Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[GAME] G.D.P. [Updated] 28/May

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
mrstaplez

Re: [GAME] G.D.P.

Post by mrstaplez »

DO A BARREL ROLL!
Advertising
poisonedhrt

Post by poisonedhrt »

lol!!! more effects, more random distractions, cant wait for the updates
Advertising
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

This looks insanely good.
Silver PSP-2001 (TA-085 v2) PRO-B10 CFW 6.20
If you're going to stick with an OFW, stick with 6.20.

P.S. My avatar is a picture of my dog, scaled down.
DeViaNTe

Post by DeViaNTe »

mrstaplez wrote:DO A BARREL ROLL!
At last! Was waiting for a comment saying something like that since the first message! Really I was inspired by that game.. :D
lucksoar

Post by lucksoar »

This is a fun game, even as a demo I've been wasting a lot of time with this. Diffidently a contender in the competition, good luck!
Due to the lack of people that care about my sig, I'm going to write notes to myself here instead.

Don't forget about the meeting at 4:30
Get milk
Necrofenser

Post by Necrofenser »

Wooow! Game is so great!!! I love it!
Please add boss fights, more different enemies, more weapons and ship upgrades. Also try to randomize levels. Gameplay video looks great, but it's repeatable.

PS: What G.D.P means? :D
DeViaNTe

Post by DeViaNTe »

I apprecciate all your comments, and I'm working hard to upgrade this project all I can! Some improvements were done as responses to all your oppinions and suggestions!

Improvements done so far:
- New language: French!
- Better management of scenarios, (only 10-12 secs of loading time), cause decorations and obstacles are now randomized, so the scenario will have a little more randomness.
- Better looking scenarios: Trees, houses, and other decorations randomized added.
- Climatic lighting effects: Sunset, Daylight, Night ( going only with spotlights on the ship ).
- Multiplayer Arcade CO-OP mode: I'm working on a server, written in Perl, and I will host one server for the multiplayer arcade mode, that will be scenarios in randomness, fully of enemies, a "survive" mode alike but two players over wifi. (25% done, two players already on screen, movement a little bit rought at this point).
- Enemies, Objects, even decorations fully programmable, can now do patterns of movements, randomize them...
- Game will be fully Open Source, fully commented, even the Server code. Anyone who wants can view the source code, and learn how the things were done.

Further improvements (planned for this week and next one):
- Read the server from a file in the memory stick, so, everyone can host a server, and invite their friends. Instructions will be included.
- Yeah, more enemies, more weapons, more ships to select, more scenarios.
- Bosses! Even dogfight with some enemies...
- Upgradable levels in weapons, buying ammunition between escenarios. Points earned in every level.
- Achievements / Trophys: In-game achievements and trophys.

So, other comments, suggestions and flames are welcomed, soon I will post a more advanced demo, or the full game, If i can!
npt
VIP

Post by npt »

Wow. Incredible entry!!

Oh, and, Welcome to the competition!

Apologies for the late reply.. :D

This is one of the coolest games I've seen as a homebrew yet, not just in the competition, but ever.

Nice entry!

Regards,

npt
:geek:
wassgha

Post by wassgha »

Good homebrew (looks official), but don't stop upgrading it. And I think if you follow what you wrote you'll get the first place.
DeViaNTe wrote:I apprecciate all your comments, and I'm working hard to upgrade this project all I can! Some improvements were done as responses to all your oppinions and suggestions!

Improvements done so far:
- New language: French!
- Better management of scenarios, (only 10-12 secs of loading time), cause decorations and obstacles are now randomized, so the scenario will have a little more randomness.
- Better looking scenarios: Trees, houses, and other decorations randomized added.
- Climatic lighting effects: Sunset, Daylight, Night ( going only with spotlights on the ship ).
- Multiplayer Arcade CO-OP mode: I'm working on a server, written in Perl, and I will host one server for the multiplayer arcade mode, that will be scenarios in randomness, fully of enemies, a "survive" mode alike but two players over wifi. (25% done, two players already on screen, movement a little bit rought at this point).
- Enemies, Objects, even decorations fully programmable, can now do patterns of movements, randomize them...
- Game will be fully Open Source, fully commented, even the Server code. Anyone who wants can view the source code, and learn how the things were done.

Further improvements (planned for this week and next one):
- Read the server from a file in the memory stick, so, everyone can host a server, and invite their friends. Instructions will be included.
- Yeah, more enemies, more weapons, more ships to select, more scenarios.
- Bosses! Even dogfight with some enemies...
- Upgradable levels in weapons, buying ammunition between escenarios. Points earned in every level.
- Achievements / Trophys: In-game achievements and trophys.

So, other comments, suggestions and flames are welcomed, soon I will post a more advanced demo, or the full game, If i can!
azndiabolo

Post by azndiabolo »

This is really spectacular. I don't quite know what to say. I'm working on a little something myself, but I'm such an amateur coder. I really can't wait to learn from your open source code and see what comes of your game. Some awesome mechanics and great style/presentation. The game is smooth and really something special. One thing I might say is that the hit-detection seems wonky due to a lack of a sure way of telling where you're firing and also, a rapid/repeat firing system where you just hold down a button would be nice, but other than that, just wow. Keep up the great work, and I hope to contact you through PM with more questions/comments soon! :D

Return to “Submissions”