Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[GAME] Silveredge (version 1.1)

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
AndrewYY

[GAME] Silveredge (version 1.1)

Post by AndrewYY »

I am very excited to announce the initial release of my 1-year project Silveredge, an original bullet curtain shooter for the PSP.

As this is, essentially, a one-man project, there are limits to how much I can achieve. All of the game resources (sprites, music, sounds, etc) are made by an amateur on his own free time. Please understand that when you don't see giant intricate mechs for bosses ;)

That being said, I am very proud of this game, and I have put a lot of work in polishing it to make the presentation as clean and slick as I can. Perhaps the best demo would be a quick gameplay montage:
Please voice any concerns to my email andrewafy@gmail.com, or pm me here.

Download Link: http://www.box.net/shared/plvtgo6sjp

Cheers, and happy gaming,
AndrewYY
Screenshots
Boss attack:

Main menu:

High score table:
Changelog
Version 1.1
- bugfix: game no longer lags on resume from sleep mode
- bugfix: options menu is a little more stable now
- feature: recompiled as prx
- feature: signed eboot.pbp
Version 1.0
- first release
Installation Instructions
Extract contents of the archive, and copy the "Silveredge" folder to /PSP/GAME/ on your memory stick.
Advertising
Last edited by AndrewYY on Tue May 31, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Silveredge: 2D bullet curtain shooter for Genesis Compo
Kasumi

Re: [RELEASE] Silveredge

Post by Kasumi »

Really slick game. It'd be nice to be able to disable the analog stick, though. Mine doesn't center, which makes one lose a lot in this game. Cool stuff.
Advertising
jerrmy12

Re: [GAME] Silveredge

Post by jerrmy12 »

same here, macrofire?
AndrewYY

Post by AndrewYY »

macrofire sounds like it can solve the issue, so I won't worry about adding the option.
Dman49

Post by Dman49 »

This is amazing! It looks like a game you would buy from the PSN!
PSP 3000 PRO-B6 - PSP GO PRO-B6
Creations: BeastieBox (1.3) ; Flat Paintball (1.0) ; HeroClix PSP (unreleased)
Necrofenser

Post by Necrofenser »

Man this game looks sic!!! Please found someone to make better sprites for your game! :D
moz

Post by moz »

i love it! now that i played it a bit it reminded me a lot of fren-ze a ps2 homebrew ^_^ and tohou pc games series
this is seriously good i really like it... i was amazed by little things like settings, the plot, the nice music and sounds effects graphic quality is nice, how the controls are explained and so on
[EDIT] i laughed so hard when ingame hikaru said: i swear, if i ever get out of this plane alive, i'll find that S#/% for brains developer and teach him how to make real bullet curtain games

i just noticed a little bug:
into the wind sounds in the background, it kinda stop for 0.001 seconds before repeating so i hear a weird buzz thru speakers/headphones wich is really annoying

about newer features what about extra challenge mode?
where a boss keep shooting random generated patterns of bullets and cannot be killed in any way... it will be cool to test our skills there, or just practice a bit to avoid bullets ^^ the more time we survive the faster the boss will shoot at us or something like this... and the best time will be saved as hi score

also i saw no power ups... the fighter already shoot a lot of bulltes.. looks like a laser... isn't it too easy like that? also endless missiles? why not making that after killing enemies little orbs came out and they are ammos for missiles launcher, so we need to collect something... i miss to collect orbs while avoiding tons of bullets while trying to keep shooting at enemies XD

Last thing, usually in danmaku shooters the player's weak point is just a little dot, or a tiny square on middle of player's sprite. bullets can touch the rest of your body without killing you. i love that in your game if a bullet touch you anywhere, YOU'RE DEAD. (edit i found out that plane's wings are not a weak point) only for this features i like your game more than kene-psp. i wanted something challenging and this game looks like it.

Again THANKYOU for this amazing game!

[PS] This game is so cool that if you use as icon0 the usual PSP Minis purple square with inside the picture of your jet fighter peoples will think is an official psn game XD
I'm on the scene from day one. I don't support piracy, homebrews are better
neur0n is awesome. way better than sony devs!
codestation plugins are the best!
http://neur0npsp.altervista.org ← ALL neur0n's releases!
moz

Post by moz »

psp crashed while playing this.
and i noticed that cool feature you've added, when a psp crash a blue screen pops out (reminds me of my old windows95) and tell us some useful data, also dump them with x button... awesome XD also i noticed that when we move to the bottom of the screen the green score & life bar become transparent and when the plane move forward fire came out ^^ many small thing makes your game an hi quality homebrew to me ^_^
another thing, i will translate it in italian for you, the text is funny and made me giggle... you can use it in a future release ^^

here's the dump of my crash

Exception details:

Exception - Address store
EPC - 08907560 / ect T.text + 00007524
Cause - 10000014
Status - 60008613
BadVAddr - 00000085
zr:00000000 at:DEADBEEF v0:00000023 v1:0894F5CC
a0:00006000 a1:0894F5D4 a2:DEADBEEF a3:DEADBEEF
t0:DEADBEEF t1:00000001 t2:DEADBEEF t3:DEADBEEF
t4:DEADBEEF t5:DEADBEEF t6:DEADBEEF t7:DEADBEEF
s0:09FBF588 s1:089562D0 s2:0000004A s3:00000000
s4:00000014 s5:00000000 s6:000000FF s7:00000028
t8:DEADBEEF t9:DEADBEEF k0:09FBFF00 k1:00000000
gp:08957160 sp:09FBF588 fp:000000FA ra:0890D370

i switched to 16 bit and played a bit on different difficulties to see if the game will slow down less when many many bullets on screen, and when i went back in setting and tried to go back on 32 bit but as soon as i selected them the game frooze.

psp 2004 with 6.39me2 (full ram access, 64mb i think)
I'm on the scene from day one. I don't support piracy, homebrews are better
neur0n is awesome. way better than sony devs!
codestation plugins are the best!
http://neur0npsp.altervista.org ← ALL neur0n's releases!
AndrewYY

Post by AndrewYY »

thanks for the crash report. It doesn't seem like a very game-breaking error since you saw it on the menu screen, but I'll take a look at it.

The blue screen is actually something wololo recommended me to use some time ago. It's not my own code, so I can't take any credit for it. It's certainly useful though.

And oh my gosh, you noticed the silly little things I did like the fading and the fire. When I made those features, I was always thinking "nobody will ever notice this." :lol:

By the way, can you beat this game on hard mode? As a rule, when I was making the levels, I made sure that I could beat easy mode without deaths, and normal mode without continues, and hard mode.. I have beaten every pattern at some point (to make sure it's possible), but I've never actually completed it.
DaAnimeOtaku

Post by DaAnimeOtaku »

ur dodging on the video was beast... =O
how did u so fine-tunely dodge those bullets...
please implement a guard/block/shield system cuz not everyone can dodge as good as you. :(
PSP 3002 - 4.20 → 5.51 → 6.20 → TN-A → TN-B → TN-C → 5.03 → GEN-C prome-4 → 6.20 → TN-C → TN-D → 6.35 → PRO-B2 → PRO-B3 → 6.20 → PRO-B4 → PRO-B5 → PRO-B6 → PRO-B7 → PRO-B8 → PRO-B9 → PRO-B10
Click here for pure awesomeness

Return to “Submissions”