Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

All Install *New Version Dec 21, 2011*

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
OuterHeaven

All Install *New Version Dec 21, 2011*

Post by OuterHeaven »

Hi everyone, here's a new version of All Install. It's probably a little late in the PSP's lifetime to release an app like this, but I don't mind. I still use the PSP a lot, and will continue to support it. Even if I'm the only one using the download forum, I'm going to keep it up for backup purposes. Hopefully, a few people can still get some enjoyment out of it. :)

All Install is a program that can download and install many different things for the PSP. It can install homebrew (even into game categories folders), it can install plugins (automatically editing your vsh.txt, game.txt, and/or pops.txt), and it can also install themes, gameboots, version.txt's, etc.

It downloads files from a forum, and the forum is open to everyone. You can download content, and also upload content. So, if your favorite homebrew is missing, you can add it! You can even upload content using just the PSP. No PC required. The program can also be customized, and other features include: a file browser, text editor, calculator, UMD dumper, and the ability to hide your files.

----------------------

New version changelog:

1) File browser now lists files in alphabetical order
2) You can copy and/or delete whole directories
3) Both zip and rar files can be extracted
4) Improved the plugin installer, and also created a new way to install plugins (clicking X on a prx file gives you the option of adding it to your vsh.txt, game.txt, and/or pops.txt)
5) Created a new mode for the file browser that allows you to select an almost unlimited amount of files, and then copy or delete them. In a test, I actually selected 230 individual files (which came from 20 different directories), and then copied them all to a new directory.
6) Created a color config file that allows you to change the text colors of the program. (Useful when making a custom skin)
7) MANY bug fixes and other improvements

----------------------

Here are two videos that show how the program works. The first video shows functions like: downloading content, installing homebrew and plugins, how to use the new plugin install method, and installing 5 homebrews at the same time.
This next video shows how to upload content using only the PSP. It shows an example of how to create a zip file with PSPKVM, and it shows how to upload zip or rar files with All Install. It also shows how to use the hide files feature.
You can download All Install here.

The program was tested on a PSP 1000 with 6.20 TN-E, and a PSP 2000 with 5.00 M33-6, and 5.50 GEN. It should also work on the PSP Go when using a memory stick. However, it won't work with the PSP Go's internal storage yet.
Advertising
Last edited by OuterHeaven on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.
waratte

Re: All Install

Post by waratte »

Cool. It sounds like cydia for PSP.
Advertising
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

i most admit that this looks like the most thought through store/installer ive seen around ... other installers should be shivering by now :lol:
hope you get it going with tons of fun stuff to download

anyways good luck ... seems really impressive and fast :mrgreen:

edit: i didnt fully understand how the downloads work from the vid, but i guess ill figure it out once i actually try it out later ..
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.
wassgha

Post by wassgha »

It's exactly like my Wassystem Store, but mine got more options... I am not gonna vote for this, sorry...
Fade

Post by Fade »

Sounds awesome You even uploaded to sendspace so I can install with PSPfiler

OuterHeaven

Post by OuterHeaven »

wassgha wrote:It's exactly like my Wassystem Store, but mine got more options... I am not gonna vote for this, sorry...
I tried to test your store, but it appears that it's no longer working. I looked it up, and it seems like the installer was somewhat limited. After downloading something, you would have to exit completely, and then run your installer to install 1 homebrew. I don't think that you read through my feature list.
Halvhjearne wrote:I didnt fully understand how the downloads work from the vid, but i guess ill figure it out once i actually try it out later ..
Yeah, I filmed that when I was really tired. It probably just sounds like crazy ramblings lol. The downloading/installing is actually more simple than I described. You just use the web browser to download something like usual. Then, you open the All Install file browser, and press X on anything you want to install. If you want to install a homebrew into a specific game categories folder, you press O instead of X. That selects the file. Then, you browse into your game categories folder, and press analog down to install it.
Halvhjearne wrote:Hope you get it going with tons of fun stuff to download
Yep, there is already stuff to download :) . I have to upload more themes, though. Those are severely lacking right now. If anyone wants to upload some stuff, feel free to do so. It's open to All. (Yes, bad All Install pun :lol: )
Fade wrote:Sounds awesome You even uploaded to sendspace so I can install with PSPfiler
Thanks Fade! Oh, and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions, just let me know.
Last edited by OuterHeaven on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
zeuskog

Post by zeuskog »

can someone upload this to mediafire....
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

OuterHeaven wrote: PLEASE NOTE: This was tested on a PSP 1000 with 6.20 TN-E, PSP 2000 with 5.00 M33-6, and PSP 1000 with 5.50 GEN-D3. I don't have a PSP Go to test on, but it should work when using a memory stick. However, I don't think it will work with the PSP Go's internal storage. I'll try to create a version that's compatible with the internal storage, but will need some PSP Go owners to help with the testing.
-OuterHeaven
ok ill trust your coding skills on this one and try it on my pspGO ... if you like me to do any test's for you (just no flashing), just let me know ;)
(ill return with some feedback soon tho)

edit: ok heres my feedback ... really nice and fast installer , and alltho it would be nice with a bit more info/warnings about when you are actually doing something to the flash0 (maby even dummy proof it by detecting firmware 6.00+?), in fact it is "kinda" aimed at hackable psp's as is (propperbly becorse you own a hackable yourself, and dont think as much about it when flashing stuff), but i just love the speed of it compared to others and i like the fact that you made a forum for everyone to dl/ul hombrew, plugins themes and more.
tho it does work from internal and it seems you allready went ahead and did some prelimenary work to support the internal storage as well (even tho its not yet possible to select) ... however idk how you managed it, but you actually reached the memory stick when i ran it from internal (even tho i was specifically told that, this was actually impossible, maby share some info on this with other devs ;) ) and even tho it ended up installing a bit unexpexted, i was still so impressed by the fact that you "managed" that somehow, that i didnt even care about the fact that the plugin ended up on the memstick instead of the internal and it never renamed my seplugins folder back on internal ether (so a few bugs here when on pspGO internal) ... otherwise it seems to work flawlessly from the memstick ... love the speed :mrgreen:

tested on pspGO TN-E
Last edited by Halvhjearne on Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.
General Jewel

Post by General Jewel »

this is a great installer :) does the forum take pictures? so there can be screens, and what is the main site so can upload stuff from my computer :D
Baconation

Post by Baconation »

First 5 things i got off of here were awesome, you got a good collection going. I hope more people start contributing.

Return to “Submissions”