Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[APP] FanFiction.Net Browser

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
Baconation

Re: [APP] FanFiction.Net Browser

Post by Baconation »

Cool app, only problem is that when reading some of the text falls off the screen. It is very annoying, i hope you can add a left/right scroll or a way to make the text fit on the screen.
Advertising
flofrucht

Post by flofrucht »

cool app, some bugs but its nice :)
Advertising
twitter.com/flofrucht
PSPDev and scener
Coldbird
Guru

Post by Coldbird »

You should grab the Signing SDK from bbtg, and update your PSPSDK with it... this way, your PSPSDK makefile will take care of signing it everytime you recompile.

About your entry in general, I love this idea, I read a lot on fanfiction.net and to be honest it's a big pain browsing with the PSP netfront browser, so this is VERY welcome by myself.

About the GUI, as has been said before, it could need a bit of retouch but I'm sure you will improve this homebrew a lot as time goes by.

Overall, you get a thumb up from me.
PSP N-1000 ✔ / 6.20 PRO NIGHTLY ✔ / PRO ONLINE ✔
The_Black_Panther

Post by The_Black_Panther »

Coldbird wrote: I love this idea, I read a lot on fanfiction.net and to be honest it's a big pain browsing with the PSP netfront browser, so this is VERY welcome by myself.
Same from here. That website contains lot of good stuff. So, using your app makes it easy to brows the contents there. Nice app. 8-)
PSP 3004, 4G || 6.20-> 6.31-> 6.31 PRO-> Thank you Davee -> 6.20-> 6.20 TN-D-> 6.20 TN-E/TN-Extended/Pro B10 :D

And I love Game Categories Lite. I have more than 30 Homebrews in my Homebrew Games folder.
mrstaplez

Post by mrstaplez »

fanfiction.net...where you can read fan **** about Edward Cullen and goodness knows what else!
criptych

Post by criptych »

@nisarg_kolhe: I'm wondering if it might be related to the "blanking" bug mentioned in the README... at least the first part, I don't know what could make one button act like another, though. I'll see what I can do, but I've only got one system to test on, and it's very likely you've got a different model and/or firmware, either of which may be causing the problem. If you're running CFW, you could also try turning off any plug-ins and see if that helps.
EDIT: I finally saw the first part of your report in action, but only briefly. It seemed like maybe I was hitting right+down by accident, though. Still no evidence of the other problem.

@toBsucht: I understand, I was just joking about my bad timing - releasing an update about the same time you posted the signed version. Sorry if it sounded otherwise.

@Baconation: Yes, stories with very long titles will do that in the title bar or list boxes. I wondered about adding the capability for multiline list items, but scrolling is a great idea, and probably easier to implement. 8-) (Plus works for the title bar too!)

@flofrucht, Coldbird, The_Black_Panther: Thanks! :D I agree about the Netfront browser; better than no browser at all, but still the main reason I started this - so I wouldn't need to use it.

@Coldbird: I haven't updated my SDK in a while, since the PS2DEV SVN hasn't been working, I'll take a look at it. In a separate project, I'm working on totally rebuilding the GUI system, going for a "PSN Store" look-and-feel; it's coming along well, but probably won't be done in time for the compo.

@mrstaplez: Yes, well, I did mention "garbage." It's not my fault that some of the canon material also falls into that category. :P
PSP-2001 // CFW 6.60 ME-1.2 and GCLite // Genesis Competition Entry
"So, we meet again: for the first time, for the last time." —Spaceballs
npt
VIP

Post by npt »

Nice! I will definitely make use of this. Very cool entry!

Regards,

npt
:ugeek:
Benjamin999

Post by Benjamin999 »

Coldbird wrote:You should grab the Signing SDK from bbtg, and update your PSPSDK with it... this way, your PSPSDK makefile will take care of signing it everytime you recompile.

About your entry in general, I love this idea, I read a lot on fanfiction.net and to be honest it's a big pain browsing with the PSP netfront browser, so this is VERY welcome by myself.

About the GUI, as has been said before, it could need a bit of retouch but I'm sure you will improve this homebrew a lot as time goes by.

Overall, you get a thumb up from me.
I think you mean the PRXencrypter from bbtgp :D . A small mistake :P.
Genesis compo entries: iDrum && Platorm Portable
PSP 1000 5.00 m33-6 && PSP 2000 5.50 GEN-D3 && PSP Go 6.35 PRO-B3 with broken screen...
criptych

Post by criptych »

Updated! See first post.
PSP-2001 // CFW 6.60 ME-1.2 and GCLite // Genesis Competition Entry
"So, we meet again: for the first time, for the last time." —Spaceballs

Return to “Submissions”