Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[WIP][DEMO] SquareForce chapter 1

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
Akabane87

Re: [WIP][DEMO] SquareForce chapter 1

Post by Akabane87 »

Here is the no_sound version (with my new on demand texture loader functional) :
SquareForce : Chapter 1 Demo (No_Sound)
SquareForce : Chapter 1 Demo (Sound) (potentially bugged with mp3 in the intro)

New features :
- new planet texture loader system completely functionnal :
All the planet's textures are loaded in a separate thread during the game. As planets are very far from each others, only one plent can be displayed in the same time. This is why I implemented such a system, in order to not load all planets' textures needed in the sector at the begining of the game (the ram wouldn't be sufficient for this).
Advertising
Akabane87

Re: [WIP][DEMO] SquareForce chapter 1

Post by Akabane87 »

I finally succeed in remove the crazy random crash :D . I tested this version for 20min : quitting and restarting the game in loop. So normally this version should be crash free but do not hesitate to post here your blue screen content if a crash happened.

For thoses who want to know why it crashed : this bug is for me one of the most epic ones. It was just a float value used to calculate a sort of zoom which was used to calculate a distance (recalculated each frame after that) without beeing initialized (was inititialized just a few lines after so I didn't noticed it). This stupid thing caused this monstruous crash you know :oops: .

So here is the first crash free release with sound, multithreaded loader and all the stuff activated. Enjoy :ugeek: :
SquareForce : Chapter 1 Demo (r40)
Advertising

Return to “Submissions”