Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[GAME] B-Gen v0.2

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
nakano

Re: [GAME] B-Gen v0.2

Post by nakano »

Do you still have any plans to finish this game (PSP or PC)? I remember this game was rather interesting in concept.
Advertising
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
okapako

Post by okapako »

Hi Nakano,

Sorry for the late reply.

You can download the PC/Mac versions of the game from here:
http://bgengame.blogspot.com/

The PC/Mac version was ported from the PSP version, and had a few new features added in.

Thanks!
Advertising
nakano

Re: [GAME] B-Gen v0.3 PC

Post by nakano »

No problem. Thank you for replying and the PC port! I just tested it and have a few comments:
* Could you add keyboard support for moving? It would be nicer to play with keyboard.
* I assume this has the same levels as PSP version. Are you eventually adding the missing levels?
* I don't remember there were checkpoints in the PSP version. I think it's a worthy addition and probably makes the game a little easier to beat. On the other hand for the guys who wants challenge, this could be optional (the challenge made me keep trying and trying and finally succeeding). For example, two difficulty modes 1) with checkpoints and 2) without them.
* The game crashes with 64-bit Windows 7. The game does start up, create the temporary files but closes immediately after this. The reason might be 32bit SDL.dll?
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
okapako

Post by okapako »

Thanks for the great feedback!

Keyboard support - not sure if the arrow keys in just four directions is sufficient to express any direction which can be expressed with the mouse. But it's worth some experimentation! We'll test it out and see if the game is still playable with just arrow keys.
Missing levels - The plan is to add the missing levels soon. But before that, we wanted to implement some new features and new types of matter which will feature in the missing levels.
Difficulty modes - That's great feedback, we'll make a note of that. However, a lot of people tell us the game is too hard to beat even with the checkpoints!
64-bit Windows 7 - On 64-bit Windows 8, it works fine. We've not tested yet with Windows 7; thanks for the report!

Thanks!
matX34

Post by matX34 »

I'll try it :-D
It looks very addicting (not sure 4 this word) and very promising. Nice work :-)
Keep my english away, I'm french bro! :-D
PSPPlayer since ever and for ever. :)

Return to “Submissions”