora 2 - Supporters -
Thanks to all the beta-testers:
fsi09, cerberus, bsanehi, rey b, eXaphor, Xplora Fanboy and Predrag Bajic
The language translators:
Benjamin999 - Dutch translation
fsi09 - German translation
SpeedT - Lithuanian translation
Predrag Bajic - Serbian\Croatian traslation
Psprekiem - Spanish traslation
*** This program uses IntraFont by BenHur ***
Here is the shell, I hope you enjoy!! http://ne0h.altervista.org/xplora/downloads/Xplora_v2.05.zip
****** SDK and a complete tutorial is on the way *****