How exactly do you launch games from this shell? They don't appear in the game folder(only homebrews do) and in the other folders, game 6.xx, etc, i can see the iso's but can't launch them.
I shall implement that in a future version.
Good luck for future releases, this looks great nice.
Thanks. ???Danke. Merci. ??????
the custom wallpaper work, you must activate it in the system menu and exityng the app with home (press it and keep it pressed)..
create a shortcut is simple! just create a file like this
rename as "nameyouwant.shlk" and put it in SHELL/favourites/system or SHELL/favourites/photo etc...
Awesome short tutorial!
been waiting for a app like this tho vshloader doesnt work for me so i added my own and gona add etc a loader to get back onto the shell
If you want to put that out here for others to use, feel free. This is what SHELL is about!
To exit the Launched XMB, hold "L + SELECT + START".
Also, no problem.
My dream, was to make something like this... 10/1 star to this.
Your dream come true.
Just remember, you can make this THE BEST DREAM for you and everyone else. You can do it in many ways: themes, translations, plugins, SHELL LINKS, etc.
Here is my contribution..
You, mate, are just too kind and a great role model. I thank you for this contribution to other users and SHELL.
Oh great I didn't know you had to hold it nor did I know you have to exit the app in order for the custom wallpaper to take effect! works now Thanks
I am glad it worked out for you and no problem.
I have encountered some bugs/problems though
1. image files on picture folder are shown but cannot be previewed.
2. pressing X on the empty Video folder caused a crash
3. ISO games are shown but cannot be launched
4. Homebrews and PSN games are launched fine from the shell but crashes the psp when quitting the game/app
5. Music files are shown and are playable....but I cant pause or quit playback once the mp3 is already playing...
6.while a music file is already playing, you can play another file....so you can have 2 music files playing simultaneously
well, thats what i just encountered, I am not purposely looking for bugs. Maybe its just me? I'm running 6.20 Pro B5 perma on PSP3001 3G
If the CFW/HEN is decent (i.e. runs homebrew), it should run SHELL fine.
Regarding your observations:
1. Yes, image viewing is planned for the future.
2. I will investigate into that. This should not happen. If you can send a PM with more details to reproduce this crash, please do so. Note: SHELL may not work under certain CFW plugins, so please disable plugins before submitting/confirming a bug.
3. This will be addressed a future release.
4. This is appearing on a few PSPs, I have no idea why at the moment but will look into the problem.
5. Yes, there is no actual music player at the moment. A future release will have the music player for controlling audio playback.
6. Similar to point 5, since there is no actual music player, audio playback cannot be controlled. A future release will have the music player and will allow audio playback control and thus preventing two or more simultaneous audio tracks playing on top of each other.
I hope these responses will satisfy your observations and they are valued as they help to further improve SHELL in the future and for the benefit of other users.
Some suggestions for you -
1. When we press down button and keep pressing it doesn't scrolls so if we have many files it too difficult,see to it
2. We can't pause or even stop music from playing, Thats also is an problem.
3. ISO loading doesn't works...
4. You can add UMD video support as current CFWs doesn't support it.
All over its a nice shell and a great replacemnt for XMB.I was waiting just for somthing like this!Hope you will improve it more!
I shall respond to your suggestions to the best of my ability.
1. Scroll does indeed work, simply hold down the Digital pad Down Key and it will scroll.
2. Yes, there is no actual music player at the moment. A future release will have the music player for controlling audio playback.
3. This will be addressed a future release.
4. This suggestion for a feature will be considered and I thank you for your thought.
I have answered all the queries and suggestions to the best of my ability.
Feel free to ask more questions and keep those contributions coming!
Enjoy SHELL and let us all look forward to the next release.