This is a screenshot plugin that doesn't need to pause the game to take the capture (useful for avoid lag disconnects on online/adhoc gaming) and classifies the images per game using their name and icons (just like the very few games that come with native screenshot support).
- [+]Implemented key timeout, so now you can add some delay to the screenshot
button so doesn't interfere with the normal game operation.
- [!]Internal change: rewrote the plugin in C++
- [!]Fixed the known issue of taking a screenshot while the aLoader is
launching an ISO (only for the C++ branch)
- [+]Added the option to set your custom screenshot key per game.
- [!]Major rewrite to the hook core (removed the asm payload code), so it avoids the crashes in 6.20 TN + loaders (i hate those loaders, really >_<).[/*]
- [!]Moved the comments of the prxshot.ini to the readme for more readibility. [b]v0.2.4:[/b]
- [!]Fixed the bug introduced in 0.2.3 that didn't detect the settings
in the .ini file.
- [!]Fixed bug with homebrew not properly detected in PSPGo using the
- [+]Added support for eLoader (1.50 eboot loader)
- [+]Recreate the XMB folder if is deleted.
- [!]Fixed nasty bug that causes a crash when taking very early screenshots
(Note that you can't take screenshots on loaders because the game isn't
loaded yet, a special folder is gonna be added for this in the future)
- [+]Added option XMBClearCache to the prxshot.ini. While this updates the picture
directory when taking screenshots in the XMB i recommend that is better
to leave it disabled because it causes troubles with game categories.
- [+]Added more debug messages. [b]v0.2.2:[/b]
- Added support for POPS (PSone games support).
- Added support for storing the screenshots into the M2 in the PSPGo.
- Added logging and made it conditional on build when compiling from source.
- Fixed bug with XMB icon creation introduced in 0.2.0. [b]v0.2.1:[/b]
- Added OIL to blacklist. [b]v0.2.0:[/b]
- Removed trailing "/" so the directory creation don't fail.
- New configuration file (prxshot.ini) so now you can configure some things
like background use for picture folders, change the button combo to take
the screenshot and the suffix/prefix of the picture file.
- Create /PSP/SCREENSHOT in case it doesn't exists [b]v0.1.2:[/b]
- Rewrote asm payload code (doesn't need memory allocation anymore so hopefully the issues with 6.20 / aLoader are finally fixed) [b]v0.1.1:[/b]
- Fixes bugs with 6.20 TN and/or aLoader
The plugin stores the screenshot in BMP format inside:
for umd/iso games or:
>> /PSP/SCREENSHOT/PS<8-byte sha1sum of the title>/pic_XXXX.bmp
for homebrew or games in PBP format (because the homebrews have the same GAME_ID ¬_¬).
Copy the prxshot directory to the seplugins directory (or anywhere you want) and add the plugin to the game.txt file (and/or vsh.txt if you want to).
The prxshot directory comes with these files:
- prxshot.prx: the plugin
- default_icon0.png: optional default icon to use for those homebrews without icon (you can make your own image, just try to maintain the same dimensions)
- xmb.sfo: template to make folder icon for screenshots in VSH mode.
- prxshot.ini: configuration file
How to use it: press the NOTE button to take a screenshot. You can configure it to a different button(s) globally or per game.
I made the plugin open sourced because its a pain when the plugins stop working in a CFW revision and one cant do anything about it except to apply reverse engineering to the code to try to fix it.
Thanks to Coldbird for the hints on how to make an asm payload inject for my plugin .
Download: 0.4.0 0.3.0 0.2.4 0.2.3 0.2.2 0.2.1 0.2.0 0.1.3 0.1.2 0.1.1 0.1
Source code: https://github.com/codestation/prxshot
Debug version (0.4.0): https://github.com/downloads/codestatio ... rxshot.prx Install the normal version then replace the prx with this one. Attach the generated prxshot.log to your post if you want to help.
Debug version C++ (0.4.0): https://github.com/downloads/codestatio ... shot++.prx Install the normal version then replace the prx with this one. Attach the generated prxshot.log to your post if you want to help.
C version: Tested in PSP-2000/3000 with 5.00 m33, 5.50 gen, 6.20/6.35 Pro-B5, 6.20 HEN TN-E so some feedback in other models/cfw is appreciated.
C++ version: Tested in PSP-2000 with 6.20/6.35 Pro-B5