Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Plugin] PRXshot 0.4.0

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
pietro025

Re: [Plugin] PRXshot

Post by pietro025 »

I found a bug with the 0.1.2 version. I'm using OpenIdea Loader 0.2 beta 4 to play SSX on Tour but when the plugin is activated the game doesn't start. If people are wondering how does OI 0.2 beta 4 work for me, I'm using aLoader to open it. With the other games it's working. Still a great plugin.
Advertising
640509 040147
aqualisschock

Post by aqualisschock »

Hm. still had the make PSP/SCREENSHOT myself. on 0.1.3
Advertising
PSP Model : PSP 3004 Firmware : 6.20 -> 6.35 -> 6.35 PRO-A4 -> 6.35 PRO-B3
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

@aqualisschock: yeah, i just added an mkdir with the directory name and published right away without testing, in my defense i was slightly drunk and was very late when i did that :lol:

@pietro025, the bug probably happens because the open idea plugin gets loaded in user mode and my plugin thinks that is the game, probably gonna get fixed if i add the name of the OIL module to my blacklist. (gonna check this later, i havent more time today to make another downgrade to 6.20)
maric110884 wrote: nice im looking for it.coz i dont like the note activation. tnx in advance
There you go :D
v0.2.0:
Removed trailing "/" so the directory creation don't fail.
New configuration file (prxshot.ini) so now you can configure some things
like background use for picture folders, change the button combo to take
the screenshot and the suffix/prefix of the picture file.
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
inpixies

Post by inpixies »

I've been waiting for this all day. Thanks, now is officially my favorite screenshot plugin, after been using SSPSP for more than 2 years.

One question does or will work with POPS?. I haven't time to test it with POPS.
PSP-1001 6.60 PRO-B9
Steven

Post by Steven »

very nice keep up the good work....
tomatofarmer

Post by tomatofarmer »

A couple of requests if you feel up to it..

WHICH MEDIA TO SAVE TO
-----------------------------------------------
- allow the user to choose the storage media to save to (either memory stick or internal memory)
or
- default the storage media to the same media where PRXshot is installed

(I have PRXshot installed on memory stick on my PSP Go but it insists on saving to internal memory) ((I didn't know that it was working initially because the memory stick light was not flashing..)

WHERE TO SAVE TO
- fix bug with updating folder with recent screenshots
or
- allow user to use PICTURE folder instead of custom SCREENSHOT folder

I noticed that sometimes the SCREENSHOT folder isn't always updated when new screenshots are taken (when viewed through the XMB). (If you view the physical folder through USB they are there...)

Maybe this is a bug in the implementation of the SCREENSHOT folder? Is there a command to refresh the cache of the current contents that wasn't called? Could using the PICTURE folder instead avoid this bug?

PNG SUPPORT
- allow the option to save as PNG instead of BMP for users that wish to have PNG screenshots.
Rapier838

Post by Rapier838 »

It's working just fine with aLoader for me, and it's not messing with homebrew programs at all, so apparently most of the compatibility issues I saw mentioned before are as good as gone.
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

tomatofarmer wrote:A couple of requests if you feel up to it..

WHICH MEDIA TO SAVE TO
- allow the user to choose the storage media to save to (either memory stick or internal memory)
or
- default the storage media to the same media where PRXshot is installed

(I have PRXshot installed on memory stick on my PSP Go but it insists on saving to internal memory) ((I didn't know that it was working initially because the memory stick light was not flashing..)
Currently it tries to save into the internal memory if a PSPGo is detected, but as i dont have a Go i need confirmation that it merges the content of ms0:/PSP/SCREENSHOT and ef0:/PSP/SCREENSHOT when viewed in the XMB (there is no point to save in in the ms0 if the screenshots aren't gonna show in the Go). If you can check this i would be happy to add the default storage option in the prxshot.ini.
tomatofarmer wrote: WHERE TO SAVE TO
- fix bug with updating folder with recent screenshots
That only occurs in the XMB because the PSP tries to maintain a cache of the viewed folders/files (note the the cache is dropped if you check another folder like savedata or games or activate usb mode). If i find some code to force the cache update in the XMB when a screenshot is taken then i'll add it.
tomatofarmer wrote: or
- allow user to use PICTURE folder instead of custom SCREENSHOT folder
Sorry, the SCREENSHOT folder is an official one (the games that have official screenshot support stores the pictures in that folder) and the PSCM.DAT that is used to display the name and icon doesn't work outside that folder.
tomatofarmer wrote: PNG SUPPORT
------------------------------------------------
allow the option to save as PNG instead of BMP for users that wish to have PNG screenshots.
I'll have to test if is enough fast to create the png before the next frame comes (because i dont pause the game if the png creation is too slow the vram could have been updated in the middle of the png file).

@Steven, nice GIF (the right one ,of course ;) )
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
pietro025

Post by pietro025 »

I've tested the 0.2.1 version with SSX On Tour with OIL and it's not working yet. Still a great plugin. I like the way my 51 screensots of Midnight Club L.A. is organized.
640509 040147
inpixies

Post by inpixies »

I just test it with POPS ans it isn't compatible. Could you make it work with POPS, please!?. Hope you fine the time to add this option.
PSP-1001 6.60 PRO-B9

Return to “Submissions”