Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

HomebrewStore 2.50 LP "Avalon"

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
Dman49

Re: HomebrewStore 2.50

Post by Dman49 »

afrothunder wrote:
Dman49 wrote:There are only 5 pages of Genesis Comp games there, not including my app T.T . Do you plan to update?
only 5 pages is 20 items

Content updates happen 2-3 times per week usually.

If your Genesis submission is OFW compatible and passes our testing procedures it will be on the Store soon(unless your content happens to be fairly old and yet is still missing, in which case I suggest you submit your content manually through the HomebrewStore site, you should get a response in under a week).

Updates take a while, the system is not automated and all content is compatibility tested.
Well my final revision was the 28th (BeastieBox by Dman49)
Advertising
PSP 3000 PRO-B6 - PSP GO PRO-B6
Creations: BeastieBox (1.3) ; Flat Paintball (1.0) ; HeroClix PSP (unreleased)
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

A heads up for HomebrewStore users.

An update (may be a LivePatch, may be a new version) will be coming in the next few days that greatly improves store navigational speeds when accessing already visited areas. This speed increase will persist between launches of the HomebrewStore.

In addition, access speed to the Store Network should be improved.
Advertising
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

Some news..

1) HomebrewStore has now reached over one hundred thousand uses. Once again, a huge thank you to all of the HomebrewStore users out there.
2) The mass upload and updating of all Genesis content is happening now so look out for that.

Note: Depending on demand, the HomebrewStore may falter under the load of users obtaining Genesis content while this content is being uploaded en masse. If you find the store inaccessible, wait a few minutes and try again.
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

All games submitted and accepted to the Genesis competition, that tested OFW compatible, are now available on HomebrewStore! All games that were previously on the HomebrewStore from the Genesis competition should be updated to their latest versions.

The upload of all OFW compatible applications from the Genesis competition will begin later today.
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

All applications that were submitted and accepted to the Genesis competition, tested OFW compatible, and met HomebrewStore policies are now available on HomebrewStore!

This should conclude the Genesis competition uploads (except for new updates to already submitted items of course)(be sure to let us know if you think we missed one as well :P ).

The Genesis Comp. category will remain available at least until the results of the competition are announced. Afterwards, a special category for winners of the competition will be up for a short time in its place. After the category removal, items that were in it can still be found in the generic category for their content (Games, Applications, etc.).

The Genesis Comp. submission text on item descriptions will stay even when the category is removed, in addition, winners will have a special text stating their position in the competition.
SolidCakeS

Post by SolidCakeS »

Really Cool!!
Will my homebrew be added to the store, too?
would make me happy ;)
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

SolidCakeS wrote:Really Cool!!
Will my homebrew be added to the store, too?
would make me happy ;)
Oops, looks like we missed that one :oops:

You should find it on the store within a day or so(assuming, of course, that it passes testing).
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

Here's another somewhat milestone post to tide over before the update that greatly improves store navigation times(it is coming eventually :lol: )

As of the time of this posting HomebrewStore has served 24,946 individual devices and has had a total of 111,775 uses.
As a general rule, in any given 24 hour period HomebrewStore serves content to about 800 unique users, but that number can go as far as over 1000.

We are still looking to partner up with homebrew developers as well, in case any developer out there is looking for a fairly stable content distribution and update provisioning service to use within his or her software.
kouzelnik3

Post by kouzelnik3 »

HomebrewStore is great app, where I am downloaded and installed too many homebrews. But I have an idea. That idea is, you can create category named maybe "CFW/HEN/PRO" or something else. And to this category you can add 5.03, 5.50, 6.20 PRO CFW, some HEN and these custom firmwares. Or, when you do not want, you can create own store, named something like "CFW Store" or something else and to this shop, you can move those HENs, PRO CFWs etc. Do you understand? It can be good for some peoples. :)

Is it good idea or no?

SRRY for my bad english, I am from Czech.
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

LivePatch 6221435 is now being sent to all PSP clients upon connecting to the HomebrewStore.

LivePatch 6221435 reduces the loading time for viewing category pages that contain items you have already seen listed significantly.
Try browsing forward a few pages in a category, and then go back to the beginning. You will notice that going back, and even forward again through all of the pages you have already seen is significantly faster than the first load.

A new HomebrewStore update, currently scheduled to be 2.60, will feature more loading time reductions like this in many more places. These loading time reductions will not impact important qualities of HomebrewStore, such as being able to see new content without restarting the store.

As always, we are interested to hear feedback from HomebrewStore users about things we should add, change, or remove and we are also always interested to talk with homebrew developers about how HomebrewStore can help them and their projects.

---------------------------

kouzelnik3 wrote:HomebrewStore is great app, where I am downloaded and installed too many homebrews. But I have an idea. That idea is, you can create category named maybe "CFW/HEN/PRO" or something else. And to this category you can add 5.03, 5.50, 6.20 PRO CFW, some HEN and these custom firmwares. Or, when you do not want, you can create own store, named something like "CFW Store" or something else and to this shop, you can move those HENs, PRO CFWs etc. Do you understand? It can be good for some peoples. :)

Is it good idea or no?

SRRY for my bad english, I am from Czech.
It is a good idea, and it has even been suggested multiple times. However, at this time we would like to develop HomebrewStore into the best content distribution service for OFW content possible, and will then look into other kinds of content after we believe we have mastered this much smaller goal. We also do not have the capability to support two separate stores.

Return to “Submissions”