Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

All Install *New Version Dec 21, 2011*

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
OuterHeaven

Re: All Install

Post by OuterHeaven »

ricosuavez wrote:looks good outerheaven i will try this out immediately ,good luck(nice to see you here)
Thanks! It's nice to see you here, too :) . I was really sad that the iR Shell forums went down again. I wonder what happened? I'm thinking of adding an iR Shell section to my forum. It's getting more difficult to find iR Shell stuff, it will be nice to have a place to upload it again. Plus, we could then download it directly to our PSP!

------------

Another All Install status update:

I'm improving the program to make it much more user friendly. For example, the original installation instructions are kind of a pain. It asks you to make sure you have a PSP/COMMON folder, and to check your seplugins text files. Also, the CXMB installer asks you to choose if you already have a vsh.txt or not. I've fixed all of that, and now everything is done automatically! This also fixes the bug that could occur when installing plugins after using certain plugin managers. I have some more testing to do, but I'll release the update as soon as possible.
Advertising
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

Ok i have a problem and is not my problem!
is a friends he add a password and he forgot!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
He so stupid! God Anyway you can bypass this
when you forget your password? thanks in advance.|
hahaha he can do nothing now! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Advertising
OuterHeaven

Post by OuterHeaven »

jvhellraiser wrote:he add a password and he forgot! you can bypass this when you forget your password?
Yes, there's an emergency unlocker just in case. Connect his PSP to a computer, and on the root of the memory stick should be the InstallRoot folder. Go into it, and there will be a folder named ER. Copy the ER folder into PSP/GAME, and then you can disconnect from the computer. Run the ER program on the PSP, and everything should unlock. :)
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

ok he got everything back video,music
but the ISO folder is still lock with his games on it
he says that in the game folder appear only the app
all unistall that it None of the games came back! :mrgreen:

He hide then again and put the password and everything was recover thanks!!
thisis and awesome app!
OuterHeaven

Re: All Install *New Version Dec 21, 2011*

Post by OuterHeaven »

I'm very sorry that it took me so long to release an update, but it's finally out! You can find it in the first post. :D
Mr. Shizzy

Post by Mr. Shizzy »

Thanks for releasing the update.
Question: was encrypting the lua files really necessary? I mean, there could have been a lot of nice examples for new learners in there.. I doubt anyone is going to steal your app at this point - the psp scene is nearly dead bro :/

Anyways, thanks again for sharing your work, and supporting the PSP to the very end :)
PS Vita - 2.02 OFW [Awaiting Frostegater's Release]
OuterHeaven

Post by OuterHeaven »

Mr. Shizzy wrote:Was encrypting the lua files really necessary?
I know, I've been thinking the exact same thing. I was just hoping that no one would call me out on it lol. :P I feel like such a hypocrite too, because I believe in open source software. And if it wasn't for other lua coders sharing tutorials and samples, I never would have gotten started in the first place.

I guess I encrypted it for 2 reasons. The main one was actually embarrassment. I know that most of my code is sloppy and inefficient. It's also uncommented, so it's a pain to look at. The other reason was a bit of paranoia. I was thinking about how LONG it took me to figure out some of this stuff. The hours and hours of researching and testing. Sometimes spending literally days trying to fix the smallest bug. I didn't want someone to just change 2 lines of the src, and then say "look at this app I made!"

But, you're completely right. It was unnecessary to encrypt it, and I feel like a **** now. :lol: I'll think about cleaning up the src, commenting it, and then releasing it. Although, I'm really tired of working on the code at this point, it'll probably take me a while to actually get around to it.
Mr. Shizzy

Post by Mr. Shizzy »

OuterHeaven wrote:
Mr. Shizzy wrote:Was encrypting the lua files really necessary?
I know, I've been thinking the exact same thing. I was just hoping that no one would call me out on it lol. :P I feel like such a hypocrite too, because I believe in open source software. And if it wasn't for other lua coders sharing tutorials and samples, I never would have gotten started in the first place.

I guess I encrypted it for 2 reasons. The main one was actually embarrassment. I know that most of my code is sloppy and inefficient. It's also uncommented, so it's a pain to look at. The other reason was a bit of paranoia. I was thinking about how LONG it took me to figure out some of this stuff. The hours and hours of researching and testing. Sometimes spending literally days trying to fix the smallest bug. I didn't want someone to just change 2 lines of the src, and then say "look at this app I made!"

But, you're completely right. It was unnecessary to encrypt it, and I feel like a **** now. :lol: I'll think about cleaning up the src, commenting it, and then releasing it. Although, I'm really tired of working on the code at this point, it'll probably take me a while to actually get around to it.
Hey no big deal man. Just seemed like the src could be good reference for different functions.
I was hoping to look at the download function actually.

I wouldn't worry too much about the cleanliness of your code.
I have used some unorthodox lua methods myself in the past - I've always said if it is functional, than it is doing it's job just the same.. ;)

Question: Is this using LuaPlayer Plus?

Anyways - thanks again for even being kind enough to share your app with the public.
Your hard work is appreciated! (something devs in this scene do not hear enough of from end users)
PS Vita - 2.02 OFW [Awaiting Frostegater's Release]
OuterHeaven

Post by OuterHeaven »

Mr. Shizzy wrote:I was hoping to look at the download function
The file browser and installer contain many functions, but I actually didn't need to write any download functions. I'm using Lua HM7, and it comes with a web browser. My program simply uses the browser to download files from a website. The nice part about this is that anyone can create a download site for All Install. I added the option of easily changing the default site (in the website.txt), and it's also possible to change the look of the program by creating custom skins. Someone could create a download site, have All Install go to their site automatically, and they could make the program look the way they want it to!

We could also have multiple download sites. If someone wanted to create a site dedicated to CXMB themes, they could do that. Or, someone could make a private site for their friends, or a backup site for their files. We could even bookmark the other sites in the browser, and have quick access to multiple download sites from the same homebrew. It also means that All Install can never really end. Even if my download forum disappeared, anyone could create a new one and release an update to the program. The first download site I ever made was a free Weebly site with a free FileDen account. FileDen gives you a gig of storage with direct download links. I would put the download links on my Weebly site. It worked great! :)
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Thank you for the update dude, I'm glad to see your still supporting the PSP in its last days. :)
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •

Return to “Submissions”