Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

AnyLanguageStudy v3.0 U2 (Unofficial update)

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
passingby

Re: AnyLanguageStudy v1.0 (by Nakano)

Post by passingby »

nakano wrote:Though, you could just remove the transparent from the beginning of your image to get the right result.
It's not that, it's because options.png's coordinates are set to 30,20 by default.
[spoiler]The red box is where you can place a custom image when the default centering is '30,20' for options.png:

The red box here is with the coordinates changed to 0,0 for options.png:
As you can see with "0,0"; a custom image can use the full screen.
Or you can center an image using transparent pixels anywhere on the screen.

That's what I meant by making the default 0,0 so nobody would run into that problem.[/spoiler]
nakano wrote:When you have the style ready, I'll try it and see what I can do to solve these issues.
Well, it's pretty much done (I could only test it on v2.0 of course).
I'll PM it to you for testing.
Advertising
JZXGTE

Post by JZXGTE »

I'm getting an error when I try to run this program on 6.39 ME-9.4

"Error: index.lua:1: unexpected symbol near `(upside-down capital U)`
Press start to restart"

This is after I added Heisig's Remember the Kanji Image List, and followed the Readme directions: I changed index.lua's screen:blit(0,0.. to (184,0.. (all 4 of them), and added the new entry, "jpn0.pgf;ltn0.pgf;language/japanese/rtk/Heisig's_Remember_the_Kanji.csv;English-Japanese" without the quotation marks in dictionary.ini.

Is the CFW version the problem or did I make a mistake with the changes in index.lua?
Advertising
nakano

Re: AnyLanguageStudy v3.0 (by Nakano)

Post by nakano »

^I don't think it's a problem with a newer CFW. I can't test, though. New version (V3) will include Heisig's Kanji Image List with default positions of (184, 0). Please wait for that. I will probably release it through Qj.net forums this time when the results of Neo Compo are announced/discussed.

Passingby, the style is now showing properly. Not counting this, which you couldn't test, but I won't change the color or I don't know... It's hard to get a right color for every situation (image / style effects).

I will probably not add the support for drill levels. It would be good, but adding it would need a lot of modifications; I don't have that much of free time. Next might be my last release for PSP any time soon. However, for any skillful coder interested in implementing the feature, I suggest look into function selectDictionary and use variable dictionarySubset.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
passingby

Post by passingby »

nakano wrote:Passingby, the style is now showing properly. Not counting this, which you couldn't test, but I won't change the color or I don't know... It's hard to get a right color for every situation (image / style effects).
You're talking about the new timer text right?
I was worried about something like that if I made a theme for the old version.
I adjusted it a little based on your screencap, see if this works better:
[spoiler]Image
If it's still bad I'll just wait for v3.0 and make some more adjustments.[/spoiler]
nakano

Post by nakano »

Yes. It's perfect! Thank you!
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
JZXGTE

Post by JZXGTE »

nakano wrote:^I don't think it's a problem with a newer CFW. I can't test, though. New version (V3) will include Heisig's Kanji Image List with default positions of (184, 0). Please wait for that. I will probably release it through Qj.net forums this time when the results of Neo Compo are announced/discussed.
Since I'm not that familiar with QJ.net forums, I would appreciate it if you could provide a link/update on this thread once the new version is out.
I feel that this homebrew will help me a lot with learning Japanese... so I am very grateful and will be waiting patiently for the new release.
nakano

AnyLanguageStudy v3.0 (by Nakano)

Post by nakano »

Hi!

I already decided to release a new version (and probably final, unless you find any bugs). Here is the thread from Qj. I didn't add the support for drill levels. Instead of that, I added Quick Jump Menu which pretty much does what I wanted. It was a lot easier to just add an extra menu.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
passingby

Post by passingby »

Thanks for v3.0!
I really appreciate all the work you put into it.
nakano

Post by nakano »

^No problem. Thank you for participating on the project! Creating custom lists and an additional style helped a lot. I really appreciate the time you spend creating them. Besides, it was much nicer to work with someone. Probably, without your suggestions v2.0 may had been the final.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
passingby

Post by passingby »

I'm just a really big fan of the project. I'm glad my input helped.

Speaking of...
I ran into this weird bug with the timer:
[spoiler]Image
It's the second time it's happened, but I can't manually duplicate it so it might not be an issue yet.
I managed to restart and complete the whole list without any more errors though:
Also, my PSP has crashed a few times when putting it into sleep mode, I don't know why, but that also hasn't happened too often to cause concern.[/spoiler]
Kind of related,
Is there any way to reset the course timer besides starting a different course, then going back to the one you want to start again?
Or a way to restart it when you start from a new break point?

On a side note, I made a new RTK list with giant kanji images and lesson break points if anybody is interested:
[spoiler]Image
The file size is only slightly larger than the regular version.

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CCPB5OH2[/spoiler]
Also, I made a new style:
[spoiler]It's kind of a dark smokey theme.

Also included are copies of the old styles with an adjusted 'right.png' for image lists with images on the left like the Flags and new RTK pack above:

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MUN4C3DJ[/spoiler]

Return to “Submissions”