Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

All Install *New Version Dec 21, 2011*

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
Flameaim
Banned

Re: All Install

Post by Flameaim »

Fk Game_Catagories made my pspgo Bricked Sh1ty Plugin with its sh1ty Dev,But Ur Homebrew Is Awesome :twisted:
Advertising
OuterHeaven

Post by OuterHeaven »

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone! I'm really glad that you're enjoying the program.
Halvhjearne wrote:It does work from internal
Wow, thank you so much for testing it. I appreciate your help. It worked from the internal? I didn't think that would happen. It was probably re-directed to the memory stick. If it launched completely from the internal, then I'm very surprised :shock: . I'll contact you when I have a PSPGo internal version to test. I'll probably take a week off from coding, though. My brain has turned to mush lol. I should go out and see the sun again :)
Halvhjearne wrote:really nice and fast installer , and alltho it would be nice with a bit more info/warnings about when you are actually doing something to the flash0 (maby even dummy proof it by detecting firmware 6.00+?)
The only times it can touch the flash is in the tools menu. There are 2 "install gameboot to flash" options, and 2 "install version.txt to flash" options. Even if you click on them by accident, it will allow you to cancel. Before it installs anything, a message appears that begins with: "WARNING! This will alter your flash." Then, it will ask you to choose Yes or No. I hope that is enough of a warning, and that no one mistakenly harms their PSP. Your suggestion of detecting newer firmwares is a good idea. If I release a PSPGo specific version, I'll probably disable the flashing options too.
General Jewel wrote:this is a great installer. does the forum take pictures? so there can be screens, and what is the main site so can upload stuff from my computer
The best way to add pictures is to upload them to a site like TinyPic or Photobucket. Then, they give you a link to post in the forum, and it shows the picture. I'm going to upload some pictures to TinyPic, and add them to my posts also. Thanks for reminding me :) . You can visit the All Install forum here if you want to upload some stuff.
Advertising
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

not a bad app although i have noticed some things that could be better:

1. copying whole folders. this would help especially if you install game categories. creating new folders is nice but you can't move existing game folders to the folders you create
2. it wants to rename the seplugins folder to newplugins which is useless because, well the folder is supposed to be called seplugins for the hen to even read it. i can change it back but it's still annoying
3. maybe you could add something to test the compatibly of the plugins you're trying to install? because i installed a plugin and it wasn't compatible so the hen couldn't start, forcing me to go to my computer and manually get rid of the plugin. correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the point of this app so you don't have to look the psp to a computer?
4. the problem with all these homebrew stores is they don't list a lot of homebrew. maybe we should all gather all our homebrew someplace and just make all the homebrew stores and stuff download from there
OuterHeaven

Post by OuterHeaven »

man_of_power05 wrote:not a bad app although i have noticed some things that could be better:

1. copying whole folders. this would help especially if you install game categories. creating new folders is nice but you can't move existing game folders to the folders you create
Yes, I agree. That's something I'm actually working on right now. :)
man_of_power05 wrote:2. it wants to rename the seplugins folder to newplugins which is useless because, well the folder is supposed to be called seplugins for the hen to even read it. i can change it back but it's still annoying
You don't have to rename anything. When you exit the program, it automatically names your folder back to normal, and your plugins will be enabled again. The reason it renames it to newplugins is to ensure full compatibility, and so a plugin doesn't conflict with the program while it's running. It explains this in the text file named: "----IMPORTANT----PleaseRead". Also, there's an optional update you can install which will allow you to use plugins with the program. So, if people require things like macrofire, they can still use them.
man_of_power05 wrote:3. maybe you could add something to test the compatibly of the plugins you're trying to install? because i installed a plugin and it wasn't compatible so the hen couldn't start, forcing me to go to my computer and manually get rid of the plugin. correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the point of this app so you don't have to look the psp to a computer?
Good idea. I uploaded many plugins, but I wasn't able to test them with every combination of firmware/HEN. If you tell me which plugin gave you trouble, I'll be sure to put a warning next to it describing which firmware it doesn't work with.
man_of_power05 wrote:4. the problem with all these homebrew stores is they don't list a lot of homebrew. maybe we should all gather all our homebrew someplace and just make all the homebrew stores and stuff download from there
Yes, that was one of the reasons I created the homebrew forum. I'm hoping that it can develop into a small community that uploads many things. If popular homebrews are missing, anyone can add them. Can you imagine if a larger forum such as PSP-Hacks had used a similar concept since the beginning? We would have thousands and thousands of things ready to be installed directly to the PSP!
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

OuterHeaven wrote:
man_of_power05 wrote:2. it wants to rename the seplugins folder to newplugins which is useless because, well the folder is supposed to be called seplugins for the hen to even read it. i can change it back but it's still annoying
You don't have to rename anything. When you exit the program, it automatically names your folder back to normal, and your plugins will be enabled again. The reason it renames it to newplugins is to ensure full compatibility, and so a plugin doesn't conflict with the program while it's running. It explains this in the text file named: "----IMPORTANT----PleaseRead". Also, there's an optional update you can install which will allow you to use plugins with the program. So, if people require things like macrofire, they can still use them.
either that's not working right or i messed up because the when i installed a plugin and exited, it didn't name the folder back to normal

oh and it was the daily viewer plugin that didn't work for me
OuterHeaven

Post by OuterHeaven »

man_of_power05 wrote:it was the daily viewer plugin that didn't work for me
I just tested the DayViewer plugin on 6.20 TN-E, and you're right. It doesn't work. I'll add a firmware compatibility warning. Thanks for reporting that. :)
man_of_power05 wrote:either that's not working right or i messed up because the when i installed a plugin and exited, it didn't name the folder back to normal
Hmmm, I haven't had any other reports about that. Did you install any of the updates for All Install, or were you using the original version? If you were using the original version, there are only 3 ways I can think of that may have caused that:

1) You're using a PSPGo, and the AllInstall folder was on the internal storage. It should be on the memory stick.

2) You renamed the newplugins folder to seplugins, and then you installed a plugin.

3) You turned off the PSP after plugin installation, or removed the memory stick, or exited in some other way that I'm not familiar with.
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

i donno. i'll test it again to be sure. (i have a 2000 btw)

i tested it again and it works. i guess i messed up the first time
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Entry accepted, welcome to the competition :)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
OuterHeaven

Post by OuterHeaven »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give a little status update.

The All Install download site is very new, but there are many things already available. Currently, we have 59 plugins, 42 games, 29 apps, 17 emulators, 10 ctf themes, and 4 All Install skins. :)

Even if you don't use the downloads very much, remember that All Install has many other features. Such as: hide and lock your PSP content with a password, unzip up to 5 zip files at the same time, calculator, install version.txt or gameboot, switch between 2 different savedata folders, dump UMD to iso, etc.

I've also started working on some updates for the program. The next update will include these improvements to the file browser:

1) It will list files in alphabetical order. (Right now it lists them by creation date).

2) Ability to copy and delete whole directories instead of just files.

If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know. Thanks!
ricosuavez

Post by ricosuavez »

looks good outerheaven i will try this out immediately ,good luck(nice to see you here)

Return to “Submissions”