Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[plugin] Monster Hunter Save Converter

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
svanheulen

[plugin] Monster Hunter Save Converter

Post by svanheulen »

This is a plugin I wrote for converting Monster Hunter characters to the different regions of the game because the usual way of converting characters is a major pain and requires a computer. There are a lot of hardcore Monster Hunter fans out there that buy the Japanese versions (since they come out way before the English versions) so there's often a need to convert a characters between regions. This plugin makes it really easy and you can do everything on your PSP without having to copy files between you computer or edit anything by hand.

I originally wrote this plugin specifically for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite but for the competition I expanded it to work with all Monster Hunter games released to date. I also originally used memory positions commonly found in other conversion methods but for this update I found the exact values used by each game. I did a lot of disassembling/reversing to find exactly how the game copies the character data to the save files. I wanted to be sure that my plugin gets all the character info and also doesn't copy anything extra that might cause problems.

This is an open source project that I distribute under the BSD license.

You can view the source, view the readme and report issues here: https://github.com/svanheulen/mhsc/tree/genesis-entry
The compiled version can be downloaded here: https://github.com/downloads/svanheulen ... c-0.2g.zip

Edit: added screen shot of the menu
Advertising
Attachments
menu screen shot
menu screen shot
mhsc.png (1.71 KiB) Viewed 13517 times
shakan09

Re: [plugin] Monster Hunter Save Converter

Post by shakan09 »

can this transfer a freedom unite character to mhp3?
Advertising
psp 1001 6.39 ME-9.1 (+.[___]·:·) macfag
svanheulen

Post by svanheulen »

shakan09 wrote:can this transfer a freedom unite character to mhp3?
No, that's not possible. It only converts between regions. As an example you could convert a Monster Hunter Freedom 2 character to Monster Hunter Portable 2nd.
DaAnimeOtaku

Post by DaAnimeOtaku »

so its like save game deemer but its restricted to only converting gmaes for monster hunter? o.O
PSP 3002 - 4.20 → 5.51 → 6.20 → TN-A → TN-B → TN-C → 5.03 → GEN-C prome-4 → 6.20 → TN-C → TN-D → 6.35 → PRO-B2 → PRO-B3 → 6.20 → PRO-B4 → PRO-B5 → PRO-B6 → PRO-B7 → PRO-B8 → PRO-B9 → PRO-B10
Click here for pure awesomeness
svanheulen

Post by svanheulen »

DaAnimeOtaku wrote:so its like save game deemer but its restricted to only converting gmaes for monster hunter? o.O
No. First off, Deemer would require you to use a computer or a separate file explorer homebrew to move the files around. Secondly, the newer Monster Hunter games (2G/Unite and 3rd) have another layer of encryption before the save file encryption so using Deemer wont give you interchangeable saves for those games. The usually method for converting 2G/Unite saves is using Freecheat to dump memory, copy it to your computer, use an app to convert it or hex edit it a bit, copy it back to your PSP, then use Freecheat to load it back into memory. My plugin does all of that for you without the need to use any other software/hardware.
DaAnimeOtaku

Post by DaAnimeOtaku »

svanheulen wrote:
DaAnimeOtaku wrote:so its like save game deemer but its restricted to only converting gmaes for monster hunter? o.O
No. First off, Deemer would require you to use a computer or a separate file explorer homebrew to move the files around. Secondly, the newer Monster Hunter games (2G/Unite and 3rd) have another layer of encryption before the save file encryption so using Deemer wont give you interchangeable saves for those games. The usually method for converting 2G/Unite saves is using Freecheat to dump memory, copy it to your computer, use an app to convert it or hex edit it a bit, copy it back to your PSP, then use Freecheat to load it back into memory. My plugin does all of that for you without the need to use any other software/hardware.
ooooh. k. well gl. :)
PSP 3002 - 4.20 → 5.51 → 6.20 → TN-A → TN-B → TN-C → 5.03 → GEN-C prome-4 → 6.20 → TN-C → TN-D → 6.35 → PRO-B2 → PRO-B3 → 6.20 → PRO-B4 → PRO-B5 → PRO-B6 → PRO-B7 → PRO-B8 → PRO-B9 → PRO-B10
Click here for pure awesomeness
svanheulen

Post by svanheulen »

DaAnimeOtaku wrote:ooooh. k. well gl. :)
There's a lot of cool entries, not sure I stand much chance, haha.
npt
VIP

Post by npt »

Very cool. It's nice to not have to leave one's psp to transfer, and as someone who imported #2 and #3, I thank you for this. : )

Welcome to the competition!

Regards,

npt
:ugeek:
flofrucht

Post by flofrucht »

Thanks, gonna test this with my old mhf2 save :mrgreen: .
twitter.com/flofrucht
PSPDev and scener
svanheulen

Post by svanheulen »

npt wrote:Very cool. It's nice to not have to leave one's psp to transfer, and as someone who imported #2 and #3, I thank you for this. : )

Welcome to the competition!

Regards,

npt
:ugeek:
Thank you!
flofrucht wrote:Thanks, gonna test this with my old mhf2 save :mrgreen: .
Cool! Let me know how it works :)

Return to “Submissions”