Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP Idoser

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
Duende68

PSP Idoser

Post by Duende68 »

PSP Idoser is a homebrew that offers different sound files that are heard through headphones for about thirty minutes, produces effects similar to those of different drugs. They assert that prompts the brain to feel calm, euphoria, sedation and hallucinations occur as the real drug but lowered doses.

The author and the page don't responsible for any damage, the homebrew you use it at your own risk to be aware of the effects it causes.

Author: Duende68.

Description:

As noted above is an application through sound effects, mimics the effect produced by certain drugs on the nervous system, of course, this homebrew are not at risk.

To be effective, we need to hear sounds from 30 to 45 minutes with headphones on, if the homebrew does not work, try different doses of time without going over 45 minutes, as it can be counterproductive.

Can mimic the following drugs:

- Marijuana.
- Peyote.
- Opium.
- Cocaine.

Note: The author does not recommend the use of homebrew on minors, or persons with a history of epilepsy
Controls:

- D-Pad: Navigate through the options.
- X: Select.
- O: Back.
- L Trigger: Go to PSP Relax *

*: This only if you have the homebrew on the Memory Stick.

Download Single Version

http://www.multiupload.com/XYNSJ8Z2KX
Advertising
Last edited by Duende68 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pasarel

Re: PSP Idoser

Post by Pasarel »

Are you trying to make us dependent of your homebrew?!
Advertising
Excuse me while I kiss the sky
Duende68

Post by Duende68 »

Pasarel wrote:Are you trying to make us dependent of your homebrew?!
Sorry do not speak very well English.It's okay.
Sand3r

Post by Sand3r »

No offense, but this really can't work, can it? You just can't get high listening to some weird noises :)
Nonetheless, it's quite a funny concept.
* PSP 3004 - 6.35 PRO B5
* Creator of CubeMania - Genesis competition 2011
ultimakillz
Retired Mod

Post by ultimakillz »

Sand3r wrote:No offense, but this really can't work, can it? You just can't get high listening to some weird noises :)
Nonetheless, it's quite a funny concept.
it doesnt actually get you high. i remember reading an article online about this a while back. iirc certain sounds or combinations of sounds can cause the brain to react similarly to the way it would if you were actually taking certain drugs (supposedly). so while the sounds dont actually get you high, it can (supposedly) mimic the effects of certain drugs.

immediately after reading the article i looked up a few youtube videos with these sounds. i didnt really get anything out of it personally, but i didnt listen to it for long either. it would be interesting to try it out again :D

here is an article for example:
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/digital-drugs/
lilmetal

Post by lilmetal »

Yeah, these sounds can cause a person to feel some effects.
However, I don't think the PSP is a good tool to use for this.
The sound reproduction is terrible... I couldn't get anything with this.
You need the high quality sound files, and a decent pair of headphones.
It's not immediate either, takes some time for it to kick in. XD
wassgha

Post by wassgha »

I've read some reports and this actually may work with some teens, and may not work with others... Personally, I didn't try it but I think that "if you belive in it, it will work" this is like mixing some sugar and water then telling to some people that if they drink that drink they will not feel electric shocs and telling to other people that this drink will make them more sesitive to electric shocs and the result is : the first group of people don't feel the electric shoc, and the second will get hurt...
Anyway, I hope you didn't take some mp3s from the i-dosing sites without permission ;)
jaja2u

Post by jaja2u »

I don't know what to make of this...

It's extremely unique though :lol:
Thank you Total_Noob :mrgreen:
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

I think if this app works, it has my Vote!
But Make sure the sounds are as HQ as possible.

I don't use drugs, personally. I got a second hand high once in my life, and it felt good. It would be nice to get the same feeling, without having to deal with the dreadful drug.
npt
VIP

Post by npt »

wassgha wrote:I've read some reports and this actually may work with some teens, and may not work with others... Personally, I didn't try it but I think that "if you belive in it, it will work" this is like mixing some sugar and water then telling to some people that if they drink that drink they will not feel electric shocs and telling to other people that this drink will make them more sesitive to electric shocs and the result is : the first group of people don't feel the electric shoc, and the second will get hurt...
Anyway, I hope you didn't take some mp3s from the i-dosing sites without permission ;)
To the OP, the submitter of this homebrew: Did you get permission to use those MP3s from that site? If not, we cannot allow you to enter without getting permission. I will be locking this now, but if you can get permission for the MP3s to be used in your PSP version (the idose site mp3s, that is where you got your's for this correct?) then I will definitely unlock it and other than that I don't AS OF YET see anything else that breaks the rules. I wanted to respond to this IMMEDIATELY, normally I'd test the brew first and then lock, but, because this seems a rather obvious "grab" of MP3s from the idose site, please PM me. If you can get permission to use them, and sent that to me via PM on here (or email if you want, pm me and I can get it to you) then I will unlock; in the meantime when I get home from work (about 9 hrs from now) I will test it for other reasons, so that IF you get permission I have tested it for all the other rules like splashscreen etc.

So, go and try to get permission. : ) This is a very different type of entry, and drugs aren't something we wish to promote with this competition in any way, BUT, we do not have a rule against "virtual drugs" therefore I will allow entry IF you get permission to use the MP3s. If you already have, just PM me - but I need some sort of proof.

Also, just so you know this has NOTHING (the locking I mean) to do with the content of you homebrew - you have the right to enter ANYTHING psp that runs standalone, or is a plugin, cfw, kernel sploit, vsh sploit, etc etc etc. What you CANNOT do is use copyrighted material with permission. Get permission, as I would like ot have your entry in the competition as we want as MANY entries as possible, and I doubt we will get a similiar type entry so... get permission then PM me. : )

/me rant turned off now

Regards,

npt

;)

Return to “Submissions”